Daniel Cormier Still At Odds with Being Handed the UFC Belt Jon Jones Took From Him

That's the words of a man who is not only completely honest with himself, but also secure enough to share these feelings with the world.
We already knew that from his waterworks display at the end of his last fight.

A) We have no idea what impact it had on his weight.
B) We have no idea he did it on purpose to have an impact if it did have an impact.
C) It benefited Rumble in a way.
D) It is not in the same league as steroid abuse.
Do the towel thing 10x. Report back with your findings.

When you prove he did not move the towel to simply be able to see the scale, and prove he did it with the intention of cheating, I will do so.

When you prove he did not move the towel to simply be able to see the scale, and prove he did it with the intention of cheating, I will do so.

giphy.gif

Cormier should just move to heavyweight, put this lhw shit behind him. Or at least challenge stipe while he has the lhw belt so he gets paid. Fuck his allegiance with cain, he deserves to compete where he wants.

Dude he can't. He's lost a lot of muscle since the HW days. Look at those shoulders he used to have. He would have to build back up to what he was but he's getting too old now.

We all know old HW DC steam rolls Jon jones especially clean.

I'm saying he's a hypocrite for crying about cheating. Go on a scale and do the towel thing 10x or 100x. Tell me your findings.

We already went through that in the past. Plenty of DC haters tried it and managed to lower their weight, but for some reason none of them could replicate it on video. One guy managed to replicate it leaning on his kitchen counter top, but couldn't fathom how it wasn't even remotely the same thing.

The idea of a No Contest sucks or at least the phrasing does.

It does, because it shouldn't be a NC.

There was a contest. Jones cheated and disqualified himself. He should have a DQ loss there. Rather than attempt to win the fight, which he knew he couldn't do, he cheated.

DC is a hell of a man. If he's not totally happy, why not fight for it? He's already beaten Rumble and Gus. If he beats Volkan then there's no doubt he's the best LHW in the world. Fuck Jon.

“Dana White called me and he said if it’s a no contest, then the fight didn’t happen,” Cormier said last week on UFC Tonight. “If one of you guys would have missed weight, he would have won the fight, you still would have kept the belt. He said cause of that, the championship is getting returned to you. The fight is a no contest.

“If he cheated, he could not have fought and cheated and still won the fight. So once again, I’m the UFC champion.”

That's the easy part. Cormier is a smart man. He understands that, logically, he was cheated. The sport was cheated. The fans were cheated. When the fight was changed to a no contest, it's as if the fight never happened.

Only, it did happen. That's where things get muddy.

Cormier understands that he is the rightful owner of the UFC light heavyweight championship. But, while the record books can be erased, his memories of the fight can't.

“I am (the champion) because if the competition was unfair then I guess it doesn't count. But I know what UFC 214 was. I experienced it myself. I was there,” he continued. “In my mind, I lost the competition. So, it is kind of an odd question right now under the circumstances.

“To me, the competitor, it's very difficult.”

Before he found out that he would be reinstated as champion, after he had lost to Jones for a second time, Cormier was so upset that he wanted to throw his UFC belts away. His wife stopped him.

He instead settled for putting them away in a closet, where they remain. Despite logic dictating his circumstance, Cormier isn't ready to face those belts.

“Yes, I am the champion. I didn't get a fair shake; that's not cool. But I know I lost the last fight. I have to fix that before I can feel completely secure in my title again.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/daniel-cormier-still-odds-being-handed-ufc-belt-120727421--mma.html

Not his fault IMO.
He will have to come to grips that Jon couldn't face him without unjust advantage.
Yes, he lost. But the guy that won cheated.

That's a thing that he would have face Jon if/when Jon is allowed back... if he is still active and beat him to erase the doubt.
But IMHO as soon as another top contender fights him, and he beats that person, he will feel like he's the champion again.

Jon cheated. He needs to accept this reality... (if it is proven that this is true).

now this is a man i can admire
he is true to himself and the situation
He should fight volkan or gus and cement his championship status

My one reply to you for the thread, it feels wrong smashing you in arguments.
474577258.jpg

You don't smash anybody: you are not capable of rational arguments you illiterate cunt.

DC never won the belt. It's Jones belt, DC knows it so well he wanted to destroy the ones he had at home.

While possible he cheated that cheating helped Rumble. If DC was overweight and Rumble won DC would still be champ. But we have only speculation about DC's weight, we have verifiable evidence Jones took roids. The two are not comparable.

No: you have evidence he tested positive. This does not prove he TOOK it. You're a Chael fan and think everybody behaves like Chael?

Dude he can't. He's lost a lot of muscle since the HW days. Look at those shoulders he used to have. He would have to build back up to what he was but he's getting too old now.

We all know old HW DC steam rolls Jon jones especially clean.
Silva-Cormier-Strikeforce-0911-4358.jpg

I agree.

People seem to forget how much bigger DC was at HW back in the day. If DC went back to HW now, he might just be bloated.

A) We have no idea what impact it had on his weight.
B) We have no idea he did it on purpose to have an impact if it did have an impact.
C) It benefited Rumble in a way.
D) It is not in the same league as steroid abuse.

He cheated. He was even laughing about it at that Jones press conference. That is not really up for debate. He definitely cheated. It's a minor infraction when you put things in perspective I understand. But he did cheat.

He cheated. He was even laughing about it at that Jones press conference. That is not really up for debate. He definitely cheated. It's a minor infraction when you put things in perspective I understand. But he did cheat.
Can you link what DC said?

Back