danahers back dvd preview

What I also found interesting was his choking mechanics. He doesn’t favor the normal RNC as he believes you’re squeezing to construct the neck. His analogy is the bow and arrow choke where it’s like a hangman noose. It far more powerful.

I like his hand fighting system. I think many people understand isolating one arm with your leg, so you have a free arm to choke at will. But he put it in a system. Someone on YouTube had done an analysis of the DDS squad back attack and figured out their was a system they were working off of.

On another topic, it’s funny someone posted a click where Danaher is showing a banana split position and attacking the free leg.
I am finding the dvd very helpful and I think he explained the finishing mechanics excellently. I have seen a few people finish RNCs with that rotation/pull back motion instead of collapsing in. I really like that for most chokes. RNCs, guillotine, darce, lapel brabo, whatever. Anything where you can cut across into the arteries as you compress is very powerful I think.

I learned a lot from the section on choking through the jaw also.

I am finding the dvd very helpful and I think he explained the finishing mechanics excellently. I have seen a few people finish RNCs with that rotation/pull back motion instead of collapsing in. I really like that for most chokes. RNCs, guillotine, darce, lapel brabo, whatever. Anything where you can cut across into the arteries as you compress is very powerful I think.

I learned a lot from the section on choking through the jaw also.

I dont lke that rotation pull back, rather compress the sht out of the neck, never fails me and I dont need to have the forearm under the chin, With the RNC compression motion, you can no problem choke through the chn

What I also found interesting was his choking mechanics. He doesn’t favor the normal RNC as he believes you’re squeezing to construct the neck. His analogy is the bow and arrow choke where it’s like a hangman noose. It far more powerful.

I like his hand fighting system. I think many people understand isolating one arm with your leg, so you have a free arm to choke at will. But he put it in a system. Someone on YouTube had done an analysis of the DDS squad back attack and figured out their was a system they were working off of.

On another topic, it’s funny someone posted a click where Danaher is showing a banana split position and attacking the free leg.

Yeah now that I bought the set I see that there is much more gold than that preview. I'm looking forward to trying that finish at Open mat tomorrow.

OK just got it an watched the first video.

I agree 100% with everybody who complains about his wordiness. I watched the video at between 2.3x - 3.3x speed to avoid that. The quality of the video is enough so that you can do that, thankfully.
Also agree 100% on "rear naked strangle". Come on. The video is long. The first video is 94 minutes, I feel like somebody who is concise yet exact (like Gui or Braulio) could've done this video in 15 minutes.

On comparisons to MGinaction and AOJ websites. There is definitely some overlap so far. But not all overlap. In this video, there are at least a few things I have not seen taught at AOJ (it's been a while for MGinaction).
Defense to the ankle lock from superior back. Defense to escape to weak side, head on the ground. There's a lot more theoretical justification that helps you understand it better.

So far, so good. Explanations are good, all makes sense. Some of the stuff is taught by others already. Theoretical framework is good.
I am looking forward to the next videos.

Because the first DVD is a lot of review for me, I feel secure commenting on it even though I have not tried out the couple of new things in training yet.

One more big thing for anybody looking to get it. There's a discount going on right now. Something like code: digitalchapters will give you 30% off. Big deal on a $200 set.

Back