Dave Meltzer: UFC agreed to what Conor wanted,then Conor changed what he wanted

He is really challenging Tyron for the most cowardly champion of all time. Hard to believe there are still some Mcduck fight fans

Lol what? Woodley has fought every number one contender. Wonderboy twice and then Maia.

de Randamie actually did legitimately refuse to fight Cyborg. Conor on the other hand is agreeing to fight Ferguson if the UFC agrees to his demands.

There's a difference.

Fair point.

It just irritates me that he's never defended a belt. I love the McGregor circus when there's a (MMA) fight confirmed. Can't stand it the rest of the time.

I don't fault Conor at all for the decisions he's made to fight or not fight people, he has managed his career very well. I think peoples frustration should be directed at the UFC, not Conor, for allowing him to continue to take fights outside of the division in which he holds the title without stripping him. He has fought and defeated some very good fighters, but the fact remains that he hasn't ever took a risky fight to defend the title.

He's taken a bunch of risky fights in his career. The Nate fight's people need to remember came unexpectedly. Conor was not looking to fight Nate. He had just whooped Aldo, and he called out RDA. RDA was seen as a killer at this time, having just destroyed Pettis and Cowboy. The loss to Nate was even more unexpected thus they ran it back. Calling out Eddie was another risky fight for him.

Huge Conor fan but this is beyond ridiculous, defend or vacate.

My favorite part about all this is that the haters created the hype. From the moment the GOAT joke meme started, they couldn't take it. They obsessed over him. They talk about him more than his fans and they unintentionally catapulted him into super stardom. You'd think they'd know that they actually create the heel. I suspect the haters are the wrestling, hill billy fans. The ones that can't stand the thought of a tattoo'd up hipster, who's more into fashion than fighting, actually destroying their heroes. They keep creating heroes to beat their villian. Tony Ferguson is just the next in a long line.

He's taken a bunch of risky fights in his career. The Nate fight's people need to remember came unexpectedly. Conor was not looking to fight Nate. He had just whooped Aldo, and he called out RDA. RDA was seen as a killer at this time, having just destroyed Pettis and Cowboy. The loss to Nate was even more unexpected thus they ran it back. Calling out Eddie was another risky fight for him.
I said a risky fight defending his title, which he has not done. The Nate rematch was ridiculous because he was finished decisively, it was even more ridiculous that he was allowed to keep the FW belt while having another shot to fight Nate.

Dave Meltzer is known for talking out of his ass. I used to listen to his pro wrestling predictions years ago and he'd honestly just pull shit out of his ass most of the time.

This is laughable!

What's even funnier is that people are defending this!

Guarantee you they made more from him fighting 3 times last year than he did for all the fights AND the maywether fight
You're logic is all kinds of fucked dude

You're comparing what the promotion made versus the fighter, and saying my logic is fucked?

I think Conor is about to go on a bad losing streak if he faces the guys who deserve it. I'd even pick Diaz over him again because everyone knows that Conor has about seven minutes and all will have the same game plan. It showed how mediocre Nate is IMO when he didn't turn it up and got beat by a gassed Conor over the last 3 rounds.
I think the Diaz 3 fight will be hard for UFC to come to terms with since Nate seems 100% sincere with his new high money damands. I fthe guy seriously atleast want 10 mil for Woodley they could expect much more for Conor.

Probably because the UFC changed what THEY wanted out of him.
What does that even mean?? They want him to show up in the cage on fight night. It's not very complicated and won't change that would be stupid.

I said a risky fight defending his title, which he has not done. The Nate rematch was ridiculous because he was finished decisively, it was even more ridiculous that he was allowed to keep the FW belt while having another shot to fight Nate.

I know what you said.. You need to look at his whole career. He took time off to make this mega fight with Floyd. He did it and now is working his way back to the UFC. It is a negotiation. And the Nate rematch was epic and sold through the roof. People wanted it..

LOL he just got paid and now its time to do his job and defend the belt. The money "negotiations" is simply a facade in order to duck Ferg.

His job is to get paid to fight. He is doing his job by negotiating.. UFC is doing their job making money also.

What a shocker.. practically everyone called this after UFC let the guy make 100m boxing

Guys ego is out of control now

If Connie thinks he's the best he should fight for free to prove it.

If Dana or the UFC say this about any other fighter, we write it off as them shilling for the company. But because its Conor, we pretend this is exactly what went on behind the scenes. Take the Mighty Mouse situation for example. Everyone was convinced that the UFC were just trying to taunt MM into accepting the fight with Dillashaw, by speaking ill of him.

Now it's like "woo, this is the information we wanted, no way the truth is being warped in any kind of way here, 105% true."

Back