Dark Souls: Remastered

I know exactly what you mean. I went back to DS1 after playing DS3 and the movement actually felt less responsive even though the engine is faster because they did something to change when the active frames start. Responsive controls are one of my biggest pet peeves so that aspect of the game is disappointing, especially compared to Nioh and BB.

I much prefer the parrying in DS1 as well. There's no oomph to your parries or backstabs in DS3 and the timing is weird. Now that I think about it, I bet they make Gwyn an absolute nightmare.

They would have to make some major combat changes to Gwyn. He was never hard even without parrying. I've pretty much play all DS games w/o parry/shield entirely relying on iframes rolling and he's definitely an easy one. Also having said that I find it weird the mentions about responsive controls. I felt like DS3 was only second to BB in regard to that but to me it mostly felt like it was game speed difference not that I pushed a command and it happened late or slow.

Goddamn, thinking about seeing O&S in the new engine is getting me hyped.

They would have to make some major combat changes to Gwyn. He was never hard even without parrying. I've pretty much play all DS games w/o parry/shield entirely relying on iframes rolling and he's definitely an easy one. Also having said that I find it weird the mentions about responsive controls. I felt like DS3 was only second to BB in regard to that but to me it mostly felt like it was game speed difference not that I pushed a command and it happened late or slow.
Not me. Gwyn was a nightmare until I learned how to parry properly. Then he became a joke and I don't think Miyazaki ever liked that fact so I wouldn't be surprised if he gets some revenge somehow.

The mechanics thing is hard to explain but it feels like there are more startup frames in DS3. Even your iframes during a roll are closer to the middle than the beginning so you have to roll earlier in the new engine.

Sounds great! Just actually started playing 3, so its all new to me. Wanted to play 1, but wasnt looking forward to the low framerate mess ive heard it is. By the time i finish 3 and Bloodborne, this will be coming out. Awesome timing. More frustration for me!

Not me. Gwyn was a nightmare until I learned how to parry properly. Then he became a joke and I don't think Miyazaki ever liked that fact so I wouldn't be surprised if he gets some revenge somehow.

The mechanics thing is hard to explain but it feels like there are more startup frames in DS3. Even your iframes during a roll are closer to the middle than the beginning so you have to roll earlier in the new engine.

LOL that is an interesting theory. I always kind of took it that Gwyn wasn't so much of a "last boss" as a story set piece where you concluded the game. Manus felt like a proper last boss to me. Gwyn was kind of the period on the sadness of the world you entered into to me. He is a used up husk of what he used to be that sacrificed himself to keep the flame alive. I felt like it made sense that Gwyn was easy to kill. He was a hollow of a God... not a God you know?

Great news when I heard it, didn't know it was for all the systems though, thought it was switch only since its been out for years on other platforms. Still fucking awesome that its coming out, think i'll be getting it on the switch, I gotta say I've fallen in love with the ability to play my games anywhere.

I just hope the Switch version is done well and plays well in both portable and docked mode.

LOL that is an interesting theory. I always kind of took it that Gwyn wasn't so much of a "last boss" as a story set piece where you concluded the game. Manus felt like a proper last boss to me. Gwyn was kind of the period on the sadness of the world you entered into to me. He is a used up husk of what he used to be that sacrificed himself to keep the flame alive. I felt like it made sense that Gwyn was easy to kill. He was a hollow of a God... not a God you know?
Well your interpretation makes perfect sense as a follow up to Demons Souls and King Allant. All the hard work is done by the time you get to him and his fight just ties up the story.

I'll never forget the first time I fought Gwyn. I've broken 2-3 controllers in my life and he was the first one. That mfer and his speed had me going insane on my first playthrough. lol

Well your interpretation makes perfect sense as a follow up to Demons Souls and King Allant. All the hard work is done by the time you get to him and his fight just ties up the story.

I'll never forget the first time I fought Gwyn. I've broken 2-3 controllers in my life and he was the first one. That mfer and his speed had me going insane on my first playthrough. lol

Damn man thats rough. I had a really bad early game experience and put the game down for a week when it first released. On my second shot I realized the game was really about "pace and space" to steal a basketball term and it all turned around for me. Once I got that mindset I can mostly relax and just fight at the pace the fight needs to be played at to win.

There are certainly exceptions like nameless King that my build was abysmal for or not realizing you could use the special sword for yhorm, but some of the bosses a lot of people struggled with I didn't with this mindset. Orn and smough took me 3 try's and I had never seen the fight... It took a long time and I played a really safe strategy but for a first kill I'll do it.

For the lulz... I broke whatever samurai sword I was using about 20 minutes into yhorm and beat him sometime around the 60 min mark. My friend was laughing hysterically for a lot of it and saying things like "I can't wait to see you die 45 minutes in." He found the sword of course -_-

People are giving them shit because their page only says 665k for some reason. The flow of followers is convoluted on twitter.

I hope they rework the Lost Izalith area. The architecture looks great but most of the dungeon is just running around on lava looking for an entrance to the temple. Bed of Chaos has to be one of the worst bosses in the souls series, even that slug in dark souls 2 was better designed.

Izalith plus the bed was easily the worst part of ds1. Well that and those fucking archers in anor Londo

I’ve broken 2-3 per game

This is my thought. But then again, I don’t have a 4K tv and can barely distinguish any difference in graphics between ps3 and PS4 at all.
Likewise. I only have a shitty 720p screen.

I’ve broken 2-3 per game

ptLev.jpg

I hope the game is popular enough that there's plenty of jolly cooperation and invasions

Dark+souls+comp+11_6a9b04_5954852.gif

Hob just finished his no hit trilogy run. Took him a year of attempts but he beat all the Souls games in a row hitless.

Back