Danny Garcia-Brandon Rios, Benavidez-Gavril II 2/17 Mandalay Bay

I've met mike garcia, hes really good, he doesn't even get affected by body shots, i sparred with him once. But didn't know it was him because i didn't know who mike garcia was at the tine this was earlier 2017.
The guy had beaten Salido and Juanma and you didn’t know who he was? Presumably if true you were sparring him before the broner fight. Something doesn’t seem logical about this story.

The guy had beaten Salido and Juanma and you didn’t know who he was? Presumably if true you were sparring him before the broner fight. Something doesn’t seem logical about this story.

including it not being a Mikey Garcia thread.

Not a fan of Rios but he shouldn't be exposed to punishment. Like everyone, he needs an income.

As stated earlier in the thread, Swift needs to fight better competition. Has the talent to hang with the best guys but isn't exposed enough.

Last edited:

I'm not a big boxing fan lol, the gym he sparred at was mendez boxing when he was in nyc, hes a nice guy too, i follow mma more then any combat sport.

When ya sparring pro's who has time to remember names.

"I think that is a good fight. I don't think Garcia is going to exchange with him because Brandon Rios will chop you up inside banging your body. He is just going to flow and box him. I think he gets the win on points - but if he stands in there with him and trades it is dangerous," Robert Guerrero told BoxingScene.com.

I don't picture Rios any brighter afterwards.

Jeez, Rios is only 31?? There's already a dramatic loss of his faculties already. He needs to stop fighting before he really winds up permanently fucked up, giving the sport another black eye.

Came here to basically say this. He’s been slurring his words for years now and has hung around for too long. Hate to see him go out this way.

So instead of morbid conversations about how Brandon Rios has mushed his brain, what’s your guys opinion on melanie Iglesias vs Lisa Ramos? I like Ramos more, thoughts?

http://www.boxingscene.com/yordenis-ugas-vs-ray-robinson-moves-garcia-rios-card--124411

BoxingScene.com has been advised that the IBF welterweight eliminator matching Yordenis Ugas (20-3) against Ray Robinson (24-2) will now take place on February 17th at the Mandalay Bay Events Center In Las Vegas on the Danny Garcia-Brandon Rios undercard.

The fight was originally scheduled for February 10th on the Mikey Garcia-Sergey Lipinets card. The main event was postponed this week when Lipinets injured his hand in training

Additional action inside the arena will feature 175-pound contender Lionell Thompson (19-4, 11 KOs) battling hard-hitting Edwin Rodriguez (29-2, 20 KOs) in a 10-round matchup, lightweight contender Ladarius Miller (14-1, 4 KOs) and former world champion Argenis Mendez (24-5-1, 12 KOs) clashing in a 10-round showdown and former top-ranked amateur Joe Spencer will make his pro debut against Uriel Gonzalez (1-2-1, 1 KO) in a four-round 154-pound bout.

• YORDENIS UGAS vs RAY ROBINSON
  • EDWIN RODRIGUEZ vs LIONELL THOMPSON
  • LADARIUS MILLER vs ARGENIS MENDEZ
  • ANDRES CORTES vs TBA
  • BRIAN GALLEGOS vs TBA
  • AVA KNIGHT vs TBA
  • JONATHAN ESQUIVEL vs CAMERON BURROUGHS
  • JOE SPENCER vs URIEL GONZALEZ

lmfao, dg won three very close decisions against peterson, herrera and lucas. one fihgt doesnt go his way and now hes salty

He's a fucking baby. Him and his pile of shit father retired from boxing the night of the Thurman loss saying if the judges are going to just steal your belts that the sport doesn't deserve an incredible fighter like Danny.

So instead of morbid conversations about how Brandon Rios has mushed his brain, what’s your guys opinion on melanie Iglesias vs Lisa Ramos? I like Ramos more, thoughts?

Rather Melanie but not like its a runaway. Feel Rios will not be able to talk by the end of his career, sad fate mate.

lmfao, dg won three very close decisions against peterson, herrera and lucas. one fihgt doesnt go his way and now hes salty

He's a fucking baby. Him and his pile of shit father retired from boxing the night of the Thurman loss saying if the judges are going to just steal your belts that the sport doesn't deserve an incredible fighter like Danny.

IMO he checked out of the sport awhile ago. I don't think it's a coincidence that he constantly fights to the level of his opponent - and sometimes he ends up looking poor. I think he legitimately thinks he can tailor how hard he works before a fight with how good he thinks his opponent is. That's pure speculation but I'm basing it on his performances and on things he's said about his love of boxing (or lack of it now). He's doesn't strike me as the type of guy who gives each fight 100% of himself. And because of that, he gets into the ring, his opponent does something he wasn't expecting and he has to work that much harder to adjust.

I have to imagine he took Thurman pretty seriously but like Garcia/Broner (where people were overselling Broner's one good camp in years) it's going to take more than one 8-12 week camp to get you ready for an elite fighter when you've been fighting sub-par competition. Guerrero, Paulie, Vargas; all of these guys are far from the cream of the crop (Paulie would've been a good challenge at one point but he was long past his best here).

He wasn't managing his career like he wanted to constantly climb the ladder. He was managing it like he wanted to maximize his pay. Nothing wrong with that, I'm all for guys trying to make as much money in boxing as they can (it's gonna take a lot out of them regardless). But I think in doing that, he did himself a disservice by not keeping his tools sharp.

Back