Darren Elkins titleshot

I like Elkins.

Big fan.

But he's a gatekeeper. He got lucky against Bektic, 9/10 times he gets pulverized.

I don't think he's got anything to offer the top 5 in the division.

Again, I'm a fan of Elkins, no disrespect to the guy...I like watching him fight.

I don't know. Bektic and Bermudez are the gatekeepers now, since Elkins beat them.

Do you see this guy as champ?

yBdcx2n.jpg
{<jordan}

I don't know. Bektic and Bermudez are the gatekeepers now, since Elkins beat them.

Bektic is no gatekeeper .

He was pure dominating Elkins and made a mistake in the 3rd and it cost him.

He wins that fight 9 / 10 times.

Bermudez is a gatekeeper

Bermudez is a gatekeeper

Looked like Elkins outpaced Bektic to me, but Bektic probably would beat him if they fought again. Elkins has made improvements, though.

Depends on HOW he beats MJ. Still, probably a couple wins away from a title shot.

Would need to win at least two more imo. If he beats Johnson, then a fight against Emmett next would be fine with me. Or you could give him Aldo and that be cool with me also.
Elkins and Emmett are training partners..

Bermudez is a gatekeeper
I agree, and Bermudez was on a 7 fight win streak yet still couldn't get a title shot. Heh, what chance do you think Elkins has?

It would be cool to see, but IMO it'd be like giving Shields or Fitch a shot back in the day. They aren't going to do it unless he beats all the other contenders. But he'll lose before that happens.

Are they? Damn, so many fighters these days, gotta step my game up.
Yeah.. Emmett said as of now, only 5 guys he won't fight at 45 and 55 he won't fight, but will take on anyone else.. Mendes, Elkins, Fili, Guida and Nate.. being he trains with all of them (Diaz Academy and TAM cross train together.. since the Fairtex SF days in the early 2000s). Elkins would be the only one he would have to avoid until Mendes comes back, as Fili isn't seeing a title shot anytime soon, Guida and Nate are at 55 and Emmett said he's home at 45.

Back