Dave Meltzer about KSW production quality and marketing. "Better than UFC, WWE, anyone" | Page 2

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by PudzianFighter, Jan 3, 2018.

1. kingcillo24 Brown Belt

kingcillo24
    Dana White made such a big deal about the Conor/Mendes walkout performances. He wasn't bitching about booking Sinead O'Connor, but about the performance stage. All it did was go up and down. Also at UFC 200 they had the projection sheet that had worse image quality than Pride events.

2. king of theRing Black Belt

king of theRing
    Actually they did it cause they couldn't sell tickets at the time

3. TheShockmaster Purple Belt

TheShockmaster
    In soviet Russia, show fights you.

4. CC27 Gold Belt

CC27
    KSW has great production and when you only do like 4 shows a year its easier to do, same with Rizin.

You see with Bellator who runs over 20 shows you cant do that kind of stuff event after event and KSW is much bigger production than Bellator.

5. covenant Brown Belt

covenant
    the ufc is certainly lacking when jt comes to prodcution. its because theres sadly no one with any imagination in a position to bring some growth to the company.

even the name ufc needs to change.

6. covenant Brown Belt

covenant
    i like the rizin ring.

7. Cantalope Brown Belt

Cantalope
    Or this is a money funnel :p

8. HHJ Plutonium Belt

HHJ
    Ufc does 800 cards a year. Rizin does like 5. Ufc could make 5 cards a year look like star wars but sadly for you they do more than that

9. CDN420 Blue Belt

CDN420
    KSW seems to have the production part, its the stable of lower end talent overall. Not that they don't have their own stars, some more legit then others talent wise. Seems the over the top productions have and still come from Asia, and Europe. While its real worth we are seeking, are the fighters and the fights. As long as we have that in abundance, we almost don't mind. I think it would make the live events, lets say much more dramatic. The price would dramatically increase across the board. Its already getting way to watered down. So I would rather see the money go to the fighters, give me less production.

10. Mob69 Brown Belt

Mob69
    Yep. If you examine the production pageantry of the UFC mand compares it to, say, Wrestlemania, the gap is huge.

11. PIT FIGHTER YAMMA Pit Fighting ver 2.74

PIT FIGHTER
    He's not wrong. It really is top-notch quality.

Especially since WWE has been cutting back in recent years while KSW goes all out.

12. executionermma Welcher Belt

executionermma
    I really like ACB pacing and focus on fighting, and Rizin has been killing it aswell, but i think KSW is ahead of the game, they really are the best in hyping everything, in making every second feel special and their ability to make their shows feel big is just phenomenal stuff. I don't care if it's similar to what K1 used to, UFC should try it. It works.

13. JimGunn Silver Belt

JimGunn
    Surely you are a billionaire business mogul yourself and visionary who is the only one smart enough to see the value in tossing away a brand name for a business with a two decade old worldwide following that literally sold for billions recently and starting over re-branding it as something else? Please tell us what your recommended new name would be? I assume that you have one right on the tip of your tongue to make such a strong and counter-intuitive recommendation, right?

Edwin likes this.
  14. RawHawg Black Belt

RawHawg
    Any word on if Pudz-McSweeney will be rescheduled? I was very disappointed that didnt happen as planned

15. covenant Brown Belt

covenant
    these billionaire moguls are not smart buddy. people do not not watch mma because of the "ufc" The brands value is directly tied in how much they can pay their fighters. paying them a pittance and having a gigantic rostet will have a negarice effect eventually. also fox is not paying what they want.

you and ari emmanuel are friggin clueless if you dont thinm the time to move agianst the ufc is now.

manboy<3 likes this.
  16. Hotora86 Karate isn't back. It never left.

Hotora86
    In Soviet Russia fight watches YOU!