Dark Souls 3: Bugged Mechanics Edition

Anyone willing to help as a mule real quick on XB1? Willing to do the same or trade within reason. Let me know if interested.

Looks like there's a pretty big patch coming out tomorrow which focuses on PVP and makes invasions more viable. Also a bunch of fixes including the boss invasion glitch.

https://www.vg247.com/2017/04/10/dark-souls-3-patch-1-13-brings-big-changes-to-pvp-a-new-arena/
First up, the patch adds a new flat PvP arena to the Undead Match PvP list called Round Plaza. As far as summon changes, you’ll now be able to summon a total of two Darkmoon Blades, or Blue Sentinels.

Another big change is that when a white phantom dies during an invasion, the host won’t be able to summon other white phantoms for a set amount of time. There are also new values for matchmaking when summoning other players.

Full list of patch notes:
  • Addition of the arena “Round Plaza” to the Undead Match
  • Fixed a bug where players could invade hosts during a boss fight
  • Fixed a bug where disabled items could be used
  • Fixed a bug where “Spear of the Church” would be summoned outside the boss battle area
  • Fixed a bug where red phantoms could be summoned after the appearance of a “Darkmoon Blade” or “Blue Sentinel”
  • Fixed a bug where Resins and Spell Buffs could be applied to unbuffable weapons
  • Up to a total of two “Darkmoon Blades” or “Blue Sentinels” can now be summoned during online multiplayer
  • When a white phantom dies during an invasion, the host will now be unable to summon subsequent white phantoms for a certain period of time (this change does not apply to covenant based invasions)
  • Increased the level range at which “Darkmoon Blades” and “Blue Sentinels” can be matched
  • Increased drop rate of “Seed of a Giant Tree”, reduced the number that can be carried and greatly reduced the duration of its effect
  • Fixed an issue where some weapon skill animations could be used with other weapons
  • It is now easier to be interrupted when using most weapon skills
  • Reduced the absorption bonus during the latter half of “Perseverance” weapon skill
  • Increased tracking on attack animations for “Pike” category weapons
  • Increased stamina damage dealt by “Fist” category weapons
  • Added a small window where damage taken is increased after initiating a parry with “Fist” and “Claw” category weapons
  • Reduced damage of “Gargoyle Flame Spear” and “Dragonslayer Spear”
  • Increased poise effect with “Lothric Knight Long Spear”
  • Added Faith scaling to “Sunlight Straight Sword” and “Yorshka’s Spear”, and reduced Strength and Dexterity scaling accordingly
  • Reduced critical damage of “Crow Quills”
  • All attacks from “Rose of Ariandel” can no longer be parried, but two-handed attacks now consume more stamina and no longer apply poise
  • Fixed a bug where the second L1(LB) combo attack when two-handing “Onikiri and Ubadachi” was not dealing thrust damage
  • Fixed a bug where bleed effect for “Pontiff Knight Great Scythe” wasn’t displaying in the menus
  • Fixed a bug where weapon skill “Quake” of “Quakestone Hammer” would deal more damage than intended to “Spear of the Church”
  • Reduced damage of “Dark”, “Fire” and “Raw” infusions for “Lothric Knight Greatsword”
  • Reduced damage of “Dark” and “Fire” infusions for “Murky Hand Scythe” and “Dragonslayer’s Axe”
  • Increased the charge rate for effects that trigger on continuous attacks (e.g. “Pontiff’s Right Eye”, “Old Wolf Curved Sword”, “Carthus Beacon”)
  • Re-adjusted damage and scaling for “Simple”, “Crystal”, “Fire”, “Chaos”, “Lightning”, “Dark”, “Deep”, “Blessed” weapon infusions that were changed in Regulation Version 1.32
  • Increased stamina consumption of the sorceries “Magic Shield” and “Great Magic Shield”
  • Increased FP consumption of the sorcery “Great Magic Shield”
  • Increased FP and stamina consumption, and reduced duration of the sorcery “Hidden Body”
  • Reduced stamina consuption and increased duration of the miracles “Great Magic Barrier” and “Vow of Silence”
  • Reduced FP consumption of the miracle “Great Magic Barrier”
  • Fixed a bug where the amount of healing received from the miracle “Lifehunt Scythe” would always be dependant on the Faith value of the weapon equipped in the right hand slot
  • Reduced the effectiveness of “Carthus Bloodring”
  • Reduced the absorption penalty when wearing “Prisoner’s Chain”
  • Fixed other various issues

Lol. I like how they keep trying to do little fixes like these to tune up magic builds not realizing that stat boosts aren't going to change shitty cast times for the spells that actually are threatening and FP management issues

910 AR with dark blade, blindfold mask, lloyds, Flynns and Yorshkas chime. 2 shorting people in the arena with this set up and the Mad King Crucifix.

Also my lightning estoc with 60 faith has over 600 AR one handed

Lol. I like how they keep trying to do little fixes like these to tune up magic builds not realizing that stat boosts aren't going to change shitty cast times for the spells that actually are threatening and FP management issues
Casting in pvp, good for brawls and 3v3s, shit for duels

I use it on my level 20 invasion build. Makes a big difference.

I think miracles have the worst casting speed

Magic in general is just in a really shitty place compared to DS2. It's a shame

Granted, I don't think a return to the thundergods of DS2 is a good thing, but some viability would be nice

Magic in general is just in a really shitty place compared to DS2. It's a shame

Granted, I don't think a return to the thundergods of DS2 is a good thing, but some viability would be nice
I think the only way to land a lightning stake is after a parry, it's so fucking slow

Finally got the game on the Live sale. Jesus Fucking Christ the first area is cheap! I mean I know I'm out of practice but fuck. Everything looks the damn same so I keep going in circles, and the camera goes straight up your asshole whenever you fight anywhere near a wall. Bonfires faaaaaar apart so I keep losing my souls. That zombie that turns into a tentacle monster keeps killing me purely because the camera goes haywire when I get anywhere near it. Oh and the very first chest in the game is a mimic? Yeah fuck you.

So to reach the road of sacrifices you're supposed to know, somehow, to run across the elevator platform so the elevator goes up without you. Then a new elevator platform will come up that leads to the lower level. For fucks sake what a cryptic piece of shit. I could see that method for a secret item or something, but just to get to the next area? How in the fuck was I supposed to magically know to do that? Looked it up on youtube after I got sick of aimlessly wandering the zone looking for the next area for an hour and a half.

I know these games are cryptic on purpose, but so far this game is way, way more cryptic than even the first game. And I like how damn near every enemy gives 50-100 exp per kill. Guess I'm supposed to.... kill eight thousand hollows so I can get like 2 levels? Even those cheap pos pot throwing guys only give like 250 exp. I'm assuming eventually there's an area with enemies that give real exp but I haven't found it yet. About to enter the third area and I have yet to find a single enemy that gives as much exp as the guys in the undead burg in the first game. It's like they purposely designed every single minute aspect of this game to be irritating as shit.

Also Seigward ( I'm assuming) just ran right by me when I got on the elevator. After I killed the knight down below I went back up but he isn't there now. So I guess I was also supposed to magically know to sprint off the elevator and chase him down to talk to him before he vanishes forever.
<Fedor23>

Also Seigward ( I'm assuming) just ran right by me when I got on the elevator. After I killed the knight down below I went back up but he isn't there now. So I guess I was also supposed to magically know to sprint off the elevator and chase him down to talk to him before he vanishes forever.
<Fedor23>
Take the elevator up and roll onto a secret ledge to find Seigward.

So to reach the road of sacrifices you're supposed to know, somehow, to run across the elevator platform so the elevator goes up without you. Then a new elevator platform will come up that leads to the lower level. For fucks sake what a cryptic piece of shit. I could see that method for a secret item or something, but just to get to the next area? How in the fuck was I supposed to magically know to do that? Looked it up on youtube after I got sick of aimlessly wandering the zone looking for the next area for an hour and a half.

I know these games are cryptic on purpose, but so far this game is way, way more cryptic than even the first game. And I like how damn near every enemy gives 50-100 exp per kill. Guess I'm supposed to.... kill eight thousand hollows so I can get like 2 levels? Even those cheap pos pot throwing guys only give like 250 exp. I'm assuming eventually there's an area with enemies that give real exp but I haven't found it yet. About to enter the third area and I have yet to find a single enemy that gives as much exp as the guys in the undead burg in the first game. It's like they purposely designed every single minute aspect of this game to be irritating as shit.

That whole deal with Siegward isn't cryptic at all. You just weren't paying close enough attention to see the upper elevator platform rise as Siegward came up with the lift.

The other stuff you mentioned is all classic DS. Unless this is your first go-round with DS, what did you expect? You're gonna have stretches were all you do is grind. The whole "do I level up now, or risk going even further?" adds tension to the experience. If you're that unfamiliar with an area, simply place your summon sign and help summon navigate their world before traveling through you're own.

The co-op is a handy buffer if you use it wisely.

Back