Darren Till Claims He Can Beat Anthony Joshua In A Fight

Joshua would rag doll him then knock him out. He is far too strong and fast for till

inb4 people exaggerate how much training t3h mma would effect the outcome of this

quick spoiler: just because one is an mma fighter does not mean he can take someone who is not an mma fighter down at will or submit them with ease

joshua would fuck Till up.

Google Ali v. Inoki.

The greatest heavyweight boxer in the world was unable to do anything to a professional wrestler in a specialized match where Inoki wasn't even allowed to grapple or kick while standing up.

Lol @ thinking weight is the only thing that matters in regards to size and suggesting someone on Sherdog challenging a collegiate wrestler is the same ballpark as Till challenging AJ

It would take fucking YEARS for Till to become anywhere near the same size as AJ while retaining the same level of muscle and athleticism.

And fucking LMAO at suggesting "it's only 40 pounds." It isn't just 40lbs. It's 40 more lbs of calculated muscle. You've clearly never felt a weight disadvantage in your life, which means you're either 6'5 270lbs and cut as fuck or you're a skinnyfat dweeb who beats up his childhood stuffed animals and calls it training. I'll assume the latter.

Get off your computer.
All bullshit aside, and I know Joshua is a physical freak to say the least, but have you ever seen a guy with no wrestling or MMA background fight someone who does have that background? Ive seen it happen with actual decent boxers because the gym I was at had both. The takedown is so easy for a guy on Till's level that's it's hard to explain. Joshua has no concept of how to stop a takedown. This fight would be a mismatch in Till's favor.

If you don't believe you don't achieve... I don't give a f*k what he thinks he can do to Joshua, as long as he KTFO of Wonderbread I'm good....

I can’t believe some ppl are picking Anthony Joshua. AJ is a boxer who doesn’t know how to block low kicks, stuff takedowns or stop submissions. He’ll get killed!
Remember Roger Huerta and that football player who was way over 230 lbs? Roger just took him down and kick in the face. The End

people itt are the audience for the "deadliest warrior" <45>

.....I know because I used to watch it :cool:

all the people picking Till here are either paid Dana shills or literal retards. Not sure which is worse.

He's free to believe whatever the fuck he wants. Lucky for him he will never have to prove it.

Didn’t know Anthony Joshua knew how to wrestle. Good to know
He doesn't need to, he would KTFO Till shooting in with a low uppercut.

...just like people said Floyd would do to Ronda (when people thought Ronda could shoot) despite that kind of TD counter KO never happening even from people who train to defend TDs. :D

As he stated in the interview he started in Boxing, he knows what hes talking about. I would like to see it to believe it though.

I can’t believe some ppl are picking Anthony Joshua. AJ is a boxer who doesn’t know how to block low kicks, stuff takedowns or stop submissions. He’ll get killed!
Remember Roger Huerta and that football player who was way over 230 lbs? Roger just took him down and kick in the face. The End
No

Because some random football player is the equivalent to one of the best boxers on the planet.

Till would get hit, that's an absolute given. And when he gets hit it would pretty much be a matter of time before he's done. Let's not act like till is a world class grappler.

Lol, we are 24 years into UFC 1 and the fanbase still hasn't evolved one bit... People still can't wrap their heads around the fact that skill is far more important than size.

When they see a bigger opponent they are like "But... Look at him..."

Till wins in a no rules fight. Easily

No

Because some random football player is the equivalent to one of the best boxers on the planet.

Till would get hit, that's an absolute given. And when he gets hit it would pretty much be a matter of time before he's done. Let's not act like till is a world class grappler.
I brought up the football player bc ppl are bringing up height and speed as if that would help a person with 0 wrestling, BJJ, kickboxing background.

If boxers are superior to MMA fighters, why don’t we see more pure boxers coming to MMA? And please don’t talk about pay bc per capital, boxers are paid less

Edit: Size and Speed*

I brought up the football player bc ppl are bringing up height and speed as if that would help a person with 0 wrestling, BJJ, kickboxing background.

If boxers are superior to MMA fighters, why don’t we see more pure boxers coming to MMA? And please don’t talk about pay bc per capital, boxers are paid less
Doing bring up pay? Go look how much Anthony Joshua makes per fight and you'll understand why he doesn't fight in mma. We're not talking about boxing vs mma, we're talking about the heavyweight champion in boxing vs darren till who's only beaten an old cerrone and is primarily a stand up fighter.

I'm not saying boxing is superior, I'm saying till would lose. If we're talking about stipe vs Joshua i would take stipe all day but that's not the situation.

All bullshit aside, and I know Joshua is a physical freak to say the least, but have you ever seen a guy with no wrestling or MMA background fight someone who does have that background? Ive seen it happen with actual decent boxers because the gym I was at had both. The takedown is so easy for a guy on Till's level that's it's hard to explain. Joshua has no concept of how to stop a takedown. This fight would be a mismatch in Till's favor.

I'd say this is a misunderstanding of how boxers train and how that could translate to success in defending takedowns despite not having any grappling training when paired with a massive size and athleticism advantage.

Think about AJ's athleticism compared to Till's; Till is not exploding for a double leg on this dude. He doesn't have the explosiveness or even really the skill to do it. It's single leg or some sort of clinch, but boxers train in the clinch too so its not like Till would be able to overwhelm him there. Boxers are constantly training footwork and balance. It's as though people think that because boxers don't train wrestling that there's no carry-overs between the two sports. If they were of equal size and strength, or even if Till was know for being an explosive wrestler, it would be Till all day. But a HW boxer has a lot of training that would translate, when paired with the massive size and athleticism advantage, to AJ fucking Till up.

We aren't talking about a decent boxing athlete nor are we talking about a guy with extremely good grappling. It's dishonest to say he has no concept of how to stop a takedown and it's also dishonest to pretend like the advantages AJ has over Till based on his strength, size, athleticism, and boxing training would be washed away because Till drills some wrestling in between everything else he does in MMA training. Till is not a decorated grappler.

LMFAO at the dumb poster saying dillashaw kicks Anthony joshua's ass

Back