Daniel Cormier Makes Light of UFC 214 Memes: ‘I’ve Been Doing This Crying Since I Was a Kid’

Dang.....Straight off sherdogs main newsfeed page.lol

DC has a good sense of humor, even when the jokes are brutal. haha

<DCrying><36>

dc.jpg

Now that UFC 214 is in the rearview mirror and he has been reinstated as light heavyweight champion, Daniel Cormier can poke fun at himself for crying after what initially appeared to be a loss on July 29.

On Friday, “DC” posted a photo of himself on the podium in a similar emotional state after losing a wrestling tournament years ago.

“People putting the photo of me crying don’t realize it’s ok lol,” Cormier wrote. “I been doing this crying since I was a kid lol. Here’s another one for y’all this is me crying on the awards stand at the junior nationals after losing in the finals.”
Read more at http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Da...-Since-I-Was-a-Kid-130523#eOZIC753e8xIJi3v.99

How anyone can not like DC is beyond me.

I like DC a lot, he's a really good guy imo and I have no problem with him admitting this. Kinda takes a man to be honest about it and he's an emotional guy, so no gripes here

I like his commentary too. What's really impressive is that he started MMA at like 31 and went on to be champ. He's also a durable mf and a tank, the guy finished Rumble twice.. That is awesome tbh

I actually understood his standpoint too when he said Rumble came up to him cordial, smiled in his face, then went over to Jon Jones and started giving him tips on how to fight DC.

You're either on DC's side or you're not. He seems like a loyal person and cares a lot about his teammates. AKA is lucky to have him honestly and I will be paying to watch him fight Volkan, another good fighter who has been smoking these guys

Glover is delusional, I think Cormier would run through him. I like Glover too, but he'd get ragdolled by DC. Maybe another win and he can get his shot. But not right now

The man has represented his country at the olympics (in a country that is rife with wrestlers), won a strikeforce HW tournament, fought and beat the best of the best and lost to a phenomenal fighter (who has popped multiple times).

He deserves nothing but respect and admiration from fans.

I think he comes across as a bit of a corny fella, but I respect him completely, he's an inspiration and role model to any aspiring athelete.

That's it.

War DC!

I'm not a massive fan either.

Honest question: did anyone said that Pulver was a pussy every time he cried? I wasn't watching mma back in those days

Tyson cried like crazy before fights when he first turned pro. Even though he was dispatching the head from bodies his emotion was afraid of losing and letting the people around him down.

having that kind of emotional IQ is above the crowd around here, but most people didnt think his crying after losing such a big fight was a big deal

"Every time someone beats him up he ends up crying." You mean the ONE fight where he was kicked in the head by a roided up Jones??

You've got it wrong. DC famously cried the first time he lost to Jones as well, thats why this became a 'thing.'

Guys - we watch hundred of fighters lose in the UFC literally every year. Virtually none of them cry. DC is most certainly an outlier for crying uncontrollably, for minutes, in public, on camera, both times he lost.

I'm not knocking DC for it, but there is no reason to pretend its common behavior among UFC fighters, which is demonstrably untrue. However if you've ever watched behind the scenes videos of DC, he is constantly clowning and bullying everyone around him. Teammates and training partner, and DC openly admits he's the guy who messes with everyone in the locker room.

He's spent his entire life as the alpha jock and a bully. Getting wrecked by Jones is an unusual experience for a guy who's personality is built around being the big dog.

<DCrying><36>

dc.jpg

Now that UFC 214 is in the rearview mirror and he has been reinstated as light heavyweight champion, Daniel Cormier can poke fun at himself for crying after what initially appeared to be a loss on July 29.

On Friday, “DC” posted a photo of himself on the podium in a similar emotional state after losing a wrestling tournament years ago.

“People putting the photo of me crying don’t realize it’s ok lol,” Cormier wrote. “I been doing this crying since I was a kid lol. Here’s another one for y’all this is me crying on the awards stand at the junior nationals after losing in the finals.”
Read more at http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Da...-Since-I-Was-a-Kid-130523#eOZIC753e8xIJi3v.99
DC GOAT LHW

I love watching DC talk. As a man with a badly receded hairline, I pull the same tactic he does.

Complement and show envy towards another guys hair... Talk major shit about them, then follow it up with one more hair envy comment.

People let you be as rude to them as you want if they think you envy them. Plus if they get pissed at you they go after your hair because they assume its a nerve by how much you refer to it.

DC is on my level of mind-jedi

The problem with crying when you lose and gloating when you win is it makes you look like a sore loser. Otherwise I would have no problem with him crying every tiime he loses. It just looks bad when he talks so much smack after he wins and every time someone beats him he ends up crying. It's pathetic.
Goes way back to that whole "thrill of victory and the agony of defeat" thing from wide world of sports

<DCrying><36>

dc.jpg

I saw the post he made on Instagram about it and was laughing. At least DC keeps it real.

Back