Danny Garcia-Brandon Rios, Benavidez-Gavril II 2/17 Mandalay Bay

lmfao, dg won three very close decisions against peterson, herrera and lucas. one fihgt doesnt go his way and now hes salty
The Matthysse fight wasn't that close. Neither was the Peterson fight.
"I learned from the Keith Thurman fight not to leave anything in the hands of the judges. It was a close fight that could have gone either way. I have to go for the kill, so it is what it is," Garcia said.

I don't get all the Garcia hate. Any other fighter would be applauded for saying that.

I just don't see how Garcia thought that fight could have gone either way

"I learned from the Keith Thurman fight not to leave anything in the hands of the judges. It was a close fight that could have gone either way. I have to go for the kill, so it is what it is," Garcia said.

I don't get all the Garcia hate. Any other fighter would be applauded for saying that.
Yeah, and I didnt think the Thurman fight was close either

Most of the time he says it wasn't close and he was robbed and Thurman ran and the judges were awful so when he says it could have gone either way we don't applaud him because he's full of shit. Plus he's fighting Brandon fucking Rios instead of the half dozen other waaaay better fighters that tried to get him to fight them. Out of all the fighters in the sport this duck fuck deserves all the hate he gets.

"It's just a loss on paper. I feel like I won the fight, it is what it is," Garcia said. "It does bother me because I know I'm the better fighter, but I have to put it in the past. I don't let it bother me; you have to have thick skin and come back stronger. "

“Especially when you lose and you know you could beat the person...I’m old school, I believe you gotta whip the champion’s ass, like you gotta beat me the fuck up...after the fourth round like he just stopped fighting. If you watch it, he didn’t throw no punches in the last two rounds."

garcia-rios%20(12).jpg

Following that will be a spectacular tripleheader live on SHOWTIME that will be headlined by former two-division champion Danny Garcia (33-1, 19 KOs) battling former world champion Brandon "Bam Bam'' Rios (34-3-1, 25 KOs). In televised undercard attractions, 168-pound champion David Benavidez (19-0, 17 KOs) will defend his title against Ronald Gavril (18-2, 14 KOs) in a rematch and Yordenis Ugas (20-3, 9 KOs) takes on Ray Robinson (24-2, 12 KOs) in an IBF 147-pound title elimination bout.

"Boxing fans are in for a real treat on February 17 as six exciting bouts will unfold in two shows on two separate networks. There are no NFL games, no NBA games and no MLB games. So get ready to binge watch boxing all night,'' said Tim Smith, Vice President of Communications for Haymon Boxing. "These shows include something for every boxing fans - crossroads battles, championship clashes, contenders climbing the ladder to titles and a sensational prospect embarking on a brilliant career. It should be a fun night for the fans.''

Garcia/Rios will be more competitive than people expect, I bet.

Garcia/Rios will be more competitive than people expect, I bet.

Rios looked shot more than two years ago, and I highly doubt things have gotten better for him.

Rios looked shot more than two years ago, and I highly doubt things have gotten better for him.
Looked pretty good against Aaron Herrera.

Garcia is always in tough fights too.

Garcia can fight to the level of his competition, but he doesn't tend to struggle too much against fighters like Rios, let alone a shot to shit Rios.

Garcia has that issue where every single of his fights look really close, coin flip type of fights..

I don't think I"ve seen an impressive showing from him since Matthysse.

it's almost as if he's phoning in his performances...

like Nick Cage in all of his Netflix movies.

IT wouldn't shock me if Danny Garcia wins by SD.

Garcia has that issue where every single of his fights look really close, coin flip type of fights..

I don't think I"ve seen an impressive showing from him since Matthysse.

it's almost as if he's phoning in his performances...

like Nick Cage in all of his Netflix movies.

IT wouldn't shock me if Danny Garcia wins by SD.
I've said for a while that he stopped getting better when he fought Matthysse.

I'm calling it.

Danny Garcia wins, very narrowly against an over the hill, punch drunk Brandon Rios in a MD or SD.

I'm calling it.

Danny Garcia wins, very narrowly against an over the hill, punch drunk Brandon Rios in a MD or SD.
I think he'll stop Rios after looking like shit for 3 or 4 rounds.

I think Garcia will will win by clear decision or maybe late stoppage. He should be very motivated and just consistently out land Rios.

I think Garcia will will win by clear decision or maybe late stoppage. He should be very motivated and just consistently out land Rios.
Garcia's big problem is that he's always trying to replicate that hook that dropped Khan. When he was coming up, he always looked a little sloppy but he was more versatile.

Same thing happened to Juanma Lopez. Couldn't throw anything but that same hook.

Rios will get blasted the fuck out early.

His best quality was always insane durability but now his brain is scrambled. At this point taking that 147 pound left hook from Danny Mostly Cherries Garcia will probably kill him. Rios never had defense even at his best and right now he shouldn't even be medically cleared to fight. His own trainer quit because he didn't want him to fight anymore. He retired because he knew he was damaged goods but he came back because he's broke.

R.I.P you punch drunk idiot.

Back