Danny Cherries Only Garcia vs Brandon Rios

Look at his choices.

You want the Khan rematch or a fight with the ghost of Erik Morales?
I'll take Morales. Again!

You want the Khan rematch now or a punch drunk Zab Judah.
I'll take Judah please.

Mattysse wants a rematch. You interested?
Nope I'm fighting Herrera and then Salka.

Pacman is interested in fighting you for your biggest payday ever!
No thanks, I need to really test myself with Paulie Malignaggi.

The Floyd Mayweather lottery ticket is coming your way!!
No. I really need to fight the worst guys out there for the least amount of money so I'm taking on Robert Guerrero.

Okay you can choose between Porter which will give you another shot at Thurman or Spence who is the biggest up and coming guy in boxing or Horn who kind of sucks but it's a easy road to a legit belt. Who is it gonna be?!?!
I want Brandon Rios.

Plus the fact when he fought his best opponent ever and lost there was serious talk of his retirement for many days after because his racist asshole Father and trainer wanted him to leave the sport because of the "horrible robbery" in a fight he clearly lost. He doesn't want big fights. He takes them every few years when he has no other option because the boxing world calls him on his shit. That is my definition of a cherry picker. Guys like Floyd and Pac earned the right to do that shit. Garcia didn't.
See the thing is that I dont disagree hes made some lame moves lol.

There's a strange coalition between Floyd, Canelo and Garcia fans. They don't fight the same style. They are not ethnically the same. The only thing they have in common is a very cautious, risk averse approach to managing their careers and picking fights.
You really just compared Floyd and Canelo with Danny? You have some serious agendas.

Geez I wonder who's gonna win this fight...

You want the Khan rematch or a fight with the ghost of Erik Morales?
I'll take Morales. Again!
To be fair about this one, Morales had a rematch clause. Garcia had no choice in the matter.

Brandon Rios since 2013:

281Eftu.gif

Apparently Collazo is trying to get Danny to fight him instead of Rios.

Honestly I would prefer almost anyone over Rios at this point just because he does not need to take any punches from anyone ever again. He's gonna get himself killed.

lol at Brandon Rios being a cherry.

There's a strange coalition between Floyd, Canelo and Garcia fans. They don't fight the same style. They are not ethnically the same. The only thing they have in common is a very cautious, risk averse approach to managing their careers and picking fights.

I think you're imagining things.

He's not actually a cherry, Sean, he's a real person, albeit a person with severe brain damage, but still a living human being, nonetheless.

This also brings about another question: If Brandon Rios were to be an actual cherry, what kind of cherry would he be?

He's not actually a cherry, Sean, he's a real person, albeit a person with severe brain damage, but still a living human being, nonetheless.

This also brings about another question: If Brandon Rios were to be an actual cherry, what kind of cherry would he be?

Ripe.

I think you're imagining things.

Given Seano and PU03's collective post count, I think they qualify as a coalition. And they're constantly defending the careful fight making those guys have done.

We love the management part of boxing.

Don't know why he didn't take the Horn fight.
Easy title fight.
But Rios is still game and brings it. He'll likely get boxed up but Garcia will probably try to take it to him at certain points.
It's been awhile since the Thurman fight so I understand this from Garcia's camp. Still he should be able to beat Horn with relative ease.
DG I assume will have a big fight early next year. If not then hes a complete idiot.

Last edited:
Given Seano and PU03's collective post count, I think they qualify as a coalition. And they're constantly defending the careful fight making those guys have done.
Reading comprehension can be difficult.

Don't know why he didn't take the Horn fight.
Easy title fight.
But Rios is still game and brings it. He'll likely get boxed up but Garcia will probably try to take it to him at certain points.
It's been awhile since the Thurman fight so I understand this from Garcia's camp. Still he should be able to beat Horn with relative ease.
DG I assume will have a big fight early next year. If not then hes a complete idiot.

because it would be in australia and if horn did get it to the final bell there is a chance that garcia would lose.

and nothing is easy at 147 for danny garcia.

Garcia is always going to be in competitive fights.

this.... his style..physical tools...size equal tough fights w/anyone who has a chin, a base level of skills and some aggression imo

He RETIRED in 2015 because of brain trauma and physical injuries that prevented him from training properly anymore. He gave a whole speech about how he wasn't the same guy he used to be and he was afraid of leaving his wife and kids behind. He even went so far as to say he thought he retired too fucking late and that his life was already ruined by boxing.

Two years later he is fighting a guy who has one loss in a close fight he swears he won with the undefeated welterweight champion of the world and that isn't a cherry pick? Danny could be fighting any of the other top three guys in the division but he chooses the poster boy for traumatic brain injury and that isn't a cherry pick? He could be one win away if he fought Porter from another shot at the only guy who ever beat him who happens to have the belts but he chooses Rios instead and that isn't a cherry pick?

Defending Danny's resume is one thing but defending a possible fight with Brandon Rios is fucking pathetic.

He RETIRED in 2015 because of brain trauma and physical injuries that prevented him from training properly anymore. He gave a whole speech about how he wasn't the same guy he used to be and he was afraid of leaving his wife and kids behind. He even went so far as to say he thought he retired too fucking late and that his life was already ruined by boxing.

Two years later he is fighting a guy who has one loss in a close fight he swears he won with the undefeated welterweight champion of the world and that isn't a cherry pick? Danny could be fighting any of the other top three guys in the division but he chooses the poster boy for traumatic brain injury and that isn't a cherry pick? He could be one win away if he fought Porter from another shot at the only guy who ever beat him who happens to have the belts but he chooses Rios instead and that isn't a cherry pick?

Defending Danny's resume is one thing but defending a possible fight with Brandon Rios is fucking pathetic.

Rios just fought in june.
I'm saying its not a cherry pick. Rios doesn't have a title, he doesn't have drawing power. He's just a guy for Garcia to beat up coming off of a loss. I think its weird how everyone hates on Garcia for doing what literally every pro fighter does.

When I ask myself "what's more likely? Seano and PUO forming a strategic alliance to defend these guys for some larger purpose, or two guys just happen to like the same fighters for their own reasons, I tend to think the latter is the simpler explanation. I try not to assign motive to peoples thoughts; psychology is a soft science, armchair psychology doubly so.

Back