Darren Till actually cheated at the Weigh-In

wow, it is pretty fucking lame to miss weight(again) after bragging about how you are too big to be in the weightclass you compete in

Yeah it might do something. He did it for a reason.
Or maybe he thought it did something? You can clearly see the number of people here who think that. Why should we assume Till is any smarter?

Yes your weight will fluctuate if you are moving. But once you are still, whether it's on your tippy toes, or one leg, or on your head, the scale will stabilize and they will all show the same reading. Because the scale measures weight, not pressure.

People are citing F=ma without understanding that 'a' is for acceleration, and once you are still, a=0 (or a=g=9.8, which is accounted for in the measurement).

Gravity doesn't work like that.

Gravity doesn't work like that.
Bro this is Sherdog. Apparently if you look up your weight reduces.

Imagine if Till learnt to stand like a ballerina, he could fight for the FLW title.

Do you even weight distribution?

Have you ever stepped on a scale to see how fickle they are?
Are you saying scale will give a higher reading if you sit down on it, or are on your hands and feet, versus standing on one foot?

You are correct but there are little subtle ways you can direct you weight to change it( for a brief moment only maybe)
Yes but the weight needs to stabilize before they decide on a reading. It's not like they decide on the lowest reading while the person is on the scale.

it didn't make a difference but he tried it, because he knew it could work. He had a good part of the foot out, it wasn't accidental
He tried to cheat, cause he knew it could work

WAR WONDERBOY now more than ever!

tumblr_nm4es2QoIb1s80fhyo1_500.gif
Or Till is as dumb as people who think he succeeded in cheating. I can't believe people actually think it worked.

Bro this is Sherdog. Apparently if you look up your weight reduces.

Imagine if Till learnt to stand like a ballerina, he could fight for the FLW title.
If he takes a deep breath and blows it up into the air while on the scale, he'd be a HW. :)

I have a digital scale that factors in height and stuff and I just weighed in with till toes and then I weighed standing on one leg and then with both, all three results were virtually identical.
This. Scales measure weight, not pressure.

not sure if theres a thread about it, couldnt see 1 on the front page but yea look at his left foot

Edit: just tried it myself and weighed 1.2 lbs lighter ...

You sir are a absolute dolt...

Never go full.

Yes it works, ON A SHITTY BATHROOM SCALE. Not on a fucking thousand dollar scale

That's what I was thinking.

Obviously, it does not change how much Till weighs. (after all, how he balances has no impact on Earth's gravitational pull on him)

However, how he stands/balances himself may change how the scale reads what he weighs.
It will momentarily as he adjusts his position, but then as he stops moving, it will show his actual weight. And I'm assuming the commission, like every sensible person who measures weight, waits for the scale to stabilize before recording weight. It's not like they pick the lowest number.

This is blatantly trying to manipulate the weighing scales.

This should be looked into by the commsion.

How'd they not pick up on that?

Most AC's (not sure who regulates in the UK) are usually a mess when it comes to weigh-ins or regulations, NY allowed DC to cheat, then they were banning Pearl Gonzalez because of her implants, but Miesha fought there before and she has them as well, then in Bellator they didnt allowed one chick to strip based on the argument that she didnt "looked right", but the fight still went on, the only thing NY has right is the 7lbs difference rule to cancel a fight.

California AC tho, the guy i have seen doing the weigh-ins doesnt miss stuff like this, he makes sure the fighter isnt moving or touching anything while on the scale.

You may be able to swing half a lbs on a more expensive scale by doing that but it'd be hard to get better results than that

It will momentarily as he adjusts his position, but then as he stops moving, it will show his actual weight. And I'm assuming the commission, like every sensible person who measures weight, waits for the scale to stabilize before recording weight. It's not like they pick the lowest number.

Why doesn't the commission simply say what every high school wrestling coach says when a kid weighs in :

"Stand in the center of the scale and put your arms to your side?"

Back