Daniel Cormier Still At Odds with Being Handed the UFC Belt Jon Jones Took From Him

They should nullify the rest of Jon's title fights then. <TheWire1>

He's looking at it wrong. He needs to realize that Jon lost the fight before he entered the cage. He cheated by taking illegal substances. Had the test results come out prior to their fight, the fight would never have happened and DC would have went on to face the next contender. Jon once again took himself out of competition, leaving DC as the rightful champion.

Let's say Jon and DC were playing Checkers and DC was already up 3-0 games on Jon. On the 4th game, DC gets up to go take a leak, and Jon screws with the board to gain an advantage while DC is away. Then DC comes back and Jon wins the game BUT there's a hidden camera in the room that shows Jon clearly cheated. DC is not now 3-1 against Jon. He's still 3-0 and hasn't yet lost to Jon, because Jon cheated and made that game void. He's not "better" than DC and DC should have zero reason to feel bad that he "lost" to Jon. Stupid analogy, I know, but that's how I see it.

But he lost the first fight too. So it's gonna mess with him for a while. But he'll be ok. It just sucks you know?

“Dana White called me and he said if it’s a no contest, then the fight didn’t happen,” Cormier said last week on UFC Tonight. “If one of you guys would have missed weight, he would have won the fight, you still would have kept the belt. He said cause of that, the championship is getting returned to you. The fight is a no contest.

“If he cheated, he could not have fought and cheated and still won the fight. So once again, I’m the UFC champion.”

That's the easy part. Cormier is a smart man. He understands that, logically, he was cheated. The sport was cheated. The fans were cheated. When the fight was changed to a no contest, it's as if the fight never happened.

Only, it did happen. That's where things get muddy.

Cormier understands that he is the rightful owner of the UFC light heavyweight championship. But, while the record books can be erased, his memories of the fight can't.

“I am (the champion) because if the competition was unfair then I guess it doesn't count. But I know what UFC 214 was. I experienced it myself. I was there,” he continued. “In my mind, I lost the competition. So, it is kind of an odd question right now under the circumstances.

“To me, the competitor, it's very difficult.”

Before he found out that he would be reinstated as champion, after he had lost to Jones for a second time, Cormier was so upset that he wanted to throw his UFC belts away. His wife stopped him.

He instead settled for putting them away in a closet, where they remain. Despite logic dictating his circumstance, Cormier isn't ready to face those belts.

“Yes, I am the champion. I didn't get a fair shake; that's not cool. But I know I lost the last fight. I have to fix that before I can feel completely secure in my title again.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/daniel-cormier-still-odds-being-handed-ufc-belt-120727421--mma.html

I wasn't cheated. I was very entertained.

He also never won it.
My one reply to you for the thread, it feels wrong smashing you in arguments.
474577258.jpg

My one reply to you for the thread, it feels wrong smashing you in arguments.
474577258.jpg

You know what the deal is man. He won it without really winning it. He had a title shot against the actual champion. He talked mad shit, and hyped the hell out of it. He lost. Then the actual champ began throwing his life away. DC will always be known as the guy holding a belt he never really won. By his own comments of late he obviously knows this to be true.

“I still haven’t put those back up,” Cormier said. “I tried to throw them away but my wife wouldn’t let me. So I just put them away in my closet. I’m still not at the point now where I can take all these belts out and face them every day.”

He shouldn't feel bad. Jon needed to cheat, again, to face a 38yo man whom he had every conceivable physical advantage on. Yes, in the fight DC lost, but who knows how much of an effect Jon's cheating had on the fight itself. For all we know, without roids and whatever else, Jon doesn't have the power or stamina to land that kick that was the beginning of the end for DC. In actuality, that's probably the exact truth

As far as i'm concerned, DC and Jones are 0-0 right now. Jones was never clean, and has cheated his whole career. He already was blessed with being one of the tallest fighters, and has the longest reach at 205, and also youth being a young fighter. Having superior strength, cardio, size, and explosive ability came from PED's. And i'm sure cutting weight was much easier on him as well from PED's. Add all those up and you can see why he looked so damn good. He had no weak areas, since the PED's filled in whatever he was lacking.

This is kind of like saying "The girl of my dreams would have married me, had my chief romantic rival not been so good looking, and rich, and also had a huge cock"

Damn shame..

You know what the deal is man. He won it without really winning it. He had a title shot against the actual champion. He talked mad shit, and hyped the hell out of it. He lost. Then the actual champ began throwing his life away. DC will always be known as the guy holding a belt he never really won. By his own comments of late he obviously knows this to be true.

“I still haven’t put those back up,” Cormier said. “I tried to throw them away but my wife wouldn’t let me. So I just put them away in my closet. I’m still not at the point now where I can take all these belts out and face them every day.”
While somewhat true, DC still earned the belt he has, it was not given to him. DC went to war with Jones and was a near even match, first fight was clearly a Jones win, but it was close. Add in the fact that Jones is a PED cheat and his only fight he looked to be off PEDs Jones looked terrible and I think DC beats clean Jones because Jones needs the PEDs for the mental effect it has on him more than the physical effect. My personal opinion, it's very possible Jones without the PEDs is full of self doubt and is unable to perform well, and that Jones would have lost twice to DC.

Roid Jones is 2-0 Vs. DC, not clean Jones.

What Jones did is even more egregious because he could have robbed DC of two victories, he stole those opportunities from DC.

This is kind of like saying "The girl of my dreams would have married me, had my chief romantic rival not been so good looking, and rich, and also had a huge cock"

Damn shame..
Being good looking, well endowed, and earning money is not cheating.

It's more like saying the girl of my dreams would have married me had my rival not spread lies, photoshopped images, and paid women to tell her I was cheating when I wasn't.

Being good looking, well endowed, and earning money is not cheating.

It's more like saying the girl of my dreams would have married me had my rival not spread lies, photoshopped images, and paid women to tell her I was cheating when I wasn't.

Come on you know only a woman or a really gay dude would do any of that shit..

“If one of you guys would have missed weight, he would have won the fight, you still would have kept the belt.

“If he cheated, he could not have fought and cheated and still won the fight. So once again, I’m the UFC champion.”

That's the easy part. Cormier is a smart man. He understands that, logically, he was cheated. The sport was cheated. The fans were cheated. When the fight was changed to a no contest, it's as if the fight never happened.

Only, it did happen. That's where things get muddy.

Cormier understands that he is the rightful owner of the UFC light heavyweight championship. But, while the record books can be erased, his memories of the fight can't.

“I am (the champion) because if the competition was unfair then I guess it doesn't count. But I know what UFC 214 was. I experienced it myself. I was there,” he continued. “In my mind, I lost the competition. So, it is kind of an odd question right now under the circumstances.

“To me, the competitor, it's very difficult.”

Before he found out that he would be reinstated as champion, after he had lost to Jones for a second time, Cormier was so upset that he wanted to throw his UFC belts away. His wife stopped him.

He instead settled for putting them away in a closet, where they remain. Despite logic dictating his circumstance, Cormier isn't ready to face those belts.

“Yes, I am the champion. I didn't get a fair shake; that's not cool. But I know I lost the last fight. I have to fix that before I can feel completely secure in my title again.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/daniel-cormier-still-odds-being-handed-ufc-belt-120727421--mma.html

023_Daniel_Cormier.1491584861.jpg

<{hughesimpress}>

Come on you know only a woman or a really gay dude would do any of that shit..
How hot is the girl in question :) I definitely see that as more something a female would do though I agree.

Still, even if we say the physical difference is negligible (which it probably isn't), we have no idea how Jones would be mentally on fight night. A lot of people who start cheating have to keep doing it because of purely mental reasons and they are unable to perform without their crutch. We really have no idea if Jones would have won. What we do know is Jones had JUST been caught with PEDs, and took them again anyways. I can't imagine he risked it because he was confident he would win without them. I think clean Jones would have lost more than likely.

While possible he cheated that cheating helped Rumble. If DC was overweight and Rumble won DC would still be champ. But we have only speculation about DC's weight, we have verifiable evidence Jones took roids. The two are not comparable.

While possible he cheated that cheating helped Rumble. If DC was overweight and Rumble won DC would still be champ. But we have only speculation about DC's weight, we have verifiable evidence Jones took roids. The two are not comparable.

Yeah, cheating is ok when you can get away with it.

<{hughesimpress}>

And you can bet DC's stamina would have suffered if he did ahve to make weight. That's why he chose the easy way out.

Yeah, cheating is ok when you can get away with it.

<{hughesimpress}>
A) No proof he cheated.
B) Is Rumble better off able to win the belt or not?
C) are you saying what DC did, if he did it, is equal to steroid abuse?

How hot is the girl in question :) I definitely see that as more something a female would do though I agree.

Still, even if we say the physical difference is negligible (which it probably isn't), we have no idea how Jones would be mentally on fight night. A lot of people who start cheating have to keep doing it because of purely mental reasons and they are unable to perform without their crutch. We really have no idea if Jones would have won. What we do know is Jones had JUST been caught with PEDs, and took them again anyways. I can't imagine he risked it because he was confident he would win without them. I think clean Jones would have lost more than likely.

The problem with Jones is he leaves us with so many frustrating questions. Some of which you are touching on. We know he ran through a division like nobody ever saw. When did he start cheating? Nobody knows? What impact it had? Again nobody knows. He basically ruined his own legacy and DC's at the same time. Jones for cheating and DC for losing again, and it being likely the last time they ever fight. Only Jones could foul up so bad.

A) No proof he cheated.
B) Is Rumble better off able to win the belt or not?
C) are you saying what DC did, if he did it, is equal to steroid abuse?
I'm saying he's a hypocrite for crying about cheating. Go on a scale and do the towel thing 10x or 100x. Tell me your findings.

The problem with Jones is he leaves us with so many frustrating questions. Some of which you are touching on. We know he ran through a division like nobody ever saw. When did he start cheating? Nobody knows? What impact it had? Again nobody knows. He basically ruined his own legacy and DC's at the same time. Jones for cheating and DC for losing again, and it being likely the last time they ever fight. Only Jones could foul up so bad.
It's quite a shame Jones personality is so toxic, because the dude is definitely such a great fighter.

I'm saying he's a hypocrite for crying about cheating. Go on a scale and do the towel thing 10x or 100x. Tell me your findings.
A) We have no idea what impact it had on his weight.
B) We have no idea he did it on purpose to have an impact if it did have an impact.
C) It benefited Rumble in a way.
D) It is not in the same league as steroid abuse.

Back