Daniel Cormier reinstated as UFC Light Heavyweight Champion

Do u Agree w This Decision?

• Total voters
2x paper champ
When the guy who beat you is caught cheating the win should not count. DC beats everyone else & was well on his way to beating Jones before Jones' cheating juice kicked in & gave him the strength to do what he otherwise could not do.

ie... DC is the legit champ. (no paper involved.)

If I were Cormier I wouldn't even want the belt. At least not like this. Dude got brutally KO'd and beaten for the second time by Jones. Now he gets the belt back because of a technicality.

The LHW division is more of a joke than the FW division. Jones really fucked up here.....again. I just can't get excited about any LHW fights now.

I wish DC had a chance to fight him clean. It sucks to end on this note.

Reasonable decision but it doesn't change much as far as perception for the belt.

Jones will be the most talked about subject for every LHW title fight going forward. That was the same situation since the start of DC's reign. Even the breaking of the news has substantially less talk about DC himself.

It's an unfair deal for DC but he's fighting in the wake of something that eclipses his legacy. Nothing can really be done to change that outside of scrapping the division for 225 for a clean slate or going back to HW.

All this because Jones was too afraid to go into this fight without his broke-dick pills.

Even he says "I lost"

So it does nothing for him. Sad because he knows it..

no hes not. its vacant to real fans like me

should be him vs gus or volkan for the belt

lol what a joke, should've fought for a vacant title. NC or not he still got KTFO.

definition of paper champion

has the belt without winning the belt from the previous champion. we all know theres another 205er that can kick his ass

Paper champ x2.

How can you be reinstated when you weren't ever the champ to begin with?

This is your champ
dick-vigarista-e-mutley.gif

And this is his fanbase
source.gif

If I were Cormier I wouldn't even want the belt. At least not like this. Dude got brutally KO'd and beaten for the second time by Jones. Now he gets the belt back because of a technicality.

The LHW division is more of a joke than the FW division. Jones really fucked up here.....again. I just can't get excited about any LHW fights now.
That "technicality" is likely the only reason Jones was able to KO DC in the first place. It's known as cheating. It give you more endurance, more power, etc... So DC should be just as happy with the belt as he was before he got cheated upon. I think he should make Mark Hunt his official spokesperson. :D

Such a stupid situation for DC. I mean, yeah he lost and he accepts that. But there will always be the PED factor and the question of whether he actually loses to Jon on an even playing field. Well, for what its worth, Jon Jones himself didn't believe that he could win without cheating.

Stupid situation we find our selves in, all thanks to a pathological liar, druggie, multiple time cheat. It is what it is and DC is still my champ.

Daniel-Cormier.png

Last edited:
How? He lost to a cheater. That loss was turned into a No Contest.

just seems bitchmade to me. jones was thought to be clean sat night when they fought. he got busted after when the sample results came in. he should be stripped and banned and whatever and then you leave the belt vacant for dc and some1 else to fight for. the decision on fight night was jones by knockout in the 3rd. im ok with them changing it to a NC for record purposes after the fact like if some1 gets busted for PEDS but the belt shouldnt get rewarded back to the prev. holder. you cant erase history and pretend the bout never happened. the orig ruling wasnt a NC it was a KO and for almost a month he was no longer the ufc champ.

their needs to be a cutoff time where if X amount of time has passed since the bout you shouldnt get the title back. the fight was late july and in september dc is being reinstated as champ, thats just corny as shit to me

Back