Danish Greco-Roman Olympic Medalist Mark O. Madsen wins 3rd MMA fight by Brutal Guillotine

Here's his MMA debut from 2013 against some complete can who was 0-1 going into his match-up with Madsen and is now 0-5 on this day, so take it with a grain of salt.

Still looks extremely impressive, dare I say Brock Lesnar-esque.

And what the fuck is the referee doing?! What an idiot. He could've stopped it 30 seconds earlier.

Holy shi* what a choke, and he dropped the guy like he wasn't shite. Madsen is a fkn animal

Here's his MMA debut from 2013 against some complete can who was 0-1 going into his match-up with Madsen and is now 0-5 on this day, so take it with a grain of salt.

Still looks extremely impressive, dare I say Brock Lesnar-esque.

And what the fuck is the referee doing?! What an idiot. He could've stopped it 30 seconds earlier.

DayummMmm. This guy is tough as nails it appears, but if he fights top competition I doubt he man handles them like these guys in these vids. Mabye he does who knows.

Fierce!

A dick move dropping the dead guy like that, though.

Dude looks like a monster in there. Damn...

I agree though, bit rough the way he dropped his opponent. I know he's fired up, but combined with the late stoppage it's not a good look.

Organizations should start to seek more for retired olympic wrestler, it's a good talent pool.
Strong and athletic guys, who probably didn't earned to much with olympic wrestling and probably don't have to many options after their career.

btw. Poland has also one

Looks like Pat Cummins, does not fight like him

Organizations should start to seek more for retired olympic wrestler, it's a good talent pool.
Strong and athletic guys, who probably didn't earned to much with olympic wrestling and probably don't have to many options after their career.

btw. Poland has also one

Yeah, although you're certainly right that they're "A-level athletes" on Sherdog standards, Olympic wrestlers are still a somewhat problematic talent pool for MMA. You have to take into account that these guys already are, almost without exception, at the very twilight of their wrestling careers when a transition to MMA even becomes a feasible option to think about.

In terms of the wear and tear these dudes have on their bodies from a lifetime of training and competing, they better have an affinity for the non-grappling areas of MMA from the get-go or there's just not going to be enough time to get the striking up to par for the highest levels of MMA. Wrestlers who come out of a high level international career free from any major injuries have got to be exceptions more than a rule.

And thanks for the heads-up on this Janikowski guy! He's only 28 so I wonder though if he is still going to try to get to the Tokyo Olympics for 2020. I don't know him from his wrestling career, gonna watch his MMA fights today.

I mean he may make a big org and do okay but being 33 and basically just starting your career at a lower weight is not a recipe for success. It works much better at HW but this dude is 170, I doubt he does much but he may wind up in Bellator and get a few highlights before a more experienced guy stifles him.

Back