Danny Garcia vs. Shawn Porter. Ugas vs Barrionuevo & Kownacki vs Martin, Sep. 8 Showtime 9PM ET RBR

Assuming Vegas will have Garcia as the favorite but at the moment I think Porter takes it.

Swift is gonna stand and crack until Porter falls.

I am pulling for Porter, if only because I hate Angel Garcia so much.

Danny Garcia and Porter are both amazing fighters and seem like great dudes (and both have overbearing fathers who become part of the story).

Dude I just rewatched Berto-Porter

Holy fuck Porter nailed him with a shit load of headbutts. Just a brutal fight.

I see Garcia getting stopped. Porter is a throwback to Fullmer/Basilio.

Fuck fighting that guy lol

Looking forward to this one.

Will be attending, depending on the rest of the card

Dude I just rewatched Berto-Porter

Holy fuck Porter nailed him with a shit load of headbutts. Just a brutal fight.

I see Garcia getting stopped. Porter is a throwback to Fullmer/Basilio.

Fuck fighting that guy lol
You see Danny getting stopped....?

Going to be a rough night for Garcia, Porter's style is going to be tough for him to deal with.
who you picking?

im leaning towards garcia but i do agree with the rough night part. Ultimately i start to think about people having success against garcia, and they are boxing from the outside. I see a close split decision for garcia

They haven’t made an official announcement....

They have both dates saved at Barclays

Both guys play into each others strengths, IMO. Porter is easy to counter and time but Garcia struggles with physical aggressive fighters. I expect that Porter may win more rounds but probably get dropped once or twice.
Porter is the favorite for me here... Honestly seems like an awful matchup for Danny

Both guys play into each others strengths, IMO. Porter is easy to counter and time but Garcia struggles with physical aggressive fighters. I expect that Porter may win more rounds but probably get dropped once or twice.

I think it's going to depend on how well Porter's chin has held up over the years. He took some hellacious shots against Thurman, and he stayed upright. But at times he that look in his eye like he's taken enough of those, and eventually it's going to catch up to him. People also underestimate Danny's size and strength sometimes. He's a pretty big welterweight. I thought he was the bigger guy in the ring against Thurman.

Back