Dave Meltzer about KSW production quality and marketing. "Better than UFC, WWE, anyone"

Can’t argue...I’ve been impressed by the shows I’ve watched. Especially that stadium show.

I wish UFC would glam it up just a tad. They already have their fighters acting like big time rasslers. Fans wouldn’t begrudge them some spectacle

Rizin too. There's a lot of things I wish UFC would pick up on to make their events more enjoyable.

That’s because he’s never seen RIZIN which smokes all the ones he mentioned.

Rizin and KSW have best production in MMA by far. I say Rizin is best by far.

That’s because he’s never seen RIZIN which smokes all the ones he mentioned.

Meltzer saw everything. Rizin has good productions but it is not KSW level. Entrance, audio-visual effect in arena, video..

E.g

Yeah when people pick between ksw and rizin, its just personal taste. But i really think in terms of actual production look and level, ksw is higher. They definitely have the more cinematic approach

they have been ahead of the UFC in terms of production value for years.

Fuck 'em all, ACB's slogan says it best: Less Show, More Fight.

K-1 clones in terms of production.

Still, never think about watching any of their shows.

last KSW show.

btw. I like this one the most

Last edited:
I've always loved KSW. I wish the american promotions had a little spectacle than they currently do.

how much does the big name fighters in rizin/ksw make?

like horiguchi and khalidov

In terms of production there is RIZIN on top. Then everything else can debated below.

<mma4> .

I think theyre both debatable. Certain things ksw does that rizin doesn't and vice versa. In terms of cinematic, i think ksw is on top. But it's all a personal taste preference

Last edited:
I think the number one reason you don't see this level of production in the UFC is they simply don't have the time to do this for every event or even just PPV's when you figure every other show they got going on. I don't believe they think the money it would take to do it would ever generate the revenue to make it up.

Maybe in the UFC future if we get most the events for free and are only asked to pay for maybe 4 PPV's a year would they might try out some new crazy production antics for those PPV's.

P.S: The most intriguing thing about KSW is what they have been able to sell and get the Poland people to buy. Let's face facts its a lot of smoke and mirrors when it comes to talent and match ups yet they sell the shit out of it. A lot orgs could learn from there marketing team that is for sure.

I think the number one reason you don't see this level of production in the UFC is they simply don't have the time to do this for every event or even just PPV's when you figure every other show they got going on. I don't believe they think the money it would take to do it would ever generate the revenue to make it up.

Maybe in the UFC future if we get most the events for free and are only asked to pay for maybe 4 PPV's a year would they might try out some new crazy production antics for those PPV's.

P.S: The most intriguing thing about KSW is what they have been able to sell and get the Poland people to buy. Let's face facts its a lot of smoke and mirrors when it comes to talent and match ups yet they sell the shit out of it. A lot orgs could learn from there marketing team that is for sure.

The UFC did make an attempt back when Tito was on top. It was costing a lot of money (and their production wasn't nearly as good) and taking up seats that they could be selling.

Back