Dave Chappelle - "I've never had a problem with white people ever in my life"

Read up on Lenny Bruce and how he went down hill as a comic after his arrest for cursing on stage.

He became so obsessed with it it was all,he talked about on stage.

I great comic but the system in the US fucked with him and with the drugs in the end he had lost it.

If you don't know much about him read up on him in detail it's a great but sad story.
I'm familiar with Lenny Bruce, so I don't get what you're talking about with comics going all "last days of Lenny."

He walked away from apparently one of the biggest deals in TV history because he felt like he was being owned by big execs, and that white staff on his show were laughing at him not with him during his spoofs of race relations.

Pretty insightful video. Apparently it was Bill Burr. <Lmaoo> featuring the late great Patrice O'Neal and Jim Norton.

Burr is a closet racist.

Idgaf if his wife is black.

I'm familiar with Lenny Bruce, so I don't get what you're talking about with comics going all "last days of Lenny."

Did you see where all he did was talk about his court case on stage.

Kind of like the ones that all they can talk about is Trump.

Of course he hasn't.

They're hardly a problem for anyone in most "diverse" societies.

A clip of the new Chappelle netflix special. I can't wait to watch it as this will be his first stand up with Trump as president. Gonna be funny shit.

Replace "poor white person" with "poor black person" and "trump" with "obama"
Now, which one do we have video evidence of??????

Used to like the guy. He was funny. Made some great skits on Chappelle Show.

Now he's reduced himself to getting cheap laughs by portraying Trump voters as poor, uneducated, white trash people.

Talk about low hanging fruit.
Absolute bullfuckingshit.

Did you see him on SNL? He did the 1st SNL of the year i believe, the one right after Trump was elected. He was also on some late night show...maybe Kimmel..and he said we should all give Trump a chance. He didn't bash the guy at all. Especially at a time where everyone else was, so, no, Dave is not "looking for cheap laughs".
He gave Trump a chance, saw the bullshit, and is now commenting.
Lol Dave doesn't need to pander to anyone. If he was about selling cheap laughs then he would have never canceled his comedy central show at the height of its prime. He rightfully thinks that Trump, and his voters are morons

Hit a nerve did it. But but but Obama.

Why is that? Sorry if you got butthurt that you could completely swap Trump for Obama and you would find the same idiocy Dave talked about. I would have just liked to see video of it.

Why is that? Sorry if you got butthurt that you could completely swap Trump for Obama and you would find the same idiocy Dave talked about. I would have just liked to see video of it.

Yeah it definitely hit a nerve.

Used to like the guy. He was funny. Made some great skits on Chappelle Show.

Now he's reduced himself to getting cheap laughs by portraying Trump voters as poor, uneducated, white trash people.

Talk about low hanging fruit.

Yep, people are just laughing because it is chappelle and that depiction fits a certain segments anti-trump worldview, not because it's actually a funny observation.

Replace "poor white person" with "poor black person" and "trump" with "obama"
Now, which one do we have video evidence of??????

Accurate.

Of course, the stereotypical poor white with a limited grasp of domestic politics exists, but its not as if that's something new.

Shocking so many people derive their personal beliefs and ideals from fucking comedians... otherwise known as contemporary jesters.

Accurate.

Of course, the stereotypical poor white with a limited grasp of domestic politics exists, but its not as if that's something new.

Shocking so many people derive their personal beliefs and ideals from fucking comedians... otherwise known as contemporary jesters.
There is Carrot top and Gallagher, and then there are your Chapelles, Rocks, and Carlins. The latter are not simply "jesters". They are not just telling knock knock jokes, they're making social commentary.
The best comedians are not just funny, they're brilliant.

Yeah it definitely hit a nerve.

It only seems to bother you. I love Chapelle. From him being a goofball on that eddie murphy movie to saving that dude's butt and finding Nibbles killer to him fucking up charlie murphy's couch.
I just commented on how that same joke was made about Obama...even South Park did a riff on it.
Not sure why you are so upset I made a joke but get over it.
You could also just ignore me if my posts frighten you.

Accurate.

It is like if Bernie Sanders got elected some dorky ass ANTIFA LARPERs would be saying "bernie is gonna pay our student loans"

Lots of people across the spectrum have no idea how the economy works.

love this clip

it's about class, not about race

wish democrats would stop with this ridiculous white privilege nonsense, that's the reason they lose elections

It only seems to bother you. I love Chapelle. From him being a goofball on that eddie murphy movie to saving that dude's butt and finding Nibbles killer to him fucking up charlie murphy's couch.
I just commented on how that same joke was made about Obama...even South Park did a riff on it.
Not sure why you are so upset I made a joke but get over it.
You could also just ignore me if my posts frighten you..

But but but Obama.

Absolute bullfuckingshit.

Did you see him on SNL? He did the 1st SNL of the year i believe, the one right after Trump was elected. He was also on some late night show...maybe Kimmel..and he said we should all give Trump a chance. He didn't bash the guy at all. Especially at a time where everyone else was, so, no, Dave is not "looking for cheap laughs".
He gave Trump a chance, saw the bullshit, and is now commenting.
Lol Dave doesn't need to pander to anyone. If he was about selling cheap laughs then he would have never canceled his comedy central show at the height of its prime. He rightfully thinks that Trump, and his voters are morons

Except he made fun of them as they were while they were on line to vote. Which would imply he "saw the bullshit" then, not afterwards, as far as the joke is concerned. Like I said, cheap laugh anti-Trump voter stuff, painting them all as poor, uneducated, white trash.

Also, his show was creative, which is why it was in its prime at the time that he left. He left before it had a chance to devolve into weak humor for cheap laughs.

Oh, and your last sentence makes it obvious that you're one of the people he's pandering to, and easily getting the cheap laughs from.

Back