Dave Meltzer: UFC agreed to what Conor wanted,then Conor changed what he wanted

Who is fight Ghost? Do they have any credibility?

Can anyone verify that Meltzer said that? It's still 2nd hand information... but Meltzer is one of the more reliable sources for info imo. That said... "Fight Ghost" claiming that's what Meltzer said moves us into the realm of 3rd hand information. So I ain't buying it without more info.

Who is fight Ghost? Do they have any credibility?

Can anyone verify that Meltzer said that? It's still 2nd hand information... but Meltzer is one of the more reliable sources for info imo. That said... "Fight Ghost" claiming that's what Meltzer said moves us into the realm of 3rd hand information. So I ain't buying it without more info.
I just listened to the latest Wrestling Observer Radio w/Meltzer expecting to hear this straight from him, but IIRC it wasn't mentioned on yesterday's WOR (and they covered a lot of UFC).

"UFC maintains that any champion is expected to accept fights against the top contenders in their respective weight classes in order to maintain the integrity of the sport.”
- UFC statement after stripping de Randamie of her title.

de Randamie actually did legitimately refuse to fight Cyborg. Conor on the other hand is agreeing to fight Ferguson if the UFC agrees to his demands.

There's a difference.

I don't think it's ducking per se. It's that Conor has an unhealthy addiction to being begged. How often has he said variants of "I'll make you beg me?" As long as he can draw out the process of people sweating bullets to please him and getting him to agree to something, he'll do it. He has enough money, now he's in it for the power ploys.

Or is he simply trying to get the absolute most amount of money?
Don't you dare tell me he's afraid of Tony

Guys been in there with 'prime' Aldo and Alvarez

He's not scared
It's business, and when it's his life/body on the line he has every right to get paid the most he can, he's he only fighter on the roster that can get away with it and so he should
He owes 'them' nothing
Fought 3 times last year

Just stop with this. He just a huge multi-million dollar fight specifically because the UFC let him. He would not have gotten that fight without the UFC.

And the 3 fights last year? I'll give him the late notice fight against Diaz, but that was really a replacement for a gifted title shot. He then was gifted the rematch instead of defending, then re-gifted the title shot at 155. So stop with this 'he fought 3 times to help the UFC out' stuff.

I lost now conor haters
Tony or khabib which is he 'ducking' now?
Wasnt khabib 'tailor made' to beat conor before? Now its tony?

Strip his title and don't offer him any fights

Agreed. Strip and then go completely dark on this guy.

With his current cash burn rate he'll be begging for a fight in less than a year.

UFC needs to call the bullshit and reveal this charade. Tony smashes him if they ever fight. Connor knows this and is buying time.

The PPV buyrates this year show that UFC has become completely dependent on individual stars, and the UFC brand itself is no longer a significant selling point (like it used to be).

Without White factoring in whatever UFC made from the Mayweather-McGregor fight into his financials, this would've been a disastrous year for the UFC, and White got particularly defensive about that when a reporter asked why he was including Mayweather-McGregor when he claimed it was "the best year ever."

Rousey's WWE bound, St-Pierre's a question mark, and McGregor will definitely be back, but IIRC he's got four fights left in his contract, and if he finishes them out and leaves, the UFC doesn't have anyone left to be the one-million PPV buyrate anchor.

UFC is dependent on stars for a while. Ronda, Brock, GSP, even Jones...
I know, all of them are out: mentally destroyed, too old (but who knows), question mark, steroids
But like I said, it's not so difficult to create new stars.

Too bad (for UFC, I for one am glad) that Lee and Garbrandt lost, because they had some STAR potential. But you can definitely market a guy like Borrachinha, if he has a few more wins.

LOL he just got paid and now its time to do his job and defend the belt. The money "negotiations" is simply a facade in order to duck Ferg.
You really believe that? Why would he duck Ferg?

Agreed. Strip and then go completely dark on this guy.

With his current cash burn rate he'll be begging for a fight in less than a year.

UFC needs to call the bullshit and reveal this charade. Tony smashes him if they ever fight. Connor knows this and is buying time.
Your not real bright are you?

I just listened to the latest Wrestling Observer Radio w/Meltzer expecting to hear this straight from him, but IIRC it wasn't mentioned on yesterday's WOR (and they covered a lot of UFC).

I don't remember it either, but he was all over the place yesterday & I was pretty busy while listening.
He was talking UFC, NJ, WWE at the same time

Just stop with this. He just a huge multi-million dollar fight specifically because the UFC let him. He would not have gotten that fight without the UFC.

And the 3 fights last year? I'll give him the late notice fight against Diaz, but that was really a replacement for a gifted title shot. He then was gifted the rematch instead of defending, then re-gifted the title shot at 155. So stop with this 'he fought 3 times to help the UFC out' stuff.

Guarantee you they made more from him fighting 3 times last year than he did for all the fights AND the maywether fight
You're logic is all kinds of fucked dude

Yes

Not afraid as a contender becouse he has everything to win

Afraid to defend becouse he could lose his belt

He cares about getting paid. And he called out the best. Never pulled from a fight..

Without White factoring in whatever UFC made from the Mayweather-McGregor fight into his financials, this would've been a disastrous year for the UFC

That really isn't true
Without a single PPV sold it would be the third best year in UFC history.

Apparently not judging by this forum. Its comical to think that people actually believe that Tony is going to Homer Simpson Conor.

Tony's ground game will tap Conor. But on the feet he is out of his depth. Conor will own him there..

sounds like negotiation to me

Conor knows what he worth and he wont fight for anything less

not after the mayweather fight

The Tony fight will happen

You need to get over the belt and look at his whole career. He took this break to box Floyd and make his money. Not because he was shitting bricks about UFC competition. Tony just turned down a fight he knows is hard. Just did this.
I don't fault Conor at all for the decisions he's made to fight or not fight people, he has managed his career very well. I think peoples frustration should be directed at the UFC, not Conor, for allowing him to continue to take fights outside of the division in which he holds the title without stripping him. He has fought and defeated some very good fighters, but the fact remains that he hasn't ever took a risky fight to defend the title.

Back