Daniel Cormier ready to fight Gustafsson or OSP if legal troubles sideline Oezdemir

Andretti

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Speaking recently on The Anik & Florian Podcast, Cormier said that if Oezdemir’s recent legal struggles are going to get in the way, he will gladly fight Alexander Gustafsson or Ovince Saint Preux next.

“Of course, I’d fight any of these guys. It doesn’t matter. This guy’s on the longest win streak in the division so he was getting the title shot but if this trouble is gonna keep him out of the opportunity, I’ll just go to the next guy. So of course I’d fight Gustafsson and someone told me yesterday that Team Ovince Saint Preux was like, ‘We want a title fight because we’ve got a good winning streak too.’ Whoever is winning gets the title shot, that’s just the way it is. I don’t care who it is.”

After Cormier was reinstated as champion following Jon Jones’ drug test failure, he began calling for Oezdemir as the next challenger for his title, saying that Oezdemir was “something new, something different” as opposed to a rematch with Gustafsson. Ironically, Oezdemir’s legal troubles now appear to be more of the same for Cormier, who has been more affected by the extracurricular struggles of Jones than anyone else. For Cormier, it’s just another instance of a fighter putting himself in a bad situation.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/11...int-preux-if-legal-troubles-sideline-oezdemir

Gus is the fight to make and I'm still baffled how he wasn't the original choice to start with...

As much as I'd like to talk all that hot shit about Oezdemir THUG ROSE-ing DC, I feel Oezdemir is destined to lose that fight via wrestlefuck

OSP would get demolished I can't see anyone buying into thinking he has a snowflake's chance in hell of winning that fight

Gus is the fight to make and I'm still baffled how he wasn't the original choice to start with...

Probably, I would guess, cuz he's already been given a lot of chances before, and he's not really a draw, and people want to see some different match ups? I know that's how I feel. Don't get me wrong; Gus could easily be the second best fighter in the division - but he's had his chances.

Probably, I would guess, cuz he's already been given a lot of chances before, and he's not really a draw, and people want to see some different match ups? I know that's how I feel. Don't get me wrong; Gus could easily be the second best fighter in the division - but he's had his chances.

Gus has only fought 2 times in the last 2 years since his split loss to DC. I see him being a good matchup but his inactivity has hurt his crowd drawing potential.

What is wrong with people, the first fight was a barn burner and an extremely close fight. Make the Gus rematch, nobody wants to see Cormier lay on OSP.

damn, having to fight fucking OSP for the title. look what the LHW turned into

he legitimately ducked gus. he created a poll on his twitter on what shold be the next move, gus vs volkan was first, gus was second and volkan was THIRD. then he comes and declares that volkan was the winner, like ????? and that was it

but it seems like gus have a minor injury or something, so maybe if volkan is sidelined eh would indeed have to fight OSP

OSP would be a nice warmup I guess. Hard to imagine it being competitive.

Ariel seems to think Gus has some kind of injury atm though, so I guess he could fight OSP at 220 then defend against gus in the middle of the year.

he legitimately ducked gus. he created a poll on his twitter on what shold be the next move, gus vs volkan was first, gus was second and volkan was THIRD. then he comes and declares that volkan was the winner, like ????? and that was it

but it seems like gus have a minor injury or something, so maybe if volkan is sidelined eh would indeed have to fight OSP

I said the exact same thing a month or so ago when he made the poll / asked people.

All I saw was "Gus" all over his twitter from hundreds of people then he gets the Volkan fight! Madness.

DC vs Volkan
Gus vs OSP
Manuwa vs Shogun
Glover/Crikunov winner vs Manuwa/Shogun winner

Simple as that.

Gus has only fought 2 times in the last 2 years since his split loss to DC. I see him being a good matchup but his inactivity has hurt his crowd drawing potential.
It was not split decision loss, it was unanimous decision (4:1).

Love gus and want him to win the belt some day but hes almost as active as jones these past couple years without the “banned from competition” excuse

MAKE THE GUS FIGHT!

WAR GUS!

Back