Darren Till Claims He Can Beat Anthony Joshua In A Fight

A very bold claim. How does sherdog figure he accomplishes this? Shannon Briggs ate 5 clean leg kicks in his K1 fight before knocking out his opponent. He later told Joe Rogan on his podcast that he couldn't have taken another.

Till thinks he can dive for a single leg and I guess transition to full mount before locking in a sub or laying some fierce gnp.

Joshua is 6'6, 240ish lbs, very athletic. Not to mention Heavyweight Champion of the world. Far from your average can at the local gym.

Anthony-Joshua-012.jpg

So? Who wins on the street?

Get Joshua off that UKAD protection program and under the same USADA schedule Till is on... Darren fucks him up not only on the street but in a pure stand up match. DEFINITELY under MMA rules.

Holy fuck, we are not talking about those scrubs that Royce "manhandled" back at UFC 1 that had no idea what BJJ was that were going up against a world class BJJ black belt.. We are talking about Anthony Joshua and Darren Till. Not only is Anthony Joshua way more gifted athletically than all of Royce's opponents at that time, Darren Till is absolutely nowhere near Royce in regards to his grappling. The fuck makes you think that's a good comparison?

As for DJ vs Ward, DJ does not weigh 125lbs as his walk around weight and if we are talking about their weigh in day weights Anthony Joshua has over a 70lb advantage over Till, not 40. DJ is also a more complete fighter than Till with more renowned grappling giving him a better skillset to handle bigger guys. So again, another shitty comparison.

Joshua is 270lbs? How the hell does Joshua have a 70lb advantage? Till is 200lbs, not 170. Royce didn't grapple fuck scrubs, he defeated Ken Shamrock, who's as jacked as Joshua.

Watch & learn loser, 160lb man choking out a 240lb man with ease. Till would do whatever the hell he wants with Joshua. I love how you act as if Joshua is some athletic freak, dude is slow as fuark compared to heavyweights of the past like Tyson. Joshua wouldn't even pass the USADA test muchless to step in the cage with Till.

I'd put $ on Joe Rogan being able to beat Joshua in an mma or street fight & Rogan is a freaking commentator hahhah.

Lol @ thinking weight is the only thing that matters in regards to size and suggesting someone on Sherdog challenging a collegiate wrestler is the same ballpark as Till challenging AJ

It would take fucking YEARS for Till to become anywhere near the same size as AJ while retaining the same level of muscle and athleticism.

And fucking LMAO at suggesting "it's only 40 pounds." It isn't just 40lbs. It's 40 more lbs of calculated muscle. You've clearly never felt a weight disadvantage in your life, which means you're either 6'5 270lbs and cut as fuck or you're a skinnyfat dweeb who beats up his childhood stuffed animals and calls it training. I'll assume the latter.

Get off your computer.
till wouldn't have to gain any size to outwrestle joshua right now

joshua never wrestled in his life, being stronger wont help you stuff a takedown vs a much more skilled guy than you

how do you explain gsp outwrestling george laraque while laraque had 90 pounds on him?

ofc gsp is a much better wrestler than still but 90 is more than the double of 40

you are the one that never played any sport in your life and think size is everything

joshua never wrestled in his life, being stronger wont help you stuff a takedown vs a much more skilled guy than you

how do you explain gsp outwrestling george laraque while laraque had 90 pounds on him?

ofc gsp is a much better wrestler than still but 90 is more than the double of 40

you are the one that never played any sport in your life and think size is everything

I just watched that GSP video and that was probably one of the worst examples you can give. It took George damn near 30 seconds to drive for that double. Stand in front of AJ for 30 seconds and you're getting stiffened. Even 10 is too much. Also Laraque almost stuffs that second takedown with brute force.

If all you got from my posts is that you think I'm saying size is everything, you aren't reading them and aren't worth replying to.

Joshua is 270lbs? How the hell does Joshua have a 70lb advantage? Till is 200lbs, not 170. Royce didn't grapple fuck scrubs, he defeated Ken Shamrock, who's as jacked as Joshua.

Watch & learn loser, 160lb man choking out a 240lb man with ease. Till would do whatever the hell he wants with Joshua. I love how you act as if Joshua is some athletic freak, dude is slow as fuark compared to heavyweights of the past like Tyson. Joshua wouldn't even pass the USADA test muchless to step in the cage with Till.

I'd put $ on Joe Rogan being able to beat Joshua in an mma or street fight & Rogan is a freaking commentator hahhah.

Royce used a gi choke like a weirdo to tap Shamrock. In the rematch Royce held on for dear life and got smashed.

hqdefault.jpg

<{cruzshake}> don't get me started on the cracked huevos in the 3rd fight.

A very bold claim. How does sherdog figure he accomplishes this? Shannon Briggs ate 5 clean leg kicks in his K1 fight before knocking out his opponent. He later told Joe Rogan on his podcast that he couldn't have taken another.

Till thinks he can dive for a single leg and I guess transition to full mount before locking in a sub or laying some fierce gnp.

Joshua is 6'6, 240ish lbs, very athletic. Not to mention Heavyweight Champion of the world. Far from your average can at the local gym.

Anthony-Joshua-012.jpg

So? Who wins on the street?

LETS GO CHAMP

I just watched that GSP video and that was probably one of the worst examples you can give. It took George damn near 30 seconds to drive for that double. Stand in front of AJ for 30 seconds and you're getting stiffened. Even 10 is too much. Also Laraque almost stuffs that second takedown with brute force.

Laraque is in a wrestling stance. Joshua would likely be in a boxing stance with his feet wiiiiide apart - if he was in a wrestling stance, he wouldn't be able to punch and lose his only advantage. Look at Shamrock vs Royce further up in the thread. Till isn't at the same BJJ level as Royce, but Joshua is probably much worse at grappling than Shamrock was at that point (Shamrock was a highschool wrestler and had several submission wins on his record when he fought Royce).

inb4 people exaggerate how much training t3h mma would effect the outcome of this

quick spoiler: just because one is an mma fighter does not mean he can take someone who is not an mma fighter down at will or submit them with ease

joshua would fuck Till up.
.... Umm, that's EXACTLY what it means. Even your low tier UFC fighters have the wrestling and jiu jitsu chops to completely rape a guy who isn't specifically trained in those areas. Step into a gym and see how quick even the weakest pros take you down and crush you.

Spoiler alert: pretty much instantaneously.

lmao, joshua is only 40 pounds bigger

40 pounds is not enough to stop a take down if you have no ideas what you are doing

trying to go wrestle a collegiate wrestler 40 pounds lighter than you, i guarantee you ,you lose if you never wrestled before
Dude what?

We are talking about Anthony Joshua...

Not Sherbros like you

Yes of course most average random people would lose to a college wrestler smaller than them, Anthony Joshua is not most people. He is either the best or second best heavyweight fucking boxer in the world.

.... Umm, that's EXACTLY what it means. Even your low tier UFC fighters have the wrestling and jiu jitsu chops to completely rape a guy who isn't specifically trained in those areas. Step into a gym and see how quick even the weakest pros take you down and crush you.

Spoiler alert: pretty much instantaneously.
Yeah maybe “a guy”

Anthony Hoshua isn’t just “ a guy” he is a fucking beast.

How much wrestling do you think Francis Ngannou trains? Do you think he would get easily taken down by a welterweight? Anthony Joshua is bigger and stronger than Francis.

A lot of people on here clearly just don’t like/watch boxing and don’t know what the fuck they are talking about.

All these people on here acting like stopping a takedown is some sacred art that must be learned from a sensei over years of dedication.

Anthony Joshua is on a different physical level than anyone we have ever seen in HW mma.

Just because old ass shot James Toney got taken down and was clueless doesn’t mean a young Anthony Joshua would have the same results.

Where has this mythical killer beast Till come from ? The guy has one average win over an old Cerrone who is extremely small at ww.

It's funny how all the die hard 'Till would kill him' crowd also like to add in 'unless AJ clips him early'. I don;t think you guys realise how likely this scenario is, that a world hw champ, with fast hands and a reach advantage, would clip till right off the bat.

inb4 people exaggerate how much training t3h mma would effect the outcome of this

quick spoiler: just because one is an mma fighter does not mean he can take someone who is not an mma fighter down at will or submit them with ease

joshua would fuck Till up.

Thats exactly what it means.

he would grapple him to sleep im sure, rnc within 30 seconds

You do realize Middleweight in boxing is only from 154 to like 160? Till is about 40lbs heavier than that...

The poster you quoted was mistaken. Froch wasn't a MW.

He was a career Super Middleweight (168 lbs.). He was also large for the weight class and cut a decent amount of weight.

Froch is actually comparable in size to MMA Welterweights. He's taller than Till and has a longer wingspan.

Here's Froch next to Dan Hardy, who has roughly the same physical dimensions as Till.

YUAndpMCbXk_9hvX4xMDoxOjBzMTt2bJ

Joshua is fucking massive.

Last edited:
Joshua is robotic as hell. Till probably single legs him. Wilder is a much better example because he controls distance better and would probably genuinely kill Till with a right hand to the chin. Keep in mind Till would be coming into the punch with his own momentum also.

Back