Dana WMMA UFC ~ Men

Dana recently boasts UFC women can make as much as men vs other sports where guess he suggests bigger disparity. Maybe to a certain extent but hardly a good comparison especially considering most men don’t make much either.

Guessing from my casual observation Women do have less sports earning options then men but there is one sport, well sort of a sport, figure skating Women tend to make more $ via sponsorship.

What sports can Women make high $?

Tennis, Golf (cringe calling it a sport but they do get paid well), can’t think of many others, track but as Dana mentions much less than men, so MMA could be among the higher options. Ironic since not to long ago Dans scoffed at WMMA potential but he did change as a proponent and can take credit now.

RIZIN also giving women a boost.
Golf is one of, if not the, hardest sport on the planet

The pros make it look easy, go watch your average golfer chop it around in 90-100 to understand just how good the likes of mcilroy and spieth are

Golf is one of, if not the, hardest sport on the planet

The pros make it look easy, go watch your average golfer chop it around in 90-100 to understand just how good the likes of mcilroy and spieth are

That's as ridiculous as saying that "Golf isn't a sport". Golf is a sport, those guys or girls are good - but no reason to be calling it "one of, if not the, hardest sport on the planet".

That's as ridiculous as saying that "Golf isn't a sport". Golf is a sport, those guys or girls are good - but no reason to be calling it "one of, if not the, hardest sport on the planet".

Golf has one of the largest and toughest talent pools on the planet. It's a premier sport, unlike MMA.

Golf has one of the largest and toughest talent pools on the planet. It's a premier sport, unlike MMA.
Are you sure? Stats, links?

Because I'd doubt it:
on top of being lame, isn't golf fucking expensive and very time consuming?

Well MMA men are paid peanuts for the most part. Not really tough to match that and make it more "equal"...

Real Madrid paid over 500 million euros for Ronaldo and made that back in shirt sales in like a week. Let´s see any woman generate that kind of revenue.

For the most part female elites are on the level of highschoolers/College freshmen. That´s just not going to generate the same kind of sponsors or audience numbers.

So ehhh synchronized swimming?

500 million? You sure about that number, champ?

Are you sure? Stats, links?

Because I'd doubt it:
on top of being lame, isn't golf fucking expensive and very time consuming?

Just google it, there is plenty of information out there. Every bit of data you can find shows that in terms on viewing audiences, revenue, talent pool size and overall participation levels, golf is one of the worlds leading sports. It's way bigger than MMA, that's for sure.

Plus MMA gyms and most grappling classes, especially BJJ, aren't cheap either. MMA is certainly one of the more expensive sports to take up.

That's not something to be proud of. Women aren't a draw, no one gives a shit.

I wasn't comparing it to MMA. Obviously far more people play golf than are doing MMA. That, however, doesn't make it "tougher". I'm not stating the obvious, as in it's not as physically grueling, but merely saying that there's lots of variables to take into consideration.

First and foremost though, I was simply saying that the "if not THE toughest sport"- comment is pretty silly.

I wasn't comparing it to MMA. Obviously far more people play golf than are doing MMA. That, however, doesn't make it "tougher". I'm not stating the obvious, as in it's not as physically grueling, but merely saying that there's lots of variables to take into consideration.

First and foremost though, I was simply saying that the "if not THE toughest sport"- comment is pretty silly.

But the point is, it's much harder to be successful in a sport like golf than it is in MMA. It's about numbers and levels, not which more physically demanding to perform.

Just google it, there is plenty of information out there. Every bit of data you can find shows that in terms on viewing audiences, revenue, talent pool size and overall participation levels, golf is one of the worlds leading sports. It's way bigger than MMA, that's for sure.

Plus MMA gyms and most grappling classes, especially BJJ, aren't cheap either. MMA is certainly one of the more expensive sports to take up.

If I were able to find it on the spot, I wouldn't have asked.
I don't care about revenue and viewing audiences, just talent pool sizes.
F1 is big but it's obviously not as deep, talent wise.

How many train Golf as 16 year olds or so?

But the point is, it's much harder to be successful in a sport like golf than it is in MMA. It's about numbers and levels, not which more physically demanding to perform.

It is, to a certain degree. But then we would also have to look at the details, such as: Which demographic is playing golf compared to doing mma? Let's say golf is a sport for the rich kids (and elderly people of the upper middle class/upper class segment), which is probably true to some extend.

What's tougher to make a living off of? There's lots of people playing golf, but do they have actual determination, or are they just playing for fun/recreational purposes?

Now, golf is a pretty popular sport when it comes to doing numbers on tv. Why is that? Is that because the rich dudes running the tv station are rich guys playing golf and therefore focusing on broadcasting their favorite sport?

LOTS of variables here.

And I'm not even disagreeing with you in general, golf is certainly one of the biggest sports around.

If I were able to find it on the spot, I wouldn't have asked.
I don't care about revenue and viewing audiences, just talent pool sizes.
F1 is big but it's obviously not as deep, talent wise.

How many train Golf as 16 year olds or so?

Loads of people play golf in South East Asia. I'm sure that alone will blow MMA participation levels out of the water. MMA is possibly more popular than lots of other sports in America, but globally it's still a niche sport.

It is, to a certain degree. But then we would also have to look at the details, such as: Which demographic is playing golf compared to doing mma? Let's say golf is a sport for the rich kids (and elderly people of the upper middle class segment), which is probably true to some extend.

What's tougher to make a living off of? There's lots of people playing golf, but do they have actual determination, or are they just playing for fun/recreational purposes?

Now, golf is a pretty popular sport when it comes to doing numbers on tv. Why is that? Is that because the rich dudes running the tv station are rich guys playing golf and therefore focusing on broadcasting their favorite sport?

LOTS of variables here.

And I'm not even disagreeing with you in general, golf is certainly one of the biggest sports around.

MMA is a middle-class sport, especially in America. Gyms are very expensive and even if you want to just watch, the biggest organization is the UFC who's entire business model is built around PPV.

500 million? You sure about that number, champ?

Yeah mistake on my side. I was thinking Danish KR, not Euros. The transfer was around 80mill euros and he makes 15mill euros+ pr year. So around 215 million euro so far.
The point still stands though.

Neymar went to PSG for 222 million Euro. With 36.8 million euros a year in salary (66 euro/minute lol)

The thread topic is women making $ comparative to men in sports.

However, since sherdoggies wide digression part of the fun so there’s also Ballet, which I don’t think is a sport, coz no goofy scoring among other factors , but requires athleticism and skill. The top women make similar $ to men.

Tennis is the only one

And y'all have two options: accept the future of MMA, 1/2 of fights being WMMA, and embrace it, or stay behind and cry at forums.

<GrassoBless>

Tennis players get some good money. Golf not so much. WNBA will probably fold soon.

Lingerie football?

They get paid like $50/game. They get paid more showing up and partying at a bar/club.

Back