Dana: You take the belt’ to stop McGregor from holding up the division is Dana finally waking up ?

TS clearly doesn't remember Dana pulling Conor from UFC 200 for missing a press conference. Dana loves McGregor and rightfully so but he's never let him run unchecked.

WME is the one refusing to strip Conor..

Dana is just the front for the company, you guys are such small minded dummies... getting in your feelings and bitching about Dana..

WME doesn't care about the sport, they care about the $$$

They dont want to tarnish their golden goose.

They'll let him keep the title until he defends.

TS clearly doesn't remember Dana pulling Conor from UFC 200 for missing a press conference. Dana loves McGregor and rightfully so but he's never let him run unchecked.
Dana never let Conor run unchecked ? Where have you been for last 2 years lol ? Dude has turned the sport to a circus thanks to Dana White.

That was before Conor owned the UFC.
What has he done in the ufc since winning the second belt and getting the first one stripped? Nothing. He went into boxing and lost.

Until an official announcement, obligatory pic:

dnB4qqk.jpg

Wouldn't it just make more sense to have everyone compete for the interim title rather than the real thing?

Think about how much more legitimate it makes the sport. Real belts don't mean shit.

It's all about that interim, baby

Tough talk from Dana.

It has been fifteen months with no defense already.

I think Dana is disappointed Conor is this afraid. He wants him champ but what can you do? He already turned the company into the McGregor show. I think it's funny.

i think that was the fertitta bros, not necessarily dana.

It's about the money. Dana might end up stripping Conor because Conor is a professional fighter, and if he isn't fighting, he's not selling PPVs and bringing money into the UFC. So Dana is weighing opportunity costs here: On the one hand, if Conor does fight as champion, he is going to sell so many PPVs that he will make the UFC tons and tons of money. On the other hand, Dana is slowly bleeding money by not having a LW title fight that interests casual fans (interim titles just aren't as marketable). I'm not saying that it will be today or anytime soon, but eventually, Dana will reach a tipping point where the losses he faces by Conor not fighting outweigh the potential gains of Conor returning. At the end of the day, it's all about the money.

He says this but a month from now, when people ask him about he'll say they have talked and Conor will come back. Than he'll drag this out for another six months.

Dana's not calling the shots.
Yeah that's what I meant. I don't think Dana wants to take Conor's belt away anyway. He's just pretending like he does to please the fighters & fans who are pissed. Fact is Conor makes WME a lot of money & he can do whatever he wants right now. If he threatens not to fight for the UFC if he is stripped, they won't strip him. Sure he was stripped of the 145 belt, but he had no intention of fighting at 145 anymore. Dude looked like a skeleton at 145 weigh-ins.

Back