MINDHUNTER Series Discussion

I find him interesting, but only because 95 percent of what he says is just train of consciousness thoughts about whatever case he's working on, and that includes his dialogues with his girlfriend—he'll often bounce ideas off her in regards to his current case. There's also a certain mystery about a guy who came from "all around", born in "brooklyn" yet distinctly not new yorkish. I'm only on episode 6, so maybe they go nowhere with that back story of his, but I find him interesting enough.

That said, it took me an episode or two to warm up to him. The very first negotiation scene with him in the beginning was a pretty big turn off for me in regards to his character and mannerisms/speech, but he grew on me quickly.

I find the Holden character weirdly compelling despite his "boringness". Obviously they are drawing parallels between him and the killers he's interviewing, but it doesn't seem that they go the way you expect by the end of the season.

Not really a serial killer junkie personally (although I find psychopathy fascinating) but this show hooked me and I can't wait for s2.

Aight. I'll check it out. I'll be bummed if the sex ain't creepy.
the sex isnt creepy. the show is really weird though. It doesn't play out how most shows do, and you'll find yourself thinking. where are they going with this?

I loved it. I didn't predict that Holden would become unlikeable, but he definitely did at the end. Very much looking forward to another season.

i loved it as well. it was a good departure from the usual gore based serial killer show, i like how it focused on the science of behavior and trying to form a base to build from (i got a masters in spec ed this stuff kinda interesting to me though).

Just finished it and really enjoyed it. It's like an episodic silence of the lambs.

Just wrapped up the weekend binge of this series. Definitely a slow burn show, but I kept finding myself throwing on another episode even when I didn't really think I wanted to watch one. Finally, once the last episode finished, I was disappointed I didn't have anymore even though it was 1am and I had to be at work in 6 hours.

I'll fo sho be tuned in for the 2nd season.

Just wrapped up the weekend binge of this series. Definitely a slow burn show, but I kept finding myself throwing on another episode even when I didn't really think I wanted to watch one. Finally, once the last episode finished, I was disappointed I didn't have anymore even though it was 1am and I had to be at work in 6 hours.

I'll fo sho be tuned in for the 2nd season.
Its a weird show. Very mellow and almost noir, but i find myself enticed. I appreciate a slow pace. I feel that too many films and tv shows move too fast. Im liking this ultra slow buildup

6 episodes in... great show. I'm loving this more than Stranger Things, which is a surprise. New favorite netflix show.

Holt McCallany has been an absolute revelation here. So glad Fincher kept this guy in the rolodex all these years. Recognized him instantly as one of the goons in Fight Club. His performance in Mindhunter has been fantastic.

FightClub_279Pyxurz.jpg

725_mindhunter_108_unit_08151r5.jpeg

I’m with you on enjoying it more than Stranger Things. Not sure why both are good shows but Mindhunter just grabbed my attention from the start.

I’m with you on enjoying it more than Stranger Things. Not sure why both are good shows but Mindhunter just grabbed my attention from the start.

It's interesting, I started with Stranger Things season two on Saturday and after the first episode, I just wasn't enthralled. I decided to flip on Mindhunter and next thing you know, I finished the season in two days. I'm determined to finish Stranger Things, but I think this show just clicked with me right now more.

It's interesting, I started with Stranger Things season two on Saturday and after the first episode, I just wasn't enthralled. I decided to flip on Mindhunter and next thing you know, I finished the season in two days. I'm determined to finish Stranger Things, but I think this show just clicked with me right now more.
Stranger things is too cliche and predictable to me

First two episodes are phenomenal. Main character is so likable and same with the supporting FBI instructor. Ed Kemper is so goddamn interesting. I hope every loon they interview is just as interesting.

Okay, I started this finally last night. Disappointing, but not why you'd think:

1) Its clearly a very good show, I love the pacing and the vibe/setting.
2) The problem - I've seen sooooooo many documentaries on these serial killers, read their bios/life stories, the timeline of their crimes etc, so there is literally no suspense or intrigue here for me. Disclaimer - I didn't realise it was a series based on fact/true stories, really. So when Kemper turns in up in episode 1, I was like - shit, he's doing a good job of playing Kemper, he's creepy. But I already knew the details.
Episode 2 - as SOON as 'Wichita, Kansas' popped up on the opening scene, I immediately thought 'fucking Dennis Rader' and there he is, fleetingly.

So from that, having seen two episodes, I'm guessing the 'meat' of this series will be Rader. And I already know everything about it. I will definitely finish it coz I like the vibe but damn, I wish I didn't know this shit already - my mate doesn't, and he worships this show!

Sat down to watch the first episode of Mindhunter but had to bail before it even finished. The main guy is a plank of wood, the writing contrived and I have a few other moans that might be seen as spoilers.

I haven't read too much about it other than seeing lots of positive reviews so I would avoid spoilers but me and the wife just couldn't get through it. I'm still interested in the premise - Should we persevere? am I right? is it just a show for teens? is it just bad? do I just have abysmal taste?

Favorite dialogue in the show was him analyzing a probable fight/break up with a girlfriend.

Persevere past half of an episode?

Nah', 25 minutes of a series is enough to judge.

<TrumpWrong1>

As you watch you’ll see the evoloution of the main character as he gains self confidence and fights the old ways of the FBI

I watched the entire season, thought it was well worth the watch.

FWIW I struggled to get through the first episode but it gets better

It’s pretty good and worth the watch

First episode was really poorly written/performed. It was too expository and focused too closely on the young guy and his girlfriend. Their chemistry never really gets better, but they share the screen with more regulars, so it doesn't drag down the season

When they bring in the partners and the giant murderer, things improve quickly. It's not amazing or anything, but it's pretty damned good.

Last edited:
Back