Dave Meltzer: Many UFC Show have done under 100k, No worries.

qQODs8T.png

UFC is dying confirmed

You guys need to go back and look at the UFC buy rate from 2009

Even then in its prime cards were doing 150k, 250k, and then a big card came and did like 950k.

It's good because it means no matter how big the UFC gets, they are never bigger than the fighters. Never bigger than their stars! The stars make the sport.

Lots had written off boxing until Tyson came along...same to same..

Back then many fighters were paid like 4k/4k. These days everyone wants money fights.

i wonder what they break even is for an event. even 40K PPV is over a million dollars with a PPV rate for UFC at $30. add in another million in gate and they are probably in the black.

of course you want to make more money, but if your current business model is not doing great and you are still breaking or profting even then that is a good sign.

Conor Mcgregor is MMA

And obviously they need him back.. But problem is his asking price is so high, UFC is not going to make a killing off his future fights.. He might be cool with only a 3 mil guarantee, BUT he is going to want like 30 bucks a PPV buy..

Shows that most people aren't willing to pay 64.99 for a shit ufc ppv card

Now everyone has become a mighty mouse level draw.

Good Job WME and Dana.

And yet, even at 135k, it was still better than Bellator New York City

A UFC card slammed as being terrible buywise, still better than Bellators most hyped event ever. Shows how big the gap between the two still is.

It's good because it means no matter how big the UFC gets, they are never bigger than the fighters. Never bigger than their stars! The stars make the sport.

Maybe they will realize this someday and build events around stars instead of scheduling events then scrambling to find a main event.

Maybe they will realize this someday and build events around stars instead of scheduling events then scrambling to find a main event.
I agree, so from now on I want to see the next big card built around Mighty Mouse!

You guys need to go back and look at the UFC buy rate from 2009

Even then in its prime cards were doing 150k, 250k, and then a big card came and did like 950k.

Possibly the stupidest post i've seen on Sherdog so far in 2018

Hendo - Franklin (non title fight) drew 350,000

That was the lowest of the year.

Pass me whatever the fuck you smoking.

Back