Dave Chappelle vs Chris Tucker

Pick

• Total voters
Dave has just done alot more with his comedy. Tucker just got paid to be himself most of the time,and peaked early with Friday. He never outdid Friday.

If it were just movies I would go with Chris. But with standup and the show I give it to Dave.

Though sounds like no one here has actually seen Chris Tucker's standup. That's the problem with asking a group of white millennials what they prefer. Dave would kill Chris Rock in this poll as well, probably any black comedian who got their fame in the 90s.
For sure Chris Rock is better than dave in standup

More so the fact he became a born again Christian. It's why he has yet to reprise his role as Smokey in the Friday films.

Its not just that, he also priced himself out of movies. It's why from 98 to 2012 the only thing he showed up in were Rush Hour sequels, where he got paid insane amounts of money. He got rich quick and then got out, instead of building his brand.

I thought he was pretty good in Silver Linings Playbook/Dead Presidents as well.

His best or funniest movies will always be Friday and Rush hour, which is better than anything Daves ever done on film. Half baked was cool but nowhere as funny as Friday/Rush hour.

I remember liking Money Talks, haven't seen it in years though.

You can't be serious...

I know you don't smoke weed, I know this; but I'm gonna get you high today, 'cause it's Friday; you ain't got no job... and you ain't got shit to do.

You got knocked the fuck out!

Weed is from the earth. God put this here for me and you. Take advantage man, take advantage.

You gotta be one stupid motherfucker to get fired on your day off

No sugar? Damn. Y'all ain't never got two things that match. Either y'all got Kool-aid, no sugar. Peanut butter, no jelly. Ham, no burger. Daaamn.

He gon cry in the car

I got mind control over Deebo. He be like "shut the fuck up." I be quiet. But when he leave, I be talking again.

Remember it ,Write it down, take a picture, I don't give a fuck

I was just bullshittin'! And you know this, mannnnn!

Google is an amazing invention.

The only one I remember from those are. You got knocked the fuck out.

Google is an amazing invention.

The only one I remember from those are. You got knocked the fuck out.

Dude me and my co-workers still quote that movie regularly. One of the greatest comedies of all time imo.

In general Chappelle, especially his show/skits, however in actual movies I prefer to watch Tucker over Chappelle. I think Tucker is a better actor and plays his roles well.

Sketch comedy and stand up it's Dave easily. In movies it's Tucker easily.

Chappelle vs Rock would be a good one, Tucker isn't even close

This like comparing apples to oranges, and still racist at the same time.

Tucker's got more intensity to his presence, and more assuredness in playing up a certain type. Chappelle always was concerned with being regarded as a minstrel, which I feel hampered his performances. He's got a wider array of characters, but he doesn't play them as well as Chris Tucker plays Chris Tucker (who doesn't do sketch comedy). Chappelle's movie characters tend to be forgettable. Standup-wise, I think Chappelle is the smarter comic but Tucker in his prime filled the stage. His self-righteous indignation is second to none; no one gets put out better than Chris Tucker.

Prime for Prime, gotta go with Tucker.

Optimus Out!

A closer poll would probably be Dave Chappelle vs prime Eddie Murphy
Damn that would be a tough one. There wasn't a man on Earth that was funnier than Eddie Murphy in the 1980's.

Chappelle's Show was the funniest show of all time.

Dave Chappelle is one of the funniest stand up comics to ever do it.

Chris Tucker has been in a few movies and I've never even seen him do stand up.

Back