Dantas/Caldwell, Straus/Sanchez set for Bellator 184

Awesome fights. Caldwell and Dantas will be a good one. Sanchez is so very average but keeps finding a way to get wins. Straus needs to stick away from the belt for a bit. Don't need Pitbull vs Straus 20.
Agree with all of this. They really need to keep straus and pitbull away from one another.

Sanchez truly is basic on all levels. He doesn't have an insane pace, great power, speed, subs. He is just a decent fighter who just happens to keep earnings splits. Straus should take this fight

This is what a card after a tent pole should look like. With a title fight and homegrown talent.

Nice! After Straus wins we get Pitbul vs Straus 5: Just To Be Sure

Good stuff. Dantas/Caldwell is a good fight. So is Sanchez/Straus, big step up for Sanchez.
How is it really a big step up when hes fought Justin Lawrence, Pat Curran, Marcos Galvao, Georgi Karahkyan and Daniel Weichel.

Nice! After Straus wins we get Pitbul vs Straus 5: Just To Be Sure

Damn it, I'll be laughing at that for days.

0viaZYU.gif

<Moves><Moves><Moves>

Good fights. Looking like a good card. Bellator is stepping it up!

With Warren winning does Bellator pull the trigger with Gallagher in Nov or no?

Could do Mayday, Warren or Higo but who knows.

Jason Floyd says Gallagher has one fight left on his deal and has same manager as Conor, is close with him so maybe he does test market to see what UFC says.

Could mean Bellator doesnt give him a name like that for a few reasons.

1st give him another winnable fight in his country, keeps him unbeaten if you do resign him.

2nd you dont want him to beat one of your top guys on his way out the door.

3rd right now I dont know if UFC really does go after him heavy but if he beat a top guy with a name that could get UFC to say maybe we should go after him.

I think next contract after this is when UFC would go after him, same with MVP. Once you've proven yourself by beating some top guys, maybe winning a Bellator belt. Right now I dont that UFC would offer a big enough contract that Bellator wouldnt match based on what Gallaghers done. He's starting to get a little following, not sure how big he really is in Ireland. But he's beaten nobody so far so how much are you really gonna pay him if you are UFC right now?

I expect him to stay in Bellator. We'll see who they match him with. Will it be Higo or Warren or will it be LC Davis, Baby Joe or someone even lower than that?
Lets face it. Gallagher is just not good and UFC is not going to invest against a guy who would probably get whooped by the entire top 10 being BW or FW.

He was matched against bums his whole career. There is a reason they did not wanted to give him the AJ McKee fight.

He is getting better and is really young. I give you that. But still I think Bellator gives him the MVP treatment for a while. He has no value for the UFC.

On topic:

Pretty good card. Either Bellator put the most washed up shitty cards like last one or they throw really good shows like this one.

I will be rooting for Dantas but this is a good fight for Caldwell.

Straus, Curran, Sanchez, Higo... there is some good stuff to watch on this event.

Back