Daniel Cormier Still At Odds with Being Handed the UFC Belt Jon Jones Took From Him

Can you link what DC said?

They asked him about making the weight and he said everything was on track but I will bring a towel just in case and laughed. Then Jones jumped all over that which was hilariously hypocritical. He knows what he did.

I have no problem with the situation of Jones being stripped but they should not handle that belt to DC, he didn't win neither was a draw, the fight was ruled to NC, they should give it back to the UFC and use it for the next PPV, he should keep using his old belts IMO

I'm a huge DC fan,but i won't say he lost because of Jones being on PEDs.I believe DC would beat Jones that fought with OSP,hell even now when we know Jones was on PEDs he was doing pretty good until that head kick,its not that big of a difference peds or not.It all comes down to style and match up.You can put Edgar on any peds you want,he is NEVER beating Aldo,no matter what.Fact is Jones is more diverse from DC and has many advantages that are hard to over come.Jones always had a God like TDD,with his size making it even harder to wrestle with,always had a strong chin and even OSP connected with big shots and nothing happened to that clean version of Jones.
Who knows,maybe DC would have won this one if it wasn't for that head kick,but it happened and he lost.

Let's say Jon and DC were playing Checkers and DC was already up 3-0 games on Jon. On the 4th game, DC gets up to go take a leak, and Jon screws with the board to gain an advantage while DC is away. Then DC comes back and Jon wins the game BUT there's a hidden camera in the room that shows Jon clearly cheated. DC is not now 3-1 against Jon. He's still 3-0 and hasn't yet lost to Jon, because Jon cheated and made that game void. He's not "better" than DC and DC should have zero reason to feel bad that he "lost" to Jon. Stupid analogy, I know, but that's how I see it.

But what if DC peed hot? the mind boggles!

thats why he should drop them and move to HW to start fresh
Not the worst idea actually. He hates the cut to LHW and HW is perpetually weak. Cain doesn't look like he's coming back any time soon. Might as well defend the LHW belt once or twice more, then challenge Stipe.

They asked him about making the weight and he said everything was on track but I will bring a towel just in case and laughed. Then Jones jumped all over that which was hilariously hypocritical. He knows what he did.
I think it's very possible, I wouldn't say that evidence is strong enough for a conviction, but either way roid abuse is not just next level, it's multiple levels up.

I have no problem with the situation of Jones being stripped but they should not handle that belt to DC, he didn't win neither was a draw, the fight was ruled to NC, they should give it back to the UFC and use it for the next PPV, he should keep using his old belts IMO
No Contest means the fight never happened. If DC and Jones never fought who would be champ?

He's looking at it wrong. He needs to realize that Jon lost the fight before he entered the cage. He cheated by taking illegal substances. Had the test results come out prior to their fight, the fight would never have happened and DC would have went on to face the next contender. Jon once again took himself out of competition, leaving DC as the rightful champion.

Let's say Jon and DC were playing Checkers and DC was already up 3-0 games on Jon. On the 4th game, DC gets up to go take a leak, and Jon screws with the board to gain an advantage while DC is away. Then DC comes back and Jon wins the game BUT there's a hidden camera in the room that shows Jon clearly cheated. DC is not now 3-1 against Jon. He's still 3-0 and hasn't yet lost to Jon, because Jon cheated and made that game void. He's not "better" than DC and DC should have zero reason to feel bad that he "lost" to Jon. Stupid analogy, I know, but that's how I see it.

DC acknowledges all of that, what bothers him is that he knows he didn't win the fight with somebody he despises. DC could care less that Jon was on the juice or coked out of his mind because he knows he got finished and lost for the second time to somebody that he feels he is superior to in every way. As much flak as I've given DC I definitely respect him more for admitting this and not trying to strut around like a peacock.

I don't blame him. USADA is a shitshow. If they can't protect their champ from getting KTFO by a guy supposedly "all roided up", than what the fuck good are they.

How exactly are they supposed to be able to get the pre fight sample tested in time? They collect the samples and then get them to an independent WADA accredited lab (USADA of course doesn't do the testing themselves), and as long as they do that as quickly as possible they've done what they can. They can't change how long the lab takes to get the tests done and it's not done overnight.

What good are they? They have improved the testing and caught plenty of cheaters so that's what good they are. Of course they won't be able to get everyone, we've seen the most tested athlete in the world get away with cheating, but the more the better.

These GSP nut huggers turned a LHW discussion into a boy scouts morality contest. Bunch of mouldy old pussies playing with their illusions of good behaviour, while fixated in a Lance Armstrong figure inside MMA.

That's what I've been saying. Regardless of whether Jones cheated or not, the manner in which he got knocked out is something you can't easily erase from your mind, especially as you have to wonder how much steroids affected Jones deciding to set up and execute a head kick, if at all.

That fight was supposed to be an MMA match. An MMA match is supposed to go according to the rules of MMA. Jon had steroids in his system so it wasn't according to the rules and therefore it wasn't an MMA match. Just like if Conor high kicked Floyd, he wouldn't have been able to say "I won a boxing match". So yes DC, you still are the MMA champ, you never lost your belt in an MMA match so how couldn't you be?

No Contest means the fight never happened. If DC and Jones never fought who would be champ?

Jones won the first fight and there was no punishment given out regardless of speculation. He is the better man no matter what way you slice it.

Steroids don't give you the skills to place a well-timed kick. Jones is the champ, clean or dirty.
tumblr_otw11q0WX31r7vh24o1_500.gif

Back