Dark Souls 3 - The Ringed City DLC

It's combat is far superior and the weapons are more fun. NiOh is like the step Mom that comes in when your parents get divorced. Even if her cooking is better and she's nice to you, you like your mom more just because.
Area design is no way near as good. The interconnected worlds of Dark Souls and Bloodborne shit all over Nioh's level design. Having to play a character instead of creating your own is a massive negative as well. The weapons may individually have more moves than dark souls weapons, but they're no way near as complex as the trick weapons system in Bloodborne.

Bloodborne trumps it's combat and the first dark souls trumps it in area design, atmosphere, story, characters and has better and more memorable bosses.. So yeah Nioh being GOAT is laughable.

Area design is no way near as good. The interconnected worlds of Dark Souls and Bloodborne shit all over Nioh's level design. Having to play a character instead of creating your own is a massive negative as well. The weapons may individually have more moves than dark souls weapons, but they're no way near as complex as the trick weapons system in Bloodborne.

Bloodborne trumps it's combat and the first dark souls trumps it in area design, atmosphere, story, characters and has better and more memorable bosses.. So yeah Nioh being GOAT is laughable.
The skill tree on just one weapon in NiOh is more than you can do with the SOulsborne weapons combined. I'm not the type to spend 45 minutes getting the right hue for my characters hair color so it wasn't a turn off to play as a pre made character, many game of the year winners have already made characters, such as Witcher 3 and Shadow of Mordor.

NiOh has superior level design except for the stupid frog castle.

NiOh also has more diverse boss fights.

Also the new pvp areas look like shit but some of the new weapons in Ringed City look kinda cool.

First boss is a shitty multi enemy fight. There's an hour of footage on YouTube of the DLC

The skill tree on just one weapon in NiOh is more than you can do with the SOulsborne weapons combined. I'm not the type to spend 45 minutes getting the right hue for my characters hair color so it wasn't a turn off to play as a pre made character, many game of the year winners have already made characters, such as Witcher 3 and Shadow of Mordor.

NiOh has superior level design except for the stupid frog castle.

NiOh also has more diverse boss fights.
That first sentence is so staggeringly idiotic I'm not going to be able to take your post, or indeed you, seriously.

That first sentence is so staggeringly idiotic I'm not going to be able to take your post, or indeed you, seriously.

It's not just you, all of his posts are like this. He spent page after page in the Nioh thread bashing the game saying it was cheap, artificially difficult etc just because he was getting his ass handed to him and now he loves it.

Nioh is great

I also have its mechanics above Bloodborne wich was for me the best game all around in the soulsborne series.

But i still rank Bloodborne #1 for overall atmosphere, level design, soundtrack, boss fights, replay value, etc.

I love the combat in both series so I'm a happy camper either way. I'm pretty excited to see what both studios come up with next.

Interestingly, I was watching ENB last night while he was doing a level one run and he likes Nioh's combat more than anything in Soulsborne.

Nioh is great

I also have its mechanics above Bloodborne wich was for me the best game all around in the soulsborne series.

But i still rank Bloodborne #1 for overall atmosphere, level design, soundtrack, boss fights, replay value, etc.

I totally agree, it's just slightly lacking in all those areas you mentioned. I'm eager to see how they improve on it in a sequel.

I was a bit disappointed with the first DLC and Dark Souls 3 in general so i am not that thrilled about it, i hope i am wrong and The Ringed City will be amazing. I found the first DLC too short and wasn't a big fan of the bosses.

With that being said though, i'll be playing this as soon as it's released since i have the season pass

ahaha yeah the ending was really fucking retarded. It was basically, "welp thats all folks," and left you standing there not having a clue what to do next

One thing I really like about Nioh is the skills system. It adds so much depth and variety to combat. It's also more like a traditional RPG where you have to gain experience in order to unlock abilities.

The only thing that compares in Soulsborne is magic. I can't think of any melee abilities that you don't have as a new character and there is certainly nothing as fun as the Iai Quickdraw or Heaven Flash.

I love how this shit is coming out literally the day after my spring break ends. FML

Nioh is great

Yeah Blood/souls pretty much shit on Nioh in every aspect but the combat in Nioh is clearly superior

BTW it's kind of hilarious to me that grown ass men actually give a shit about being able to adjust your characters chin type and how square his jaw is.

Then again a lot of dudes act like women

YEah this game sucks cock. NiOh is miles better in every way. Playing in slow motion with bosses with judicious hitboxes isn't interesting or compelling gameplay, it's artificial difficulty.

Yeah Blood/souls pretty much shit on Nioh in every aspect but the combat in Nioh is clearly superior
I like the loot drops in Nioh better, the world seems more open, the random stats with the drops is nice, plus not having random douchebags killing you is a good thing.

YEah this game sucks cock. NiOh is miles better in every way. Playing in slow motion with bosses with judicious hitboxes isn't interesting or compelling gameplay, it's artificial difficulty.
I really would love to know what you think judicious means.

What's with all the deadshot hate lately? You guys act like you walked in on him deep-dicking your mom, rather than freaking out over a game.

Lol I wrote that post while the salt was fresh from dying to the Abyss Watchers with one hit left. To me it was a microcosm of everything wrong with the Souls series. "Difficulty in numbers" instead of a boss with a diverse move set. Champion Gundyr is the only quality boss in the game. And I died while frantically pressing R1 and circle trying to get SOME kind of response from the character because "tried to dodge, didn't work" is actually a mechanic in this game.

Back