Darren Till will beat everyone else at Welterweight.

His only challenge other than the champ is Wonderboy. I'm convinced now more than ever, after his last fight. Neither Usman or Colby can outstrike Till, and don't have the one punch knock out power that T Wood has. Nor the fight IQ. They have the wrestling, but as we saw on Sat night, no amount of wrestling prowess will work when you're fighting a LHW. Till didn't even have to defend that hard. He just planted his feet, and T Wood couldn't do anything. He looked like a little kid holding his dads leg. Darren will be be future champ.
<36>

Yeah with those low hands, plodding forward, relying on his chin to take all those hard shots he can't avoid. That's a strategy for a long and healthy career. Not to mention half-killing yourself for every fight because you walk around at 200 lbs. A real recipe for the future.

The guy's talented, no question. But he's got a nearly impossible road ahead IMO.

Fair enough. I saw he missed weight 2 of his last 5. I think missing weight is behind him though after losing some mass. I just don't think it's worth giving up a top 5 spot at WW for uncertainty at MW.

Uncertainty? IMO he would get fucking destroyed by a ton of guys at MW. Whittaker, Romero, Rockhold, Weidman, Jacare, Gastelum, etc. all wipe the floor with him and there are several prospects and other ranked guys that most likely would beat him too. MW is a murderer's row right now and Till does not match up well with most of those guys at all lol. I'm just picturing what him vs. Whittaker or Romero would look like and it's not pretty...

His only challenge other than the champ is Wonderboy. I'm convinced now more than ever, after his last fight. Neither Usman or Colby can outstrike Till, and don't have the one punch knock out power that T Wood has. Nor the fight IQ. They have the wrestling, but as we saw on Sat night, no amount of wrestling prowess will work when you're fighting a LHW. Till didn't even have to defend that hard. He just planted his feet, and T Wood couldn't do anything. He looked like a little kid holding his dads leg. Darren will be be future champ.

Dude, lay off the bath salts.

Yes. Usman and Wonderboy give him hard fights though.

Colby has no chance if the ref separates them like that lmao.

He was clueless on the ground, but maybe he was just confused, because of many punches.
Usman, Maia, Colby will wrestlefuck him, or choke him out.

They'd have to survive his striking and then also take him down.

Exactly, he scraped past Wonderboy. Which is the only way to beat him. Name someone who destroyed prime Wonderboy.
Brown and IMO Woodley the first fight. Woodley beat the snot out of WB the first fight but couldn't finish him. I'm just saying he's unproven especially against wrestlers.

Uncertainty? IMO he would get fucking destroyed by a ton of guys at MW. Whittaker, Romero, Rockhold, Weidman, Jacare, Gastelum, etc. all wipe the floor with him and there are several prospects and other ranked guys that most likely would beat him too. MW is a murderer's row right now and Till does not match up well with most of those guys at all lol. I'm just picturing what him vs. Whittaker or Romero would look like and it's not pretty...
That's pretty much my point.

Well guess what, the threat of wrestling changes the complexion of the stand-up fight and the fight in general.
We've seen it so often, I can't believe i still need to explain that shit.

People forget that IF Till was more aggressive, he'd be way more open to takedowns. His TDD looked great, but IMO it was only because he was basically focusing only on defending the takedowns and less on throwing strikes of his own. Till showed his toughness and grit by surviving that monster of a GnP after getting dropped, but he has a lot of work to do in the grappling department.

Also, I think he really should move up to MW. I think he'd easily be a top 5 guy pretty fast and, after developing his (grappling) skills more, he could be champ. He is still a young guy and he can only cut to 170 for so long, esp. since he has already had issues cutting now.

till striking looked worse than khabib in the Woodley fight, he didn't do much but the way he got caught with his chin up no defense at all what the hell was he trying to do

That's pretty much my point.

Oh, ok. I thought you meant uncertainty, like there is a possibility that he could do well at MW. I'm not trying to shit on the guy, but MW is crazy right now and i just think he would get destroyed by a lot of guys up there.

I definately believe Till can do what Cejudo did at Flyweight! Just stay at WW Till.

I completely agree with that but I feel the 3 best fighters at MW are rockhold, weidman, and romero.

But they aren't. LOL. Whittaker beat Romero twice. He'd most likely beat Weidman, and certainly beat Rockhold.

Gastelum you could make more of a case for, he may lose to Romero, I think he'd do better in a rematch against Weidman after what he showed against Jacare, but he might still lose. He'd certainly beat Rockhold though, he's in the top 4.

Keep in mind these guys are all a weight class bigger, and Yoel literally since he can't even make 185. These guys are not better fighters.

But they aren't. LOL. Whittaker beat Romero twice. He'd most likely beat Weidman, and certainly beat Rockhold.

Gastelum you could make more of a case for, he may lose to Romero, I think he'd do better in a rematch against Weidman after what he showed against Jacare, but he might still lose. He'd certainly beat Rockhold though, he's in the top 4.

Keep in mind these guys are all a weight class bigger, and Yoel literally since he can't even make 185. These guys are not better fighters.
You think he'd do better in a rematch but the fact is Weidman wrecked him minus a good 2 second knockdown from KG. Rockhold getting beat is not a fact. Your opinion or prediction is not better than the next poster's. Rob won 2 close decisions and was almost finished in the 2nd fight.

You think he'd do better in a rematch but the fact is Weidman wrecked him minus a good 2 second knockdown from KG. Rockhold getting beat is not a fact. Your opinion or prediction is not better than the next poster's. Rob won 2 close decisions and was almost finished in the 2nd fight.

??? The first fight was not close. Robert beat him twice. He's better than 205er Yoel. Get over it.

Kelvin was 25 when he lost to Chris. Only 26 now. He's getting better you idiot. It's very clear to see fight to fight, and I would hardly say he was getting wrecked when he was winning the standing exchanges. His TDD needs to be better when he's facing oversized wrestlers, and so far it's been improving. Has it improved enough? I don't think so, but to completely mitigate the possibility showed you're clueless. He would certainly maul Luke that leaves his chin to the sky. That is fact, and I predict it as such just like I did in the Bisping and Yoel fight. Luke is not a top 3 MW, deal with it.

??? The first fight was not close. Robert beat him twice. He's better than 205er Yoel. Get over it.

Kelvin was 25 when he lost to Chris. Only 26 now. He's getting better you idiot. It's very clear to see fight to fight, and I would hardly say he was getting wrecked when he was winning the standing exchanges. His TDD needs to be better when he's facing oversized wrestlers, and so far it's been improving. Has it improved enough? I don't think so, but to completely mitigate the possibility showed you're clueless. He would certainly maul Luke that leaves his chin to the sky. That is fact, and I predict it as such just like I did in the Bisping and Yoel fight. Luke is not a top 3 MW, deal with it.
Who has KG beaten besides a 3 week removed from a tko/subbed Bisping and a war torn Jacare? I can tell you're an idiot cause you state fight predictions as fact. I'm done with you lol

I'm convinced now more than ever, after his last fight. Neither Usman or Colby can outstrike Till

Screen Shot 2018-09-14 at 4.34.49 PM.png
You're just posting to post. Guy threw 7 strikes, landed 1. He did nothing to convince anyone of anything other than he needs to work on his jiu jitsu.

Back