Daniel Cormier: McGregor Would Pick Tony Ferguson Apart

DC is a racist. That's all. You can tell that he was so butthurt when Kevin Lee got his ass handed to him by a Mexican.

It doesn't matter who the voice of reason Is, or what their credentials / experience are..There are people who are just so blinded by their own confirmation bias that they will vehemently attack anything that doesn't match that narrative.

DC said what most of us did. What most people who actually have some stirking experience have said. Tony has a lot of holes In his striking game that would land him In a lot of trouble against Conor.

It's very difficult to see Tony winning this fight on the feet. He needs to get this fight down.

It doesn't matter who the voice of reason Is, or what their credentials / experience are..There are people who are just so blinded by their own confirmation bias that they will vehemently attack anything that doesn't match that narrative.

DC said what most of us did. What most people who actually have some stirking experience have said. Tony has a lot of holes In his striking game that would land him In a lot of trouble against Conor.

It's very difficult to see Tony winning this fight on the feet. He needs to get this fight down.
It's going to be easier to tighten up Tony's striking defense then Connie learning ground defense or just effective grappling in general .

I can guarantee you that .

Conor has never also fought anyone that unorthodox either.

You guys don't get that Conor's the underdog here and his little rag tag team are trying to run like chickenshits .

His little coaches have to speak for him because he's to big a bitch to come out and say I'm afraid to get down with tony .

It's time he puts up or shuts up .

If that's to much to ask from him .He can vacate and go let Pauline beat him up now .

That's would be a fun time and nice check for him also . He can just go make millions being a talking heavybag .

Last edited:
its not a easy fight for neither Conor or Tony.

if you think Nate is a better fighter then Tony, agree to disagree, but Nate is not a easy fight for nobody in the division. not sure why anybody can say that Nate is a gatekeeper, this is not true, he is clearly in the top 5. id however favor Tony vs Nate, as like we saw in the RDA vs Nate, Nate is useless on the ground and tony is a savage there.

Personally, i think Tony will win vs Conor, he has never been KO'd before, and when mcgregor is being pressured (which Tony will do), he seem to struggle to establish his striking. if conor cannot KO Tony early in the fight (which is possible) Tony will pick him apart

I have a feeling that cucuy is unstoppable and in the head of mcgregor for some reason. Tony elbows, submission skills and good chin make for a very dangerous match up vs Conor. wouldnt bet my house on el cucuy though but yeah, hell of a fight and I have a feeling conor will fall.

Uh, no. You brought up a common opponent, that's MMAth. I brought up another common opponent.

Also bringing up their UFC records is really idiotic. Nate Diaz has faced better comp and when they were at their peak, not just big names past their prime, and fought at WW. One of those losses is to Rory fucking MacDonald. Do you think Ferguson has much of a chance against Rory?

I quoted below where you brought up the MMAmath. Nice try though.

Bringing up their win / loss records is idiotic? I'm pretty it's a pretty good metric for determining how often a fighter wins and loses.

Which great fighters exactly has Nate beaten at their peak?

Nonsense.

Who the fuck has he beat?

Josh Thomson was on the downswing of his career, far past prime.

Good win against RDA but did some dirty shit.

He's been cracked in like his last 5 fights, McGregor will piece him up and put him away probably in the very first round. He's not sticking around like Diaz did.

He is a poor man's Diaz. And Khabib would have grinded him into dust.

Most likely yes, especially early on. But, imagine if Tony survives it, and then starts to put the pressure on.

Tony isn't Floyd to just wait while neutralizing Conor's offense.

Lee could land clean shots on Tony and so will Conor.

Conor lasted 5 rounds with Diaz who is the cardio king, he obviously have some idea how to pace himself lol.
If you know anything about fighting then you would know why Conor always gasses and that is because his movement is not efficient at all, his reactions to feints are so huge and he throws his whole body into the shots. That's why he will forever gas in fight. If you don't believe me just keep on watching.

Conor lasted 5 rounds with Nate because Nate was also gassed as fuck and was not in good shape. And Conor had to run and put his hands on his hips a la Kimbo. He will not get that chance with Ferguson.

And RDA landed nothing big on Ferguson for 5 rounds so he definitely knows how to be defensive if he wants.

Tony doesn't have the defense of FMJ. Either he's catching bombs, or Conor isn't throwing that much = not gassing as fast as he did before.

If this fight stays on the feet, Tony either fights timidly, or gets KO'd. His no defense pressure style is tailor made for Conor.

If he can get Conor down, of course Tony would probably submit him.

Conor's not a total idiot - he's been pacing himself better. I don't think Tony can take the same shots that Nate did.
Ferguson doesn't have the defense and catches only bombs yet he somehow didn't catch a single bomb from RDA for 5 rounds. People are judging Ferguson now just based on his fight with Lee.

Watching Ferguson and Lee fight felt like Conor is years ahead.. Ferguson will be easy fight.
Watching Conor and Nate fight if felt like Ferguson is years ahead of two guys who gassed super bad after 2 rounds while Ferguson went 5 rounds with RDA at Mexico.

I quoted below where you brought up the MMAmath. Nice try though.

Bringing up their win / loss records is idiotic? I'm pretty it's a pretty good metric for determining how often a fighter wins and loses.

Which great fighters exactly has Nate beaten at their peak?
Where did I bring up MMAth in that post?

I think you're confused by that term.

It is idiotic in this circumstance, as I already pointed out in my post you mong. Diaz is better than his record indicates, and has faced tougher competition than Tony. Tony's streak is padded and has faced big names on the downswing of their careers. I don't even count Diaz's win against Gray Maynard, likewise Tony's win against Thomson is not very impressive when given context. Going by win loss and nothing else is easily absurd, if one fighter is 10-10 against top 5 in the world, and another has a "20 fight streak" against fringe top 20, does the guy with the 20 win streak really have a better record? Is Khabib flat out the best in the world because he is 8-0 in the UFC and undefeated in his career? If Khabib was 15-0 in the UFC and didn't have a top 10 win is that better than 4-1 against top 5 opponents? I think judging them by their fights and the attributes shown in those fights is a far better metric than blindly looking at their records. BJ Penn is 16-12-2 for his career, he went 5-5 from the first time he faced GSP to the second time he lost to Edgar.

Nate Diaz beat McGregor, the LW champion. The same McGregor that if he found Tony's chin as often as he found Diaz's (and he will, Diaz has far better defense and range than Tony) will have him sitting on a stool with tweety birds floating around his head and doctors shining lights in his eyes.

Where did I bring up MMAth in that post?

I think you're confused by that term.

It is idiotic in this circumstance, as I already pointed out in my post you mong. Diaz is better than his record indicates, and has faced tougher competition than Tony. Tony's streak is padded and has faced big names on the downswing of their careers. I don't even count Diaz's win against Gray Maynard, likewise Tony's win against Thomson is not very impressive when given context. Going by win loss and nothing else is easily absurd, if one fighter is 10-10 against top 5 in the world, and another has a "20 fight streak" against fringe top 20, does the guy with the 20 win streak really have a better record? Is Khabib flat out the best in the world because he is 8-0 in the UFC and undefeated in his career? If Khabib was 15-0 in the UFC and didn't have a top 10 win is that better than 4-1 against top 5 opponents? I think judging them by their fights and the attributes shown in those fights is a far better metric than blindly looking at their records. BJ Penn is 16-12-2 for his career, he went 5-5 from the first time he faced GSP to the second time he lost to Edgar.

Nate Diaz beat McGregor, the LW champion. The same McGregor that if he found Tony's chin as often as he found Diaz's (and he will, Diaz has far better defense and range than Tony) will have him sitting on a stool with tweety birds floating around his head and doctors shining lights in his eyes.

You're doing an awful lot of blah blah but you're not listing all of these huge wins that Nate apparently has over Ferguson?

Last 5 years:

Ferguson - 10-0 , wins over Lee, Dos Anjos, Barboza, Thomson.

Nate Diaz - 4-4 wins over McGregor, MJ, Maynard and Miller. Losses to McGregor, Henderson, Thomson, RDA.

There is literally no metric you can use to say Nate Diaz is a better fighter aside from your clearly biased opinion.

If you know anything about fighting then you would know why Conor always gasses and that is because his movement is not efficient at all, his reactions to feints are so huge and he throws his whole body into the shots. That's why he will forever gas in fight. If you don't believe me just keep on watching.

Conor lasted 5 rounds with Nate because Nate was also gassed as fuck and was not in good shape. And Conor had to run and put his hands on his hips a la Kimbo. He will not get that chance with Ferguson.

And RDA landed nothing big on Ferguson for 5 rounds so he definitely knows how to be defensive if he wants.

Nate gassed becauae he was in bad shape ? It makes more sense to say he gassed because of all them punches he took in his head lol

RdA didn't land anything big on Tony ? I recomend you watching the first 2rounds again.

I'm very curious to see how this match up
Plays out ... no doubt Conor is gonna land and drop Tony at some point in the fight BUT will it be a KO or TKO .. Tony hasn't been stopped his whole career via strikes ... if Conor can't put him away Tony's chances of winning the fight increase dramatically

Watching Conor and Nate fight if felt like Ferguson is years ahead of two guys who gassed super bad after 2 rounds while Ferguson went 5 rounds with RDA at Mexico.
Conor KO'd RDA without even fighting him.

Cormier is the Saltiest/Most Senstive Man in MMA.....How in the hell does he call himself an analyst?

It's clear that he has a problem with Ferguson so he picked against him.

Get some real analyst in there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

delusional

Connor has done nothing but focus on his boxing over the past several weeks while every other fighter has been trying to juggle everything. He's more dangerous now than ever, imo.

Back