Darren Till The MuayThai Master

J

Julius_Caesar

Came across this video about this MMA fighter called Darren Till who supposedly is a MuayThai master. Looked him up and he supposedly has a kb record of 44 - 0 and an MMA record of 16 wins and 1 draw. Seem like good records although I cant seem to find any of his kb fights.

The video was uploaded by some YouTuber called MindSmash who I've seen before and he comes across as one of those bro "fight" science self proclaimed gurus. You know one of those guys that try and be too philosophical. He made a few Conor vs Floyd videos over analyzing the match up, ass kissing conor and coming up with some ridiculous theories. He had his head to far up Conors ass and was wrong in so many ways about that fight its hilarious but that's another story.

I'm fed up with these people who try to over complicate fighting. Like the guys who come onto this sub-forum and talk about mixing muaythai with tkd to create the "ultimate stand up fighter" or MMA fans who always try to disrespect muaythai by calling an mma fighter "the best striker in the world" or "muaythai master" just because they had some success in MMA. Even compared Darren Till to Saenchai. But you be the judge. Is he a MuayThai Master.

mindsmash is the worst of these fight analysis channel. Dude tries painfully hard to sound smart.

Last edited:
mindsmash is the worst of these fight analysis channel. Dude tries painfully hard to sound smart.
With that slow paced tone he uses in all of his videos which makes me cringe. Its crazy how many views he gets.

I googled him and it says he was the k1 european champion at the age of 17 and then after that he started mma but nothing about him competing under full muaythai rules. How can he be a muaythai master if he has never fought under full muaythai rules?

Some giys train at a thai gym but can only find k1 style fights. Also Mindsmah is a philosophical genius.

I love how haved a 44-0 KB record and never fought against a single known kickboxer,even a low level one

these are his recorded fights of the muay thai master

gym level events....

i cant stand for MMA or the fans,the guy wins against a high ranked opponents and everyones start a hype train believing he is a semi god who is going to be the best ever.

the description of his videos gave me cancer:

"The greatest muay thai fighter... It's a close call, but it's typically between these two men. Saenchai and Buakaw. Join me as we explore the skills and styles of these two living legends. "

"Samart Payakaroon has been compared to Muhammad Ali, and Bruce Lee, who at the same time was not nearly as in shape as either. What he lacked in physical fitness though, he had light-years over in calm and fight iq. Thank you for joining me as we come to better understand this monster recognized as the greatest Muay Thai fighter of all time."

Well im not trying to be elitist, but MMA is almost always for ignorant people or for who dont know combat sports

I googled him and it says he was the k1 european champion at the age of 17 and then after that he started mma but nothing about him competing under full muaythai rules. How can he be a muaythai master if he has never fought under full muaythai rules?
because not all orgs fight with full rules and even sanctioning bodies like the WMC are ok with letting events be called Muay Thai events when it is modded rules. Like Yodsanklai defending his WMC 160lbs title agianst Artem Levin during a K-1 event in Sweden.

Till is a PhD in muay thai, and the guy who produced this video went to the JRE and did his PhD in UFC commentary, with a specialization in Conor McGregor post-fight interviews.

1:30 to 2:10 is a great example of his expertise in the area.

Oh God I was just listening to Rogan talk about how "Muay Thai" commentator Vinnie Shoreman was hyping this guy's skills to him. Why cant people grasp that Muay Thai and Kickboxing aren't the same? And when they start talking about "undefeated champion" shit I just have to roll my eyes.

I'm sure the guy has skill but I'm pretty sure all of us hardcore fans would know who he was if he was such a top caliber fighter. Who has he even fought?

Oh God I was just listening to Rogan talk about how "Muay Thai" commentator Vinnie Shoreman was hyping this guy's skills to him. Why cant people grasp that Muay Thai and Kickboxing aren't the same? And when they start talking about "undefeated champion" shit I just have to roll my eyes.

I'm sure the guy has skill but I'm pretty sure all of us hardcore fans would know who he was if he was such a top caliber fighter. Who has he even fought?
no one,same for stephen Thompson,Cerrone,Edson Barboza and all the other "kickboxing-MT masters" on MMA

You guys don't have the IQ to understand the nuances of MindSmash's videos.

There is a million of these people on instagram. I follow a few of them for kicks. Garage gym heros who upload heavybag videos while wearing headgear, and sparring teenage kids.

I think his Muay Thai "credentials" got blown out of proportion by this mindsmash fella.

All that he has ever said in interviews was that he used to compete in the british Muay Thai scene and switched to MMA because of the money.

That being said, till definitely knows what he's doing compared to the rest of the strikers in his division, Wonderboy maybe excluded.

I think his Muay Thai "credentials" got blown out of proportion by this mindsmash fella.

All that he has ever said in interviews was that he used to compete in the british Muay Thai scene and switched to MMA because of the money.

That being said, till definitely knows what he's doing compared to the rest of the strikers in his division, Wonderboy maybe excluded.
Yeah this thread wasn't made to shit on Dill. He seems like a decent mma fighter and hes British like me. Its people like mindsmash in the fight world which really annoy me.

I wonder how he got banned.

I fail to see where Saenchai and Till styles are similar...

I fail to see where Saenchai and Till styles are similar...
Philosophically they are. Both have clearly read Bruce Lee carefully: "Keep what works and throw out what's useless". They've moved beyond the traditional muay thai stand and bang paradigm by being open to new ideas incorporating the best insights from other martial arts. They epitomize what martial arts is supposed to be about: self discovery, perpetual evolution and fluidity of motion.

Back