Darren Till Claims He Can Beat Anthony Joshua In A Fight

Till is getting very delusional after beating Cowboy. In mma obviously Till can beat joshua but in boxing it's the other way around.

If they fought today, no training camp, Till takes out Joshua legs with 1 leg kick. You're overestimating the effectiveness of boxing & the skills of boxers. Boxing isn't fighting, i'd put my $ on even 135lb fighters over hw boxers. TJ Dillashaw beats Anthony Joshua right now if they fought & it's not even close.
Just for reference, here's AJ next to a former middleweight boxer in Carl Froch.

joshua-froch.jpg

Just for reference, here's AJ next to a former middleweight boxer in Carl Froch.

joshua-froch.jpg
In Sherdog that doesnt matter, a 60 pounds lighter, mediocre fighter is gonna destroy that monster in under 1 minute, i still remembering how McGregor was gonna to KO Mayweather easily

He's 6'0 according to ufc.com

Man this girls can tap guys meme is largely a myth. Those guys they're tapping are not trying because obvious reasons. For instance that same inexperienced muscular guy was probably giving 100% effort in his previous roll with the male he was competing against, and then cut that down to 50% when going against the girl and then she's ripping full effort and locks in a sub. That's my personal take after watching this for years. I've never seen a male using his full strength and speed get submitted by a girl. The power discrepancy is too much.

I will give you that, no matter how good the girl is...there still leaves the question on what would happen if the male truly wanted to go 100%

It's a pretty simple win for Till

And I'm one of the biggest proponents of boxing in the UFC discussion

You do realize Middleweight in boxing is only from 154 to like 160? Till is about 40lbs heavier than that...

froch was a super middleweight which is 168, boxers don't cut as much weight as mma guys but most still cut a decent amount. You're trying to make till bigger then he actually is

You do realize Middleweight in boxing is only from 154 to like 160? Till is about 40lbs heavier than that...
Yes I am aware. It's still an appropriate response. AJ outweighs Till by 50+ lbs and Dillashaw by 100+ lbs.

What's so hard to believe in his statement? Joshua is 240lbs at 6'4 & only has hands, Till trains everything & is 6feet tall at 200lbs. 40lbs is absolutely nothing when the other guy has no skills. I think people who think Joshua would win needs to go & join an mma gym just for a week, go grapple with a wrestler or a bjj guy & feel the huge difference, weight only matters when both guys are skilled.
Size differences also start to matter less once guys get around 200 lbs

If they aren’t trained to grapple than yes they would. Obviously.

That isn't a garauntee in the real world. Athleticism and strength alone can trump years of "MMA training" especially when that training certainly isn't focused around taking down HW, world class boxers. Training MMA does not make you a world class wrestler even if you make it to the UFC. And unless you have top tier wrestling, there is no guarantee you will use it effectively against someone with a massive size and strength advantage.

Last edited:
lmao, joshua is only 40 pounds bigger

40 pounds is not enough to stop a take down if you have no ideas what you are doing

trying to go wrestle a collegiate wrestler 40 pounds lighter than you, i guarantee you ,you lose if you never wrestled before

Lol @ thinking weight is the only thing that matters in regards to size and suggesting someone on Sherdog challenging a collegiate wrestler is the same ballpark as Till challenging AJ

It would take fucking YEARS for Till to become anywhere near the same size as AJ while retaining the same level of muscle and athleticism.

And fucking LMAO at suggesting "it's only 40 pounds." It isn't just 40lbs. It's 40 more lbs of calculated muscle. You've clearly never felt a weight disadvantage in your life, which means you're either 6'5 270lbs and cut as fuck or you're a skinnyfat dweeb who beats up his childhood stuffed animals and calls it training. I'll assume the latter.

Get off your computer.

Last edited:
Lol @ thinking weight is the only thing that matters in regards to size and suggesting someone on Sherdog challenging a collegiate wrestler is the same ballpark as Till challenging AJ

It would take fucking YEARS for Till to become anywhere near the same size as AJ while retaining the same level of muscle and athleticism.

And fucking LMAO at suggesting "it's only 40 pounds." It isn't just 40lbs. It's 40 more lbs of calculated muscle. You've clearly never felt a weight disadvantage in your life, which means you're either 6'5 270lbs and cut as fuck or you're a skinnyfat dweeb who beats up his childhood stuffed animals and calls it training. I'll assume the latter.

Get off your computer.
Well said. I agree.

lol i doubt he takes an MMA fight with Anthony Joshua if it was offered

And fucking LMAO at suggesting "it's only 40 pounds." It isn't just 40lbs. It's 40lbs of calculated muscle meant to optimize AJ's conditioning as the best HW boxer in the world. You've clearly never felt a weight disadvantage in your life, which means you're either 6'5 270lbs and cut as fuck or you're a skinnyfat dweeb who beats up his childhood stuffed animals and calls it training. I'll assume the latter.

Get off your computer.

Go to an mma gym tomorrow, please. Go grapple with someone 50lbs lighter than you that is even a blue belt, you will get man handled very very badly.

DJ is a 125lb fighter, you think Andre Ward who's a 175lb fighter & 50lbs bigger is even in the slightest competitive vs DJ? You sherdoggers have no clue, go back to UFC 1 & look at Royce man handling 240lb men at 160lbs & making it look easy.

Go to an mma gym tomorrow, please. Go grapple with someone 50lbs lighter than you that is even a blue belt, you will get man handled very very badly.

DJ is a 125lb fighter, you think Andre Ward who's a 175lb fighter & 50lbs bigger is even in the slightest competitive vs DJ? You sherdoggers have no clue, go back to UFC 1 & look at Royce man handling 240lb men at 160lbs & making it look easy.

You're changing the conditions too much trying to make your point.

1. You're referencing Joe Blow and not Anthony Joshua the Heavyweight champion Olympic athlete

2. This is a fight scenario and not controlled grapple sparring. In your hypothetical gym scenario it's a noob wrestling a man 50lbs smaller. Yes of course the smaller man will get him down. Now re run this scenario with Andre Ward backing up and throwing bombs at little DJ's head and it can easily turn out differently. It's not as guaranteed as you seem to believe.

Have you ever shot take downs on actual boxers? I have and they are surprisingly good at backing up. These were playful scenarios of course but I was able to see the distance control in action.

He's 6'0 according to ufc.com

Man this girls can tap guys meme is largely a myth. Those guys they're tapping are not trying because obvious reasons. For instance that same inexperienced muscular guy was probably giving 100% effort in his previous roll with the male he was competing against, and then cut that down to 50% when going against the girl and then she's ripping full effort and locks in a sub. That's my personal take after watching this for years. I've never seen a male using his full strength and speed get submitted by a girl. The power discrepancy is too much.
I'm 6'9 315 lbs and I've been tapped by 4'8 80 lb pigtailed girls while using all of my roid strength to try and power out.

;)

its a non issue , english is not darrens first language no worries

Back