Dark Souls: Remastered

FROMSOFTWARE
Verified account@fromsoftware_pr

42m42 minutes ago
Owners of the PC version of "Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition" will be able to upgrade to "DARK SOULS REMASTERED" at a discounted price. Please feel free to take advantage of this campaign.

DbjcEYQUQAAqQ3H.jpg

I finally got a chance to play BB (borrowed a PS4 from my friend) and, for me at least, it's a large notch below DS1 & 3.

You consume blood vials very, very quickly unlike in DS1 where the time to drink an estus flask is actually quite long, so you have to be more strategic. That was one of my main gripes with DS3 as well.

Very often you can just trade with enemies - if you lose life, you can just trade with them and earn that lost life back.

Fighting other NPC hunters is laborious and boring.

Quickstepping takes almost no endurance and almost all the enemies are ridiculously slow. I did a 40/40 balanced saw cleaver build and only ended up putting about 15 or 20 in endurance because more just wasn't necessary.

The parry window is huge - I mean, just enormous.

All the games are kind of easy to break once you play through them and find out how to min/max early on and you can do some fuckery. With BB however, I did it on accident. Wondering around trying to figure out where to go, I was abducted into the optional zone where my +3 weapon quickly became +6. Once I found out where to actually go though, that +6 just absolutely ate everything up for several bosses afterwards.

There are a lot of positive merits to BB ofc, and it's a great game, don't get me wrong. It's just that I heard so many people refer to it as their favorite of the Soulsborne series for so long that I was a little shocked at how much more I liked DS1&3 compared to it.

Hey this guy hates everything about BB, a game where nearly everything is better than the DS series.

Lets see, you do understand BB subverts everything about DS? Why wolud you want to ruin the pacing, and the game's fast paced aggressive gameplay by making drining Bloodvials slower, removing the best mechanic in the game to facilitate aggressive gameplay instead of the laborious slow pace of DS, which BB isnt intended to be.

These gripes always come from fans of DS1 etc, who just want another DS game. Well BB isnt, and its the better for it.

Hell losing to bosses always felt much more satisfying in Bloodborne than DS1. You wanted one more turn every time instead of feeling deflated and annoyed. There was never a bed of chaos, or some gimmicky boss which essentially forced you to die first before you even knew wtf happened. Like who has solved BOC on their first go?

Blooborne was more fun the 1st time... the 2nd time trough it was a pain.

Dark Soul's feel better every time you replay it...

both genres-games are amazing.

Hey this guy hates everything about BB, a game where nearly everything is better than the DS series.

Lets see, you do understand BB subverts everything about DS? Why wolud you want to ruin the pacing, and the game's fast paced aggressive gameplay by making drining Bloodvials slower, removing the best mechanic in the game to facilitate aggressive gameplay instead of the laborious slow pace of DS, which BB isnt intended to be.

These gripes always come from fans of DS1 etc, who just want another DS game. Well BB isnt, and its the better for it.

Hell losing to bosses always felt much more satisfying in Bloodborne than DS1. You wanted one more turn every time instead of feeling deflated and annoyed. There was never a bed of chaos, or some gimmicky boss which essentially forced you to die first before you even knew wtf happened. Like who has solved BOC on their first go?

Yeah, gimmick bosses in DS are a thing. So are gimmick deaths - like when you're crossing the bridge and drake lands on it and crushes you, the other bridge where he breathes fire, Scaleless killing you no matter what, etc. It's frustrating, but it's part of the appeal. You're like an ant taking on decaying gods - the only thing you have going is that you can die again and again and again and again...

No reason to be defensive about BB though, the other guy I was talking to about it wasn't. It was a great game, but yeah, there was stuff I didn't like.

I also agree that it's great it's not another DS game, you do feel like a different being while playing as a hunter. I still found it silly that you could regen as much life as it allowed you to though, at least when I was using the saw cleaver. It felt a bit too much like mashing in fights was rewarded; I'd be dancing around, picking my shots, but then be like, "hey, fuck it, I can just trade with him anyway". Obviously this isn't true of all enemies types, but just something that came up kind of often.

My main gripe with the bloodvials was actually two-fold: the rate at which you could heal and how many you could carry. If you healed slower and held twenty, that'd seem cool, or healed just as fast but only held 10. It just felt like a lot.

Yeah, gimmick bosses in DS are a thing. So are gimmick deaths - like when you're crossing the bridge and drake lands on it and crushes you, the other bridge where he breathes fire, Scaleless killing you no matter what, etc. It's frustrating, but it's part of the appeal. You're like an ant taking on decaying gods - the only thing you have going is that you can die again and again and again and again...

No reason to be defensive about BB though, the other guy I was talking to about it wasn't. It was a great game, but yeah, there was stuff I didn't like.

I also agree that it's great it's not another DS game, you do feel like a different being while playing as a hunter. I still found it silly that you could regen as much life as it allowed you to though, at least when I was using the saw cleaver. It felt a bit too much like mashing in fights was rewarded; I'd be dancing around, picking my shots, but then be like, "hey, fuck it, I can just trade with him anyway". Obviously this isn't true of all enemies types, but just something that came up kind of often.

My main gripe with the bloodvials was actually two-fold: the rate at which you could heal and how many you could carry. If you healed slower and held twenty, that'd seem cool, or healed just as fast but only held 10. It just felt like a lot.
Im not being defensive, I just think its flawed to look at DS and BB the same way. One is more strategic based, while one is trying to enforce an aggressive playstyle, hell the world is filled with blood hungry hunters, smashing away without a care, which BB is trying to do.Its so hard going back to DS after BB, because its obvious both games are appealing to 2 player types on the same coin. Infact DS may even be a better game by having a designated heal imo.

Im not being defensive, I just think its flawed to look at DS and BB the same way. One is more strategic based, while one is trying to enforce an aggressive playstyle, hell the world is filled with blood hungry hunters, smashing away without a care, which BB is trying to do.Its so hard going back to DS after BB, because its obvious both games are appealing to 2 player types on the same coin. Infact DS may even be a better game by having a designated heal imo.

Fair enough. I like them both, but yeah, it's obvious that I prefer DS1&3

I dont even use shields in Dark Souls anymore, but then again I’ve been playing since Demon’s released. Roll and parry are life. Fuck up and

YOU DIED.

lolz. the pre-order for this is $40 on psn. i kinda figured it would be 20/25.

Network Test is May 11-12 On PS4/Xbone

You can download it now and I think you have to do it before the 6th to get in.

That's Friday-Saturday so it should be pretty active. I'll try to download it tonight. Thanks.

I never played Dark Souls 1 but recently got on board with the franchise with DS3 and Bloodborne, will be picking this up.

The download is pretty sick. The demo will start and then attempt to connect to the online servers before timing out. Freaked me out.

The legal disclaimers seem a little excessive though. lol

The download is pretty sick. The demo will start and then attempt to connect to the online servers before timing out. Freaked me out.

The legal disclaimers seem a little excessive though. lol
Lol, for a bit I thought maybe there some screw up that would let you play early. Ah well, one more week.

Well the Japanese version is out now. Europe is in a couple of hours and then North America is tonight, I think.

Unfortunately my PS+ membership just expired a few days ago and I'm not renewing it just for this so I'm SOL. Bummer.

This looks like a ps3 game. They literally didn’t touch shit. I won’t be getting this.

This looks like a ps3 game. They literally didn’t touch shit. I won’t be getting this.
They did add the option to jump/roll on L3 which some people prefer but yeah it didn't look any different to me either.

Well the Japanese version is out now. Europe is in a couple of hours and then North America is tonight, I think.

Unfortunately my PS+ membership just expired a few days ago and I'm not renewing it just for this so I'm SOL. Bummer.
Crappy, yeah I wouldn’t bother either since I’m guessing you’re getting it on PC.
Differences aren’t huge but there are improvements just about everywhere.

I don’t think anyone is buying it for the graphics. I’m getting it for 60 FPS and the resurgence in community.

They did add the option to jump/roll on L3 which some people prefer but yeah it didn't look any different to me either.
Watching Peeve right now and it’s like he’s playing the old version. I just played this last year, I’ll wait for a sale

Backstab fishing is still a thing, dead angles, toggle escapes. They left it scummy since only the old pvpers will keep this game alive more than a month

Crappy, yeah I wouldn’t bother either since I’m guessing you’re getting it on PC.

I don’t think anyone is buying it for the graphics. I’m getting it for 60 FPS and the resurgence in community.
Apparently it's only 20 bucks if you already own it on PC so I'll probably grab it out of curiousity. That's cheap enough. Waiting for a sale if I ever get it on PS4 though.

60fps is a huge improvement over the original so definitely worth it for PS4. It will be interesting to see how many people come back to the game, especially the DS3 PVPers. I imagine it will be lively for a while if Peeve and the old guard all start streaming it.

Back