Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Madmick

Zugzwang
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
I've been listening to this for the past few weeks. It's so damn good. I expected that A Perfect Circle's recent album would hit the nostalgia strings, but it was Dave who brought the long thoughts. I think his second and third albums, Under the Table and Dreaming and Crash, from way back in 1994 and 1996, are his most widely loved by a wide margin, and I certainly feel that same way.

This is easily the best since this two, and further, I think it matches them. Every song below has single replay power for me: pretty much the entire album.

It is slower than those albums, but perhaps even more effusive with reflectance on joy and hope; a positive philosophy of music for which Dave is famous. Although there is also a strain of melancholy that runs through it. And, like classic Dave at his best with songs like "Two Step" or "#41", so far familiarity has only bred more admiration; if I am fortunate also equal timelessness.

https://www.allmusic.com/album/come-tomorrow-mw0003173938

Last edited:
Listened to a few tracks. Virginia in the Rain was my favorite. Overall I'll call it good easy listening. Not sure if I can get into it like I did back in my college days (don't think my body makes those puppy love hormones anymore) but it's definitely well written and played.

Not a fan but I'll listen. Crush is still my favorite song of theirs. That shit is smoother than a fresh jar of skippy

I didn't even know he had a new album. I'll listen for sure. I like DMB quite a bit.

He did a great performance for npr tiny desk recently

Back