Dark Souls: Remastered

Just cleared the Painted World and the revisit to Undead Asylum. Got the Black Knight Sword to drop from one of the knights so I think I'm going to upgrade that and main that for a while. Contemplating using the Greatsword of Astorias since it has pretty great scaling stats and I can get through New Londo Ruins easier on NG+ cycles. Just need to do some level grinding since it takes 18 Int and I'm only sitting at 9 Int. I still used it to get through the New Londo Ruins, it one shot the ghosts in using it in 2hand mode but bounced off with every attack. It was very slow going.

Turd of Chaos down. I died a few times, hilariously. The thing just swipes you into the cracks in the ground all Willy nilly.

No lantern or sunlight maggot for TOTG, I fucking hate this game

Made it to the TOTG bonfire with no light, sheer luck. Now to get Cast Light.

Kalameet is worse than Bed of Chaos in terms of boss design. Change my mind.

Playing DSR reminds why i wasnt able to get into DS3 like i was with the first 2. DS3 just feels like i big step backwards compared to DS.

I see they gave Manus undodgeable attacks. The stellar boss design I’ve come to expect from From. Cheap bullshit.

I see they gave Manus undodgeable attacks. The stellar boss design I’ve come to expect from From. Cheap bullshit.
Manus is one of those bosses that seems ridiculous until you finally figure him out. Then he becomes probably the easiest boss in the DLC. They made the remaster darker than vanilla so it's harder to see but he telegraphs all his moves really well. You just have to get used to the weird delays on his attacks.

I love invading in Sen's Fortress with Chameleon. Makes for some hilarious moments.

I just helped a noob through it, he fell for almost every trap and somehow survived. Everytime he'd fall for it I'd do the 'Well what is it?' gesture. I'm such a dick but we somehow made it.

Got Kalameets tail. Heard his sword is good but where to farm dragon scales?

Got Kalameets tail. Heard his sword is good but where to farm dragon scales?
I think the Wyvern in the Valley of Drakes drop. Im using the Obsidion GS in my PS4 build now. You can also summon Dragon Bros and kill them for it which is what i did or just join the Dragon Covenant and have people summon you.

Is it even possible to beat Bed of Chaos without dying?
If you quit out after destroying each orb you get put back outside the fog gate. So you can kill one, reset, kill the other one, reset, and then roll off the ledge and poke the thing

Is it even possible to beat Bed of Chaos without dying?
Yes, I do it regularly but that’s bringing a bow and cheesing part of it. Just about knowing spacing and positioning. One of the few bosses I don’t care how cheap I am with it.

Yes, I do it regularly but that’s bringing a bow and cheesing part of it. Just about knowing spacing and positioning. One of the few bosses I don’t care how cheap I am with it.
Do you use firebombs? Which tile do you stand on?

I know speedrunners do a double backstep but that doesn't seem consistent for me so I just count six tiles.

Do you use firebombs? Which tile do you stand on?

I know speedrunners do a double backstep but that doesn't seem consistent for me so I just count six tiles.
Depends if I have some. I don’t mind breaking the first on foot which is to the character’s right side.

I don’t count tiles. The method I use after I hit the right side is run through back to the left wall. Hug that as much as I can, then run to the farthest corner I can stand in, sit there and fire arrows into the branches until I hit the left side.

She can’t hit you from there.

I do the arrow method since there’s less of a chance I’ll run out as opposed to fire bombs.

Depends if I have some. I don’t mind breaking the first on foot which is to the character’s right side.

I don’t count tiles. The method I use after I hit the right side is run through back to the left wall. Hug that as much as I can, then run to the farthest corner I can stand in, sit there and fire arrows into the branches until I hit the left side.

She can’t hit you from there.

I do the arrow method since there’s less of a chance I’ll run out as opposed to fire bombs.
I've used that method before too. Good luck if you go left first though. lol

Back