Darren Till is going to get wrecked at middleweight

The Witcher

відродитися
@Silver
Reaction score
His best win at welterweight, a weight in which the cut was brutal and he had a significant size advantage over everyone, was a slow paced standoff with wonderboy, a fight that really could have went either way.

Affer that his best win is over cowboy, a lightweight/welter hardly in the prime of his career. Till looked every bit 2 weightclasses bigger.

Yet the commentary remained, 'future champion!'... 'till is a monster!'...

Then ran into woodley and got soundly beaten. His move up to middleweight was announced shortly after.

I dont see Till ever as champion. This false commentary before always baffled me, he is too big for welter and has very little power. Can anyone explain to me how he beats

Romero
Jacare
Costa
Brunson
Rockhold
Weidman
Gastelum
Adesnaya
Whittaker

Till will have little size advantage with hardly any power, and i reckon he gets waxed by everyone of them.

Feel free to discuss/disagree etc

And zero ground game, pathetic really.

Costa would beat the living piss out of Till, not to mention all the great wrestlers at that weight that would fuck him up.

Dudes going to be able to actually bulk up and fill out his frame and have more power and help him out not having to cut that weight... dudes so young and gotten this far he’s got lots to keep on gettin better...y’all talk crap bout his ground game but he was stuffin the TD attempts from Woodley... he was so rocked I can’t believe he almost lasted that whole round with the brutal gnp Woodley was doin to him

Hes officially moving up? I shit on him for being a dbag killing himself to make 170 but 185 is full of guys that will murk him

Damn, karmas a bitch i guess

You don't know that. Not having to cut a vast amount of weight will only help him perform better and he's still young and won't be matched up with killers just yet.

I thought Kelvin would get smashed at Middleweight as well. I also thought Whittaker would get destroyed at Middleweight. We saw how that turned out for both of them. I think he'll do great.

You said it yourself, a brutal weight cut. He may surprise you when he isn't as drained. Same thing with Rumble. Rumble was a journeyman at best at WW, who would have thought he'd be a world beater at LHW and have success at HW too.

You don't know that. Not having to cut a vast amount of weight will only help him perform better and he's still young and won't be matched up with killers just yet.
Im confident in my prediction. Doesnt have the power or grappling to compete with the animals up there.

Agreed, his size advantage was his biggest asset but without that he is very average. Still young I guess but don't see him making much of an impact in the near futute

You said it yourself, a brutal weight cut. He may surprise you when he isn't as drained. Same thing with Rumble. Rumble was a journeyman at best at WW, who would have thought he'd be a world beater at LHW and have success at HW too.
Only difference is rumble brutally knocked people put at welter like at every weight he fought. Till doesnt have that accolade.

Honestly I think it has less to do with him as a fighter and more to do with the fact that I think between 170-265 the middle weight division is by a country mile the most competitive and full of talent in my opinion. People have been leaving that division as a top 25 guy, and moving to other divisions and are instantly top 10-15. It’s just super deep.

Runson? Really dude?
GratefulEquatorialAfricanelephant-size_restricted.gif

He massively overrated. He'll be a very average MW. There's a reason he was so reluctant to move to MW. He badly wanted the title at 170 so he could demand a crack at the 185 title for life-changing money. That plan has been truly scuppered--now he's in serious danger of his career going off the edge of a cliff.

Till > Wonderboy > Whittaker. Therefore Till will be middleweight champion

All jokes aside, I'm planning on waiting to see his fight at middleweight before making a sound judgement. One's performance in one weight class shouldn't be used to judge their performance in another. Seriously, I did not see Whittaker become middleweight champ when he announced that he was moving up from 170.

Now early predictions, I personally don't see him becoming top 10. Maybe top 15. Like maybe he beats Brad Tavares or something. But I've been wrong plenty of times before.

He's 25, why are people counting him out already?

He drew with Wonderboy, who's elite at WW, yes he got starched by Woodley, everyone has. Cain got starched by JDS, GSP got starched by Hughes(subbed him in under a round), the list goes on.

He will continue to get better and is already a good striker, wait until he's a bit further along before we write him off completely.

Don't be a hater and don't be too quick to write a fighter off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back