Darren Till landed more shots. Why is there controversy?

When a fight is that close, the fighter who gets the knock down at the end.....deserves to win the fight. The better fighter won. We can argue all we want with if a jab should be worth more than a leg kick, but one thing you cant argue with is a knock down. That round alone should have been 10-8.

Ya.... Lets forgot about the first 4 rounds Wonderboy won... Knockdown in round 5 wins the entire fight!
tenor.gif

ps Did anderson silva beat bisping? No... Not unless he was the home fighter like Till was.

Good thing this is MMA and not boxing then. The thigh kick that buckled Wonderboy >>>>> anything Wonderboy hit him with.

Lol it's machida v shogun 1 debate all over again

Right man won. It would been huge robbery to give fight for Thompson.

Lol these kids probley don't watch the fights anymore, just look for strike numbers they found on some random website.
That's because it takes PATIENCE to watch a 25-minute technical standup fight. Takes only a minute to Google some stats and claim your boy won.

Also, the guy with "Muay Thai" in his name is backing the MT guy vs the Karate guy, anyone surprised?

Fight was boring...after Till missed weight seemed like there was a gentleman's agreement for a 25 min sparring session...oh and Till needs to move to Middleweight and fight someone his own size

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bl...stephen-thompson-official-scorecards-mma-news

If somebody can embed the pic in here of the sig strikes landed from fightmetrics or ufc’s website that would be great.

Let’s just start with I really enjoyed watching that chess game. Certainly more entertaining than Wonderboy/Woodley’s second fight. But I keep hearing “Thompson outlanded him it was a robbery”. Both men missed a lot bc of great defense and mutual respect and only 126 attempts were made by both men but the stats have it 38-30 Till outlanding in sig strikes. On top of that, Till got the knockdown in round 5, and octagon control as Wonderboy was on his bike at times even running.

So will Chiesa apologize bc he’s obviously wrong? Unless he thinks Dana paid fightmetrics a large sum of money to rig the striking numbers (tinfoil hat sherdog status) to raise Till’s stock. I personally had Till winning round 2, 4, and 5. A draw would have been alright too. That being said, he DEFINITELY did not win 4 rounds of that fight like 2 judges said, that’s some hometown shit. But I don’t see how Wonderboy won that fight.

"Let’s just start with I really enjoyed watching that chess game"

I watch the PPV fights with a group of buddies. We all watched this free fight separate and everyone thought the fight sucked - one of the worst fights of 2018. There was no chess match, just two guys afraid to engage. I thought Wonderboy won, if you want to consider it a win. He did slightly more than Till.

If you liked this fight you should check out Woodley vs. Maia....a real barn burner.

Last edited:
"Let’s just start with I really enjoyed watching that chess game"

I watch the PPV fights with a group of buddies. We all watched this free fight separate and everyone thought the fight sucked - one of the worst fights of 2018. There was no chess match, just two guys afraid to engage. I thought Wonderboy won, if you want to consider it a win. He did slightly more than Till.

If you liked this fight you should check out Woodley vs. Maia....a real barn burner.
Fight was nothing like Woodley Maia. These guys were trying.

Woodley hasn't tried in his last three fights minimum

I had enough of this 'Wonderhype'. The guy is just another boring point fighter

I love how some people on here never even consider that "significant strikes" can be an extremely subjective statistic in the way they are counted what actually qualifies as significant. Or as if there aren't degrees of significance in strikes that are landed.

Long way of saying that stat isn't accurate in the sense that a jab that barely touches the nose counts as a significant strike, but a hard counter straight that knocks the head back counts exactly the same. See the problem?

Back