Daniel Cormier: McGregor Would Pick Tony Ferguson Apart

hes right, conors striking is no match for tony. i see an easy TKO within the first two rounds

gettyimages-513970776-nate-diaz-conor-mcgregor-ufc_3426985.jpg

.... or he might get blasted and choked out like he did against Gatekeeper Diaz.

Anyone who knows fighting can see it.

Tony will wait, like Floyd, until Conor gasses because it will happen eventually and then just smash him.

Tony did that to Lee and he will do it to Conor too. Tony via 3rd round sub

Conor has no idea how to pace himself and he was dead tired in 5 round fight against Nate.

Tony is like Nate Diaz, except better in every facet of MMA (besides boxing)

Dude has a better gas tank, has a more complete pressuring style than Nate, has more dynamic BJJ/wrestling, and isn't going to do stupid shit like flip you off and pointless slaps.

Cormier is the Saltiest/Most Senstive Man in MMA.....How in the hell does he call himself an analyst?

It's clear that he has a problem with Ferguson so he picked against him.

Get some real analyst in there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see this fight going two different ways. Early finish by Conor or Late submission by Tony. Either way. I'm pumped if it happens.

Cool. Sign the contract and make it happen then. Get that easy win and that easy money.

I don't doubt that Conor can definitely beat Ferguson, but he needs to defend his title already and prove it.

Ferguson is no match for Conor. Not until the third round, wont last that long though

Tony is by far Conor's most favorable match up of all potential match ups.

Next is Gaethje.

Tony will wait, like Floyd, until Conor gasses because it will happen eventually and then just smash him.

Tony did that to Lee and he will do it to Conor too. Tony via 3rd round sub

Conor has no idea how to pace himself and he was dead tired in 5 round fight against Nate.

Tony doesn't have the defense of FMJ. Either he's catching bombs, or Conor isn't throwing that much = not gassing as fast as he did before.

If this fight stays on the feet, Tony either fights timidly, or gets KO'd. His no defense pressure style is tailor made for Conor.

If he can get Conor down, of course Tony would probably submit him.

Conor's not a total idiot - he's been pacing himself better. I don't think Tony can take the same shots that Nate did - Eddie Alvarez supposedly had godly recovery as well, and afaik, has never been rightfully KO'd, despite the brawls he's been involved in. Conor put him on queer street pretty damn quickly.

Last edited:
Cormier only said that Because Tony was cussing him out on twitter yesterday and telling him whats what.

Conor would be exhausted after only a few minutes with a guy like Tony, Tony is way too creative and crafty in the striking for Conor too, will beat him up easily and choke him out. Its a squash match, Conor has nothing for him. Fight won't happen though, Conor is scared to death of Tony, he wants nothing to do with him.

"Do you see how he's hanging his chin up when he's throwing punches?...You do that against McGregor you're getting sniped"

Factual

Shots like the one Conor blasted Aldo with coming in would pretty much be there all night for him, Tony is ridiculously reckless.

Last edited:
Picks him apart for sure for a round or two but the fact is Conor is prone to fatigue and Tony is known for pushing the pace and fighting aggressively deep into a bout.

The central question of the fight is can Conor finish Tony within the first eight minutes of the fight. He has great timing, good power, great instincts. If he catches Tony with the right shots, maybe he drops him and puts him away. But if he can't do it, he is going to have a hell of a time sustaining his efforts into the championship rounds when Tony is coming after him, putting gloves on him continually.

If Tony was more chinny, it would be an easier fight to predict for conor. But he's got awesome recovery and has never been put away by strikes despite getting wobbled multiple times. I feel like it's a tough fight for either guy but Conor has to put him away if he wants to win.

DC just dislikes Tony cause Tony called him out on his bs.

Watching Ferguson and Lee fight felt like Conor is years ahead.. Ferguson will be easy fight.

Back