Dark Souls 2 NG++

Is fume knight so hard because people are fighting him with the healing areas? Once I destroyed those, he didn't seem like anything special. However, I didn't have nearly enough dps to handle him before that.

People have trouble with different sections. I didn't find Fume Knight, or Iron Passage, difficult. But I had a lot of trouble in my first playthrough with Old Iron King, who a lot of people found to be the easiest boss.

I thought there was enough wedges to take down all the idols for the entire level. Beating the knight aint possible if 4 idols are active. you'll have to use a bonfire ascetic to get the wedges back I guess.

It's possible if you aggro him up and down the middle portion of the room. Speedrunners do it all the time.

You get the wedges at the beginning of the DLC, and you can find another bundle of them in a treasure chest. There are enough to destroy every idol, but you need to find the chest.
Edit- Oh, you were responding to Basil. I'm not sure it's possible to use 10 wedges without destroying the four idols in the boss room.

It is, there are 11 idols in the DLC, and 11 wedges, but the 11th wedge is in the King's memory after you beat Alonne, so I've used up my 10. The 11th wedge from Alonne will have to be used on the 4th idol by brume. I should have not used all the wedges I had on every other idol I came across.

Is there any way to permanently kill the phantom archers on the way to Fume?

I'd recommend just running past those **** ***s, that's what I did. Once you're past them you can take an elevator down to Brume, but be sure to hang a hard right to get the 4th bonfire first.

Anyway, I played a bit this morning before work with some guys in Japan and managed to beat Brume. I'm going after smelter 2.0 next tonight and then I'll do Alonne before moving on to the 3rd DLC.

I'm a bit disappointed that the DLC bosses all appear to be reskins of other bosses. I'm not positive but Sinh looked a lot like the black dragon from the dark souls 1 DLC and I think Brume looked like Artorias from it as well. Meanwhile I think Elana is just a reskinned Nashandra and smelter 2.0 is obviously just blue.

Fume Knight is a pain in the ass. I can't get his combos down and attack him.

Ok Ser Alonne is worse than Fume. Hardest boss yet, IMO.

Ok Ser Alonne is worse than Fume. Hardest boss yet, IMO.

I disagree. Alonne is fast but he bascially does the same thing that the small Alonne knights do. Just wait for him to stop swinging and get a hit or two in.

Fume Knight sometime would string together combos that, if you got hit once, you were getting killed because you can't recover quick enough.

I disagree. Alonne is fast but he bascially does the same thing that the small Alonne knights do. Just wait for him to stop swinging and get a hit or two in.

Fume Knight sometime would string together combos that, if you got hit once, you were getting killed because you can't recover quick enough.

Alonne is so damn fast that any slight error in rolling you are eating big damage. Fume telegraphed his strikes much more so they were easier to dodge.

Anyone use the bewitched alonne sword? Looks like an interesting weapon. Playing more PVP lately and feel like my BKGS is a little too slow and want to switch to a katana...maybe.

It kind of sucks. It's special is that you stab yourself to power the blade up in exchange for your parry if you are two handing it. Even with that extra damage it doesn't hit very hard, it didn't want make me want to switch from my chaos blade anyways. Cool looking weapon though, and it does a horizontal slash that can hit multiple enemies.

It kind of sucks. It's special is that you stab yourself to power the blade up in exchange for your parry if you are two handing it. Even with that extra damage it doesn't hit very hard, it didn't want make me want to switch from my chaos blade anyways. Cool looking weapon though, and it does a horizontal slash that can hit multiple enemies.

That sucks. I've watched some videos and it seems like a good PVP weapon, though you need a pretty high level of understanding, it seems, to utilize it's effectiveness.

Maldron the Assassin is pretty much the epitome of a troll invader. Nothing felt as good as backstabbing him to death as he was trying to run down the stairs like a bitch.

Having a bit of trouble with smelter 2.0, just making it through the iron passage has been a bitch.

Having a bit of trouble with smelter 2.0, just making it through the iron passage has been a bitch.

Yeah it's helpful to summon a human NPC to take the high route and you and the computer summon take the low.

The run to Smelter and Alonne are botches for sure.

It's funny, npcs can take a beating but they do no damage. Human allies can really dish it out, but they can't take it. I almost feel the ideal way to handle some bosses is with one npc to be a meat shield while you and another player do all the damage.

It's funny, npcs can take a beating but they do no damage. Human allies can really dish it out, but they can't take it. I almost feel the ideal way to handle some bosses is with one npc to be a meat shield while you and another player do all the damage.

Yeah I'm pretty sure their pure intent was to tank/aggro the Bosses. It's debatable as to whether they are actually helpful or not considering the boost in HP the bosses get from using summons. I think the better you are they are actually a hindrance (Note: I have yet to beat any of the dlc bosses without a summon).

I was really, really close to beating Fume and Smelter 2 solo, like 1 more hit each and I'd win, but I beat both of them with a single summon which I found to be ideal. I've tried Alonne 3 times now with both summons and may try again with only 1.

Then again I'm playing NG so it's pretty pathetic I need summons at this point.

Seems like a 4th DLC is in the works:

Hello all, Sorry if this has already been posted, but I think that we are going to see a new DLC soon. On the steam database for Dark Souls 2 (https://steamdb.info/app/236430/history/) From committed (added) information about "testdlc4". When they added the last DLC into the game, it was called "testdlc3" in the database. Since From used the same phrasing for the two commits, I think it is likely that we will see a 4th DLC. Thanks, Jersam15

Back