Daniel Cormier vs. Cain Velasquez - Why It Should Have Happened

"Just because they would have been fighting each other in The Octagon doesn't mean that they would have had to take anything that happened in a fight between them personally!"

Sorry TS you can't project your values onto them. If it's personal to them that's all that matters.

I've heard DC say multiple times how much he respects cain and owes his career to him, fighting him is not something he would ever want That's up to him, he's fought everyone else they've put infront of him including the greatest UFC HW and the most dangerous LHWs of all time.

A fight between those two guys back around 2010 or 2012 would have been a classic! We were deprived of seeing that fight because, according to DC, he wasn't willing to fight his good friend. In my opinion, that's not a good reason for DC to have moved down to LHW when you consider how successful he had been at HW and that he had suffered kidney problems from cutting weight. Those issues should have outweighed his reluctance to fight his friend. After all, MMA is a sport - it's not streetlights.

Just because they would have been fighting each other in The Octagon doesn't mean that they would have had to take anything that happened in a fight between them personally! They both would have been trying to win but again, it's nothing personal against the other. There is no mature, rational reason for DC to have gone through what he had to go through in cutting to 205 pounds jut to not fight Cain. I'll go as far as to say that if Cain were as good a friend as DC makes him out to be, then considering DC's kidney issues, Cain wouldn't have wanted his friend to move down to LHW!
I have the same problem when I have to face my mate' team in rugby. It really affects you mentally because it Mae's the situation really awkward particularly when you are very close buddies since high school days. I know I can easily get the better of him but I hesitate to pull the trigger because I dont want to hurt him.

Back