Danny Garcia vs Keith Thurman. POLL

Who wins...

• Total voters
Tough fight to call. I voted for Garcia.

I'm almost starting to lean towards Garcia by stoppage.
I change my mind 2 times a day. 3 days ago I had Garcia by late stoppage, but now I think if Garcia wins it's by UD, and if Thurman wins it's by him exploding out the gate and Garcia crumbling.

Danny will win this fight pretty convincingly. Likely by late stoppage.

Garcia pulling ahead in the poll, kind of surprised now at the results.

Picked Danny but see this as basically a tossup. This is a great fight, can't wait for this shit. Rooting for Danny b/c I have money on him but really just pumped to watch this fight. This should be a hell of a scrap. Somebody's 0 has gotta go (or we get a draw but let's hope that's not the case).

Garcia looks to be the bigger man at the weighins. I thought people may have been making too much of an overweight Thurman looking bigger when confronting Garcia after his last fight.

Last edited:
I put my vote in for Garcia because of his experience. But he's never been a giant puncher, and I think he packs enough punch at WW to be respectable but not a guy who's going to be getting KO's regularly. What he does have is good timing, and he should be able to catch Thurman when he tries to come in. If they get into firefights on the inside, I expect Danny to be more accurate and busier.

It'll be close though. I'm really excited for this one.

Danny will win this fight pretty convincingly. Likely by late stoppage.

Do not pick Garcia !! Begone jinx
848240702.gif

Welp, I thought Thurman would have the edge, then I saw his stupid shadowboxing and attempted tough dog talk while the camera was rolling. Then I realized Danny has had way more high level fights and that x-factor probably goes a long way. Thurman might be more anxious than i originally thought.

Neither guy makes me go "huh, cool!" Especially since one went the distance with Leonard frickin Bundu and the other arguably lost to Herrera (who, admittedly is a day-ruiner for a few fighters).

I'm stoked for this one and think Thurman can win, too. Almost coin flip for me, but gut feeling---I see Garcia finding a way to out work him and I'm thinking he stops him inside the distance.

Tough one. I think if Thurman is disciplined in his boxing, and is patient he wins. If he starts swinging from the shoelaces Danny has a great shot at timing him on the way in.

I lean towards Thurman, but I've seen Garcia always find a way to win which is huge when your in tough with someone.

Thurman may have all of that as well but I haven't seen as much of it.

I still see this as a tough one for Danny, but I think Danny is the better boxer in that he knows exactly who he is and what he does best. Kieth seems like he's still figuring out who he is as a top-level fighter in a way. Going into this fight I feel like I know exactly what to expect from Garcia, but I'm not sure what Keith is going to do.

I am picking Keith to win because I think he has more advantages, but I am rooting for Danny to win this.

Back