Dat TRT life: what can I expect?

As an aside, one of the tests that are done every 6 months with the free and bioavailable test is a PSA (prostate specific antigen) test....monitoring any changes in the 'back end'. Your comment, although insightful, outlines my underlying intent for my addition to this thread: DON'T make decisions about a TRT determination that isn't necessary, from over-analyzing the types of test available to adding 'counteractive' medications to a TRT schedule if your endocrinologist doesn't prescribe it. Unless your medical history requires it, the amount of test you'll be supplementing should NOT cause any issues as you age (that aren't part of the natural aging process).

If you want to keep a healthy prostate, fuck a lot.

You Godamm Right, F@ck normal. I will fight Hell or High Water to keep my TRT Supp at the high normal range.

If someone isnt competing and on TRT let them be on TRTvitor levels.

Natural test levels have dropped dramatically since hunter gatherer times (even in the last century). Judging by the bones of pre-agricultural hominids people used to have ALOT more test (Cro magnon estimated average height weight 5'10 185 pounds, esstionally GSP size). Modern humans have 30 pounds less muscle at that height on average.

Watch pumping iron.To think, arnold, Franco, ferringo, Waller and zane are all alive and in most cases still jacked is ridiculous, synthetic test isn't the devil and better to have than have not!

Hope this isn't a forbidden topic. What I'm getting put on is legal and doctor prescribed.

Short story long: I'm 39 years old and recently had some blood work done to see how my testosterone levels were doing. They were low, which I had a feeling they were.

Anyway, doctor is going to start me on TRT. I don't know if anyone else has done this before, but if you have, what can I expect?

Hi TS. I am 40 right now, and I started TRT when I was 39, about 10 months ago. The onset of positive effects was gradual, it took about 4 months or so before I started seeing a significant difference.

They started me on a fairly low dose, 120mg of test cyp weekly. This dose was increased about every 6 weeks after new lab tests. For the past 4 months I've been steady at a dose of 240mg weekly. My current levels are steady with testosterone at about 760 and free test at about 24.

The only negative side effect I've suffered at this point is that my red blood cell count got very high, to the point where now I have to donate blood about every 2 months to keep my hematocrit levels in a safe range. They told me that my testicles might shrink, but if they have it is such a small difference that neither me or my gf have noticed.

As far as the positive effects, there have been many. I have put on several pounds of muscle mass, and lowered my bodyfat at the same time. The gains aren't crazy good or anything, but compared to other friends my age they are better. My mood is much better. I sleep better. I can eat more foods I enjoy without worrying about my weight. (I probably don't eat as well as I should, but I want to enjoy my life so whatever.) My recovery from both injury and workouts has improved noticeably. My strength has improved decently, and my muscle density is also noticeably better.

My sexual function is much better, similar to being in my early 20s. I can easily perform 3-4 times a day, all with a very solid erection. I look better, I feel better, and find myself being more assertive and enjoying life more. I have tried to talk to my doctor about increasing the dosage, but he won't move me up past the levels that I'm on now. Honestly, I don't really need it, that's just me being greedy. I definitely am happy with my decision.

You should be aware that some people have more side effects, but your doctor should be able to adjust your regimen or offer other medications to counter them. Best of luck with whatever you decide to do. If you want to mssg me with any questions that you feel are too personal for public consumption on this board, feel free to do so.

Honestly, bro. I'm married, kids, was a high performance athlete as a kid, yadda yadda yadda... TRT brings you to normal for whatever your age is, shouldn't be doing anything more than that. This will allow you to stop making excuses for not getting shit done.

It will take a lot of time, and dedication and less complaining if you want to get back doing stuff near the level you used to. And the likely outcome is that you never will. However why not start by setting realistic and measureable goals in the short term and work off of the momentum you get from reaching them?

That is not necessarily true. My doctor has brought me to the "normal" range for a 21 year old, and I was 39 when I started therapy. It all depends on you, your doctor, your relationship with them, and what you two discuss as your goals and optimal path.

No, my reasoning is that getting up in the middle of the night because I am in too much pain to sleep pretty much sucks an entire roomful of dick. When pain compromises many things I do most days to everything I do some days, well, guess what? I have a way around that.

And this improves my quality of life.

Perhaps to you this is vanity, but you do not get to decide what quality of life means to me. I have had the shit pounded out of me for more than four decades, both as an athlete and in the service, and if, through medicine, I can hurt less, feel and perform better and just plain enjoy life more, then so be it.

That is not vanity, that is enjoying the years I have left as much as possible.

Well said. I'm in the same boat. I played football in high school and then (briefly) division 3 in college. After I dropped out, I joined the Army and served for 9 years and really put my body through the grinder. I was medically retired for injuries, and had a lot of nagging physical problems that T has pretty much all cleared up.

I'm open and honest about my therapy, I don't keep it a secret from anyone. Some people (even people that I've known for my whole life) judge me for it, but that's their problem and not mine. I feel great for my age and maintain a high activity level. Anyone who wants to look down on me for it can basically eat a dick as far as I'm concerned. It has nothing to do with them.

Hi TS. I am 40 right now, and I started TRT when I was 39, about 10 months ago. The onset of positive effects was gradual, it took about 4 months or so before I started seeing a significant difference.

They started me on a fairly low dose, 120mg of test cyp weekly. This dose was increased about every 6 weeks after new lab tests. For the past 4 months I've been steady at a dose of 240mg weekly. My current levels are steady with testosterone at about 760 and free test at about 24.

The only negative side effect I've suffered at this point is that my red blood cell count got very high, to the point where now I have to donate blood about every 2 months to keep my hematocrit levels in a safe range. They told me that my testicles might shrink, but if they have it is such a small difference that neither me or my gf have noticed.

As far as the positive effects, there have been many. I have put on several pounds of muscle mass, and lowered my bodyfat at the same time. The gains aren't crazy good or anything, but compared to other friends my age they are better. My mood is much better. I sleep better. I can eat more foods I enjoy without worrying about my weight. (I probably don't eat as well as I should, but I want to enjoy my life so whatever.) My recovery from both injury and workouts has improved noticeably. My strength has improved decently, and my muscle density is also noticeably better.

My sexual function is much better, similar to being in my early 20s. I can easily perform 3-4 times a day, all with a very solid erection. I look better, I feel better, and find myself being more assertive and enjoying life more. I have tried to talk to my doctor about increasing the dosage, but he won't move me up past the levels that I'm on now. Honestly, I don't really need it, that's just me being greedy. I definitely am happy with my decision.

You should be aware that some people have more side effects, but your doctor should be able to adjust your regimen or offer other medications to counter them. Best of luck with whatever you decide to do. If you want to mssg me with any questions that you feel are too personal for public consumption on this board, feel free to do so.

3-4 times a day? Isn't that a little excessive?

3-4 times a day? Isn't that a little excessive?

Depends on what else I have to do that day.

And it's not like it happens every day, just on rare and really good days ;)

Back