Daniel Cormier: “I’m not afraid of Stipe. Why would I be?

KevinLee

✮ ✮ RICH KING LIVING IN JEI'S HEAD✮ ✮
@Brown
Reaction score
GIF-UFG.gif

“I’m not trying to say I’m afraid of Stipe. I swear I’m not afraid of Stipe Miocic. Why would I be?” Cormier told MMAWeekly. “It just did not make sense right now. I don’t mind fighting him again. It’s not like it was the hardest fight.”
I do appreciate that he’s being vocal because shit man, maybe if he had done that in the beginning, maybe we would have made some money,” Cormier said. “The pay-per-view didn’t do that well because we did not make money. Obviously, issues sell. Maybe he’s trying to stir the pot a little bit to get some interest in our fight.”

TS, what's the point?

This is just random.

DC is scared of popeyes running out of chicken.

Literally no one said Cormier was afraid of Stipe.... or did Stipe?

<LikeReally5><Goldie11>

GIF-UFG.gif

“I’m not trying to say I’m afraid of Stipe. I swear I’m not afraid of Stipe Miocic. Why would I be?” Cormier told MMAWeekly. “It just did not make sense right now. I don’t mind fighting him again. It’s not like it was the hardest fight.”
I do appreciate that he’s being vocal because shit man, maybe if he had done that in the beginning, maybe we would have made some money,” Cormier said. “The pay-per-view didn’t do that well because we did not make money. Obviously, issues sell. Maybe he’s trying to stir the pot a little bit to get some interest in our fight.”

Just because theres so much more interest in Lewis- Cormier fight. Makes sense.

<LikeReally5><Goldie11>
Stipe said hes afraid and thats why he didnt wanna give him a rematch. Fans have been saying this as well. Read the damn thread it saids it right there

Last edited:
I don’t like the upcoming dc fight, but a rematch with stipe also doesn’t make sense

All I know is that one minute you were too injured to compete, the next minute you are taking a fight against a man you are openly saying you think is going to be easy money. Those are the facts..

Higher pay and weaker opponent is absolutely a fair reason for accepting a specific fight while injured and turning down another

DC is like that friend who beats you once at Madden or 2k and won’t play you again because they know 9/10 times you whoop their ass.

TS is posting because there's been a ton of people on here saying DC is ducking Stipe rematch.

DC knocked out Stipe in Round 1. He's got very few fights left. YES, it could be argued he should not be burning one of his few fights left on Black Beast. That said he was asked to step up and save a big card and he did that. DC ducks nobody. He beats everyone (except Jones....but I'd love to see a third fight)

I don't think DC is scared. But, I think his non stop eye pokes changed the fight heavily.

Was same situation with Romero/costa/gus

Romero was too injured to fight costa, but for a higher pay and title on the line was willing to fight through the injury (vs Gus)

TS, what's the point?

This is just random.
don't mind him, he never makes good threads.

as far as the actual thread goes, yeah i don't think anyone except stipe thinks DC is scared of a guy he just flatlined in 1 round, some people just think stipe deserved a rematch because he had a couple defenses.

I used to like Stipe, but he is so salty after that loss. Even Rockhold admited the loss to Bisping a few weeks after Mike knocked him out. Stipe will probably call out DC even after Cormier retires.

"I do appreciate that he’s being vocal because shit man, maybe if he had done that in the beginning, maybe we would have made some money"
This is ridiculous. They admit that they have these little social media tiffs for the sole purpose of selling fights. Meaning that they're fake. Why do people buy into it? It's so stupid.

one would have to be a fucking idiot to think DC is afraid, he knocked Stipe's ass dead in 1 round with EASE and it would happen again because Stipe hasn't changed his shit defense in years

<LikeReally5><Goldie11>
Maybe it's because he's facing Lewis who said he's not ready for a title shot rather than one of the most accomplished HW's in the UFC. I feel like stylistically DC is one of the worse matchups for Lewis considering he gets taken down almost every fight by much lesser grapplers. Lewis for sure can KO him though.

Back