Darksiders 3

CaulderBorn

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
[YT]

Super Psyched for this to come out, thought the franchise was dead with the lose of nordic. I wonder how this will play out with new ideas being added to the franchise. Would have preferred Strife but hey save the best for last.

I enjoyed first one although levels were extremely repetitive. Didn't like and didn't finish 2nd.

very happy about this loved the first 2 games

First game was great. It was a dark, edge-lord Zelda - there are good and bad things about that statement, but the good won out in a big way. The story was kind of cliche, but overall it was fun and the puzzles were entertaining. War as a character, despite looking like Seth McFarland threw him up, was really solid as well.

Darksiders 2 was just stupid. I don't know why they added in the dungeon-crawler, Diablo-esque item system.

This... man, I would have had high hopes until you showed me that trailer. Why the ever loving fuck does she look like a character from the Incredibles? Poor War. First his autistic trench coat wearing cousin gets to beat up a clone of him as a boss, and now this Pixar looking Ivy ripoff is putting one over on him.

Yeah not going to lie I hated her face in the trailer as well.

Started the first game up again, thanks to this news.

Still holds up fairly well. The controls are just as unnecessarily complex as I remember them though. Some drunk mapped those buttons. Hold L2 to focus, press R1 + stick to dodge, Hold L1 for powers menu, click analog stick to aim projectiles, "O" to pick up projectiles/grab, R2 to throw them, R2+L1 for super power....What? LOL. You gotta re-map your fuckin' brain before playing this damn game. It all works okay once you get used to it, but holy shit.

Wonder if I can beat Tiamat without a single rage quit this time around. That boss is seriously underrated on the Top 10 "Annoying, Stupid Hard Early Bosses" lists.

the real annoying boss was that GOD DAMN ELEVATOR.

[YT]

her name was always fury. Only war and death kept the names from the bible. The fourth horsemen is know as Strife but in the bible he is the horsemen of conquest.

Good news about this is that the devs are reportedly patching DS2 with 4k support (and hopefully 60 FPS) to get people hyped for DS3.

I'm always glad to see more hack-and-slash games.

"Fury"?

What happened to Famine and Pestilence??

as I said earlier in the thread they changed the names of those to from the bible for Strife and Fury. Altho if you wanna be real about it Pestilence was not a horsemen the bible states the rider of the white horse is Conquest. In many stories or TV versions they changed Conquest to Pestilence due to the use of the bow and its ties to such.

as I said earlier in the thread they changed the names of those to from the bible for Strife and Fury. Altho if you wanna be real about it Pestilence was not a horsemen the bible states the rider of the white horse is Conquest. In many stories or TV versions they changed Conquest to Pestilence due to the use of the bow and its ties to such.

But why did they change them? Why didn't the developers keep them as Famine and Conquest (or Pestilence)?

The developers have stated that these are more like a comic book version of the Four Horsemen. Also in the Bible they are not named, only Death is and if you think about it game play wise how would you fight enemies with a scale? Strife's guns are an updated version of the Bow & arrow.

Could also be they did not want any jesus talk associated with their game. As conquest was thought of as depends who u ask jesus himself or a anti jesus. The team never came out with it 100% that i know but I feel its just they had characters built and they felt that the names fury and strife better fit them and the games they intended to create.

The developers have stated that these are more like a comic book version of the Four Horsemen. Also in the Bible they are not named, only Death is and if you think about it game play wise how would you fight enemies with a scale? Strife's guns are an updated version of the Bow & arrow.

Could also be they did not want any jesus talk associated with their game. As conquest was thought of as depends who u ask jesus himself or a anti jesus. The team never came out with it 100% that i know but I feel its just they had characters built and they felt that the names fury and strife better fit them and the games they intended to create.
And also, their background is not the same from the horsemen in the bible. They're more like protectors.

Excited i loved the series especially the second one. I dunno about the whip though it looks like it could be kind of boring. Granted its an early stage demo so...

Back