Dave Chappelle‘s Netflix

I thought they were pretty funny. The Austin one was funnier than the first one. My only critique of both standups is that some of his jokes are a few years old. Ray Rice, Bill Cosby and few other jokes were funny, but they would've been super funny a few years ago. I understand that Dave has been gone for a long time though.

They're apparently over a year old. They aren't "new".

2nd one was better, because of all those NAGGER jokes.

JK, but the War Room :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s will definitely appreciate this post

yeah i still disagree but thats fine. imo these arent even as good as killing them softly.

Killing them softly just can't be fucked with, he destroyed that set. I thought the Netflix specials were good, but he couldn't top his own killing show.
Imo.

@TheWorm beat me to it. Killing Them Softly is outstanding. The other one is great too.

@Exi-Meta-Tran-Man have you really not ever seen Chappelle's Show? :eek:

Really.

I am a bit strange that way. Didn't see an episode of Friends, or Seinfeld either until they were off the air. I was balls deep in educational pursuits and others things for about 15 years, so I missed many cultural phenoms. Same goes for the Ali G Show.

There's still one to release, God I wish Netflix offer him a deal to make a sketch show, Chappelle and Neil Brennan working together again would be gold!

Did they ever make up?

Saw the first one last night me 3 out of 5

I even got Netflix just for this I'll cancel my free trial in a few days

I'll check out the 2nd part tonight

Watched it and (my bad) expected too much. Have to say, i'm kind of dissapointed. Everyone said the Texas one was better, but it did almost nothing for me. Waited for the sitting down, having a smoke part, where people said he relaxed but the best he got out of me was a gentle blow of air through my nose. The first one was a bit better, i give him that (he saves more than he rapes was actual LOL material), but killing them softly was miles and miles above both of them.

I'm sorry, but i think he lost some of his charm. Or maybe i'm a bit older and i appreciate a different kind of humor nowdays.

I still think Bill Burr takes him. I mean, i can watch Burrs sandwich bit or the Oprah joke and watch them for the gazillionth time and i will still have actual tears in my eyes from laughing. Hell, Louis CK episode on comedians in cars getting coffee was funnier than this was.

Glad that he's doing well, and glad for him he got this deal, but the novelty has passed, at least for me.

EDIT: just rewatched the Burr Oprah joke and i'm (freakin again) crying from laughter.

This is three solid steps above Chapelle's new specials.

Have you seen Bill Burr's last stand up?? I love his podcast and his interviews, but I couldn't even finish it.

i think alot of people wanted it to be the best stand up theyve ever seen so theyre defending it as such. im not trying to discredit his return. i just think his old stuff is all funnier. this isnt close to the best ever standup.

Although Ive always found him to be pretty hilarious, it's been obvious to me that Ive never found Chappelle as funny as everyone else does. To me this is his best work, so from my POV all the hype makes sense.

Enjoyed the first gonna check out the second tonight. Something about him chuckling as his own jokes makes it more enjoyable.

Finally watched them, and it wasn't the greatest. Maybe I expected too much, after so long.

Back