Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series- Season 2

Menifeld definitely deserved it. It's his second win for the show, and since the first show he's been winning in LFA.

My guess is Curtis doesn't actually retire, and he either fights on the show again or gets signed as a late replacement.

100% agree with Larthus here, I didn't think that fight was a snoozefest at all tbh. Curtis showed great technique and peiced up a bigger guy on the feet while avoiding the heat that Lally was sending back in return. This show is too much "just bleed" for me as a true mma fan. The way Curtis worked the body and that kick to end it was way more entertaining than watching Greg Hardy throw a looping hook that KO'd someone because he is 275 lbs.

I agree with this 100%. He wasn't wading in and swinging bombs with another mammoth - whoever lands first wins. No, this was technique - finding range, setting traps, slipping punches, et al. You would think a supposed boxer like Dana would appreciate that.

I am hoping once the adrenaline wears off and Curtis' management talks to him, he stays in the game. He can definitely be a middle of the pack guy that can close out his career in the Octagon.

100% agree with Larthus here, I didn't think that fight was a snoozefest at all tbh. Curtis showed great technique and peiced up a bigger guy on the feet while avoiding the heat that Lally was sending back in return. This show is too much "just bleed" for me as a true mma fan. The way Curtis worked the body and that kick to end it was way more entertaining than watching Greg Hardy throw a looping hook that KO'd someone because he is 275 lbs.

I agree with you, I think Curtis is very skilled and would bet on him vs UFC competition. Just saying that the average fan may find him less than exciting which I am guessing factored into Dana's decision.

I guess what I'm really trying to say is, they should be signing fighters based on the nuances in their performance.

As many of you mentioned Curtis displayed a good skillset that will translate to the UFC. A looping punch KO can be thrown by anyone. Slips, patience in striking, technical striking, control of breathing so you don't gas etc are all things I believe they should be looking for IN a fighter to sign them because these are the types of skills that are transferrable.

If the UFC scouts based purely on finishes and not skills displayed in the fight, I seriously question their ability to spot raw talent. Finishing ONE fight isn't everything especially for new fighters who are nervous and reserved. You need to look at the nuances they display within their performance. That is the best indication of potential.

At the end of the day, in my opinion, as long as Hardy didn't go full CM Punk he was going to get a contract. He's a draw to an extent. People will tune in to watch his redemption arc. Curtis is just a skilled, but not exceptionally skilled fighter with a little bit of age on him. You best believe if Curtis had 1M IG followers + a compelling story he would be inking the deal right now.

At the end of the day, in my opinion, as long as Hardy didn't go full CM Punk he was going to get a contract. He's a draw to an extent. People will tune in to watch his redemption arc. Curtis is just a skilled, but not exceptionally skilled fighter with a little bit of age on him. You best believe if Curtis had 1M IG followers + a compelling story he would be inking the deal right now.
it seems like a no-brainer to put him on the upcoming heavyweight season of TUF to draw some eyeballs to the show and have him "prove himself" against similarly experienced fighters before throwing him in the big leagues. But then again I don't have Dana White's nuance and sophisticated approach to talent development.

jordon wright

-was going to fight for lfa again, but manager offered him fight in march so accepted it asap
-not ever aware of his opponent hernandez, says he does not know about him only matters
about getting himself ready, working hard, recovering well and looking forward to winning.
-works with carlos condit, sometimes even jon jones when hes at the gym.
-been and fought in LA before
-says fighting does not turn off for him, does not party, drink, drugs hes constantly fighting and improving
-tries different diets and training to see if it works
-is a big 185 pounder, but has his own method to cut weight and it works well
-no cheat meals for this fight, more focused for fight
-jon justice his MT coach in his corner
-says the ufc contract is his already and this is his time
-expects a r1 ko of hernandez in r1

Anthony Hernandez

-current LFA champ, was unable to get onto contender series last year but too late does
not watch telly much.
-knew about dana white fight after his LFA fight in jan
-does not know about jordon, seen his twitter feed that's about it
-went back to drawing board, working on finishing fighters got lazy in the gym but improving this
-got banged up a little after his jan 2018 LFA fight. But has a recovery system in place, does
re-alignment exercises to heal quicker and recover better.
-discusses cbt drops, says it heals him much better and does take it
-coaches do all the hard work
-trains with max griffin, josh and few other hw guys but not too many big guys for him here.
-weight cuts are ok but can be tricky wish he was lighter still, has a nutritionist who does all the work for him and it works well.
-was in the ER recently for an ear infection, got dizzy and vomiting but is better now.
-wants a round 1 finish, has to impress dana white says jordon has some flashy kicks so has to be
careful and get the finish wisely.

EXXXz7U.jpg

I'm kind of surprised books aren't offering props on who wins the contract each week.

I'm kind of surprised books aren't offering props on who wins the contract each week.
5Dimes can't even be bothered to release FOTN props anymore or Fastest Submission or Fastest KO props on the PPV and Fox cards like they used to.

This guy’s a little ridiculous but at least he went to the trouble to film a breakdown vid for this weeks ep

This is a strange fight order. First two fights should be the last two IMO.

This guy’s a little ridiculous but at least he went to the trouble to film a breakdown vid for this weeks ep

There’s enough posts in this section that come across as very amateur. Are we gonna share amateur youtuber vids too? That guy, along w almost all of the YouTube/twitter gambling community, is not good and watching that video is a waste of time that people could just use to do their own research

There’s enough posts in this section that come across as very amateur. Are we gonna share amateur youtuber vids too? That guy, along w almost all of the YouTube/twitter gambling community, is not good and watching that video is a waste of time that people could just use to do their own research
yea do us all a favor and refrain from posting these bum youtube capper vids

yea do us all a favor and refrain from posting these bum youtube capper vids

Seems like it woulda been easier to have just scrolled past and forgot about it...but that wasn’t really the point, was it?

Seems like it woulda been easier to have just scrolled past and forgot about it...but that wasn’t really the point, was it?
Why would I do that? That guy is not good at gambling or analysis for the most part. I should scroll past without commenting on my experience viewing his videos, rather than lend my opinion? I might have just saved someone from watching it, and influenced them to rather use that time to do their own research. You're welcome to those people.

Why would I do that? That guy is not good at gambling or analysis for the most part. I should scroll past without commenting on my experience viewing his videos, rather than lend my opinion? I might have just saved someone from watching it, and influenced them to rather use that time to do their own research. You're welcome to those people.
You have fourteen posts which means you are either brand new or that you're one of the many arrogant jokers who have been banned multiple times and came back under yet another novelty account. So your opinion means little on the balance.

You have fourteen posts which means you are either brand new or that you're one of the many arrogant jokers who have been banned multiple times and came back under yet another novelty account. So your opinion means little on the balance.
?? Brand new to a forum = I haven't gambled before?

Ive been lurking for a few months, thus the account date, and this sort of logic makes no sense. But neither does risking 30u on Claudia Gadelha like you did. You're as equipped to give advice as that guy in the youtube video with such amateur bankroll management and capping. So please check your blind hostility, there was no need for it

I appreciate MacPherson911 or anyone that posts actual substantive content like videos by handicappers that adds to the discussion, whether you agree with the particular handicapper or not. Snarky novelty accounts are pretty much worthless. And what's with pytycrys liking both of our posts, lol?

I appreciate MacPherson911 or anyone that posts actual substantive content like videos by handicappers that adds to the discussion, whether you agree with the particular handicapper or not. Snarky novelty accounts are pretty much worthless. And what's with pytycrys liking both of our posts, lol?
Not trying to be snarky. I gave my opinion on the video he posted. If hes gonna post the video, seems rational to expect opinions.....

Maybe you should spend less time passing your judgments off as if youre the superior of the section, and more time focusing on your gambling. Like I said, 30u on ANYONE is extremely amateur. And iirc, this is a normal habit for you. Check yourself before trying to bash me for no good reason other than being a new poster in this section.

Back