Danny Garcia vs Adrian Granados PBC FOX April 20th

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
The Garcia-Granados fight will take place at some point in April.

Philadelphia’s Garcia (34-2, 20 KOs) lost his last fight to Shawn Porter (29-2-1, 17 KOs). Las Vegas’ Porter won their 12-rounder by unanimous decision to capture the then-vacant WBC welterweight title September 8 at Barclays Center.

Granados (20-6-2, 14 KOs, 1 NC), of Cicero, Illinois, called out Garcia before Garcia lost to Porter to months ago.

https://www.boxingscene.com/thurman-lopez-garcia-granados-santa-cruz-flores-set--133680

I saw Granados fight live once.
When he beat Amir Imam.

Was considered a pretty big upset at that time.

it's a fun fight Vs Garcia tbh.

The fight makes sense for Garcia. Granados is half-decent, too, even if this should be a clear win for Garcia.

Good to see Garcia getting back in there. He needs to be a little more active.

danny-garcia.jpg

Granados brings it every fight. If Garcia takes it lightly, he could lose, and id give Granados a somewhat decent shot at pulling it off.

War Garcia. Those fights with Thurman and Porter show he belongs among the top guys. Two narrow losses that may have been offset with a little more aggression. I fear his dad holds him back.

Looks like Gamboa would be part of This Card, nothing confirmed

García/granados fox head to head with Crawford/khan PPV both in nyc

Heavyweight contender Andy Ruiz Jr. takes on Alexander Dimitrenko in a 10-round bout in the co-feature.

unbeaten contender Brandon Figueroa battles Venezuela's Yonfrez Parejo in a 12-round match for the WBA Interim Super Bantamweight title that opens the primetime FOX broadcast that begins at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT.

Fighting out of Imperial, California, Ruiz (31-1, 20 KOs) was a two-time Mexican national champion at super heavyweight as an amateur, before embarking on a pro career that saw him win his first 29 fights. The 29-year-old lost a close majority decision against Joseph Parker in their 2016 world title fight and rebounded with victories over Kevin Johnson and Devin Vargas last year.

The 36-year-old Dimitrenko (41-4, 26 KOs) is a longtime heavyweight contender who has challenged top fighters throughout his career. Born in Russia but fighting out of Hamburg, Germany, he most recently lost to Bryant Jennings in a back and forth fight in August and owns wins over Derric Rossy, Adrian Granat and Miljan Rovcanin.

The 22-year-old Figueroa (18-0, 13 KOs) most recently delivered a dominant performance in knocking out Moises Flores in the third-round of their January fight on FS1. Representing Weslaco, Texas, the younger brother of former world champion Omar has a five-fight knockout streak that he brings into the ring on April 20.

A former interim champion and title challenger at bantamweight, Parejo (22-3-1, 11 KOs)

I was finally starting to be a Swift believer, I even saw alot in the loss to Thurman that made me a fan. After the Porter loss I was frustrated he didn't bounce back right away. I would hope he's still capable to outclass a guy like Granados. Hoping for a swift KO.

The World Boxing Council has announced that Danny “Swift” Garcia vs. Adrian Granados has been sanctioned for the WBC Silver welterweight title.

Back