• Slower gameplay
  • No recovery window
  • Larger selection of weapons, armor, and spells
  • More build variety
  • More NPCs and Sidequests
  • The world is more varied in DS1, masterfully intertwined
  • Stronger PVP community in its heydey
  • More variety in NG+ vs Chalice Dungeons of BB
They are both phenomenal. My list makes it seems like DS is a better game...which maybe it is but BB's gameplay is probably unmatched in terms of just enjoyment.

Sounds great, thanks for the wright up. I loved Bloodbornes gameplay and seeing that DS is slower might take some adjusting.

Yeah it’s not nearly as big of a remaster as I thought which is disappointing.

Still, I’m looking forward to seeing the community revitalized again.
Same here. I was hoping for more of a remake but I guess that was just wishful thinking. Hopefully the new engine makes it feel different at least.

Can someone give me a tl;dr on the differences between DS and Bloodborne? My first souls game and I’m pumped.

Biggest difference is shields. In Dark Souls you can just turtle up indefinitely behind a shield if it has 100% physical block and your opponent only has physical damage and you properly manage your stamina.

Sounds great, thanks for the wright up. I loved Bloodbornes gameplay and seeing that DS is slower might take some adjusting.
RJ43 covered it nicely. Both great games with different strengths. DS1 has a bigger world and is more colourful with better NPCs, imo. BB is my favourite in the series though because of the gameplay and bosses.

It does take some adjusting, but I just do a ranged character in Souls games now. It's hard to go from BB and Nioh back to melee in Souls. When DS3 dropped I just did a pure Pyro build and loved it; wrecked many a boss with that build. In my opinion just take what Souls gives you (magic/spells) that BB doesn't and exploit that. You can always go back and do a Melee build if you want.

I put Dark Souls on, on the 360 in a friends house just to show another friend who was interested in the series, it looks like a PS2 game felt so weird playing it after Bloodborne.

Vaati just released a short comparison of the remaster vs the original. He also announced he will begin streaming shortly.

20 mins of gameplay on a PS4 Pro

You can definitely see the graphical enhancements. Not much more than a new coat of paint but I think it looks pretty good.

60fps at 4k on the PS4 Pro?? That's a pretty serious improvement. PC version should be silky smooth.

So it's the exact same game with slightly better graphics and better frame rate?

I think i'll wait until it's like £10 or something.

I thought it was supposed to be in the BB and DS3 engine? That's why online can have up to six players. It sure doesn't look like it though.

That was a speculation, most notably from Vaatya Vidya, who later retracted it in one of his videos. It's a graphical and performance upgrade, I don't think much more. For me, that is more than enough. I couldn't get DS1 to work on pc very well, even with DSfix.

The only thing I wish they added was some sort of new game plus that switches up the enemies and items. That would freshen the game up in a completely different way, like some mod a guy made for the Prepare to Die edition.

Bloodborne was distilled pre joy and adrenaline. DS will seem more bloated cause a majority of weapons would get murked by a few aswell as armour meaning more in this game.

Im kinda disappointed in this remaster. Imma have to wait to get it on sale cause DSFix + mods and you essentially have this game but sold at a premium.

Atleast its got dedicated servers, so maybe lag stabbing will be reduced?

DS3 is better EXCEPT in the way the areas are linked. DS1 did it best. Although like all DS games, some of the levels are infuriating utter shitestry..

So it's the exact same game with slightly better graphics and better frame rate?

I think i'll wait until it's like £10 or something.
Dedicated servers, multiplayer improvements and several quality of life improvements.

Dedicated servers, multiplayer improvements
TBH Multiplayer is fun but not worth £30, if thats all that guaranteed. I already experienced the game. If any oldheads are getting this, theyre getting purely to crush new guys.

When its on sale for a £10, Id hop on but its rumoured that Spidey is getting a May or June release with GOW coming up and other games in the backlog.

I cant even get through the backlog cause of fortnite....

That was a speculation, most notably from Vaatya Vidya, who later retracted it in one of his videos. It's a graphical and performance upgrade, I don't think much more. For me, that is more than enough. I couldn't get DS1 to work on pc very well, even with DSfix.

The only thing I wish they added was some sort of new game plus that switches up the enemies and items. That would freshen the game up in a completely different way, like some mod a guy made for the Prepare to Die edition.
Oh the engine was never confirmed? I was surprised it didn't even have diagonal rolling but that explains everything.

It is too bad they didn't add any new content or at least finish Lost Izalith but then again it wasn't FromSoft doing the remaster.

Never played before, but I'll get on the Switch.

I though it was a single player game...

What with the comments about "invading newbs"?

Is there some kind of multiplayer?

Never played before, but I'll get on the Switch.

I though it was a single player game...

What with the comments about "invading newbs"?

Is there some kind of multiplayer?
Yeah there's MP. You can do friendly coop or invade others and try to kill them. Supposedly up to six players at a time, whereas the original game only supported four.

Back